Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Math

Old 2007-07-30, 18:12   #1
mfgoode
Bronze Medalist

Jan 2004
Mumbai,India

22×33×19 Posts
Thumbs up My Maths paper.

I am glad to announce that a copy of my manuscript on the "The Beth Theorem" has been confirmed By Mr. Edward Dunne of the AMS as been received by them.

I have sent my main original manuscript to Acta Mathematica for publication in their prestigious Journal. The Beal's conjecture is only an offshoot of the theorem and I have proved that it is true and presented examples. For certain exponents exceeding a difference of 3 or more between them it is not true or possible.

I have also sent a copy as registration for the BC to Prof Mauldin Regent Professor of the Univ of North Texas who are Trutees for their prize.

As I have maintained This is a fundamental mathematical Theorem and does not require the use of a computer to prove it. I only used a 10 digit scientific calculator for the whole proof.

Yet it is a universal law of real and complex numbers which even a school boy/girl should be able to understand and is an extension of the Pythagoras theorm for all numbers not just Pythagorean triplets and true for any amount of numbers.

By the power of the Beth theorem I have given an original short proof of Fermat's Little theorem( Not to be confused of Fermat's last theorem.)

I have asked Acta Mathematica if I can publish it on the Net as their rules are that they publish only unpublished work.

The BC rules are that any work to be published and claimed for the prize has to be first pubished in a reputed journal.

So please keep your fingers crossed and thanks to mersenne forum where it took me two years, for bearing with me, to come up with my original paper which I have mentioned with vague hints all along in my posts but not even given the name of my Theorem and neither is it on my computer. I have presented it in my own handwriting.

I have chosen the 2nd letter Beth, of the Hebrew alphabet, as Cantor has used Aleph the 1 st letter. I have also used the variable quantity Kaph, the crux on which the theorem depends, and my method has not been known so far. It is unique. Kaph is the 11th letter of the Heb. alphabet.

In retrospect I am sure Fermat knew of this theorem to present his Last theorem. The Beth theorem explains this but it still requires a rigorous treatment which further exploration of the B.Th. holds promise. I have left it to future and contemporary mathematicians to do do.

Mally
mfgoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 18:53   #2
R.D. Silverman

Nov 2003

26·113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfgoode View Post

I am glad to announce that a copy of my manuscript on the "The Beth Theorem" has been confirmed By Mr. Edward Dunne of the AMS as been received by them.

ROTFLMAO.

I can imagine Acta Arithmetica's reaction.

Would you care, perhaps, to simply STATE this theorem of yours?
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 19:31   #3
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
Rep├║blica de California

983910 Posts

"Confirmed as having been received" - wow, very impressive. That's pretty much as good as published, isn't it?
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 15:45   #4
mfgoode
Bronze Medalist

Jan 2004
Mumbai,India

80416 Posts
Cool peanuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
ROTFLMAO.

I can imagine Acta Arithmetica's reaction.

Would you care, perhaps, to simply STATE this theorem of yours?

I will but not at this stage until Acta acknowledges receipt of my Manuscript.

How ever to give you some idea it is like the form in the Beals Conjecture but more general as it applies for all integers, rational, real, and complex numbers.

The Beals conjecture if proved has a $ 100K prize !

So you see Dr. Silverman I am not playing for peanuts!

Mally
Old 2007-07-31, 15:50   #5
mfgoode
Bronze Medalist

Jan 2004
Mumbai,India

80416 Posts
Lightbulb Priority!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post
"Confirmed as having been received" - wow, very impressive. That's pretty much as good as published, isn't it?
Well Ernst, discovery is judged by its priority of publication.
I want to be recorded as the first naturally !

Mally
Old 2007-07-31, 16:33   #6
hhh

Jun 2005

37210 Posts

I have found a way of predicting the next lottery numbers. Unfortunately, I cannot display it here until my submission is recieved and checked for correctness. Unlike this Bean conjecture, the prize for only one prediction of lottery numbers is *really* worth it, going as high as some million $.
Huh, Mally, who is playing for peanuts?
This fairly proves that my method has to be much more accurate than your so called "proof".
BTW: Yow much time did you spend on working that out? I developed my method just this night, before falling asleep. So who is the genius here, huh? Huh?

No offence meant!

Yours H.
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 18:20   #7
R.D. Silverman

Nov 2003

26·113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfgoode View Post

I will but not at this stage until Acta acknowledges receipt of my Manuscript.
You said that they already did acknowledge receipt!!!!!!!
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 01:01   #8
wblipp

"William"
May 2003
New Haven

22×32×5×13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
You said that they already did acknowledge receipt!!!!!!!
Does AMS publish Acta Mathematica? I thought Malley simultaneously submitted to two journals (AMS and Acta Mathematica), and has received confirmation of receipt from only AMS so far.
wblipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 01:07   #9
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
Rep├║blica de California

231578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblipp View Post
Does AMS publish Acta Mathematica? I thought Malley simultaneously submitted to two journals (AMS and Acta Mathematica), and has received confirmation of receipt from only AMS so far.
Isn't submitting the same paper simultaneously to multiple journals a no-no?

Methinks Mally got some 'splainin to do...especially since the journals will surely be fighting tooth and nail to publish such a seminal work as I'm sure our Bronze Medalist has produced.

All kidding aside - Mally, you should consider putting a copy of your manuscript on the ArXiv preprint server.
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 07:30   #10
mfgoode
Bronze Medalist

Jan 2004
Mumbai,India

205210 Posts
Arrow Lottery vs. peanuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhh View Post
I have found a way of predicting the next lottery numbers. Unfortunately, I cannot display it here until my submission is recieved and checked for correctness. Unlike this Bean conjecture, the prize for only one prediction of lottery numbers is *really* worth it, going as high as some million $.
This fairly proves that my method has to be much more accurate than your so called "proof".
BTW: Yow much time did you spend on working that out? I developed my method just this night, before falling asleep. So who is the genius here, huh? Huh?

No offence meant!

Yours H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhh View Post

No offence meant!

Yours H.

Ha! Ha! hhh.

I have never been a fortune hunter and always believed that hard work pays in the long run.

You cannot get something for nothing. Its against the laws of nature leave alone thermo dynamics.

However I'm not in the mood for being rude to anyone even if they have treated and called me a crank and put me on the ignore list. Today they are putting forth their mathematical beggar bowls to me. Thats life! Its hard but I put forward my other cheek that has not been slapped.

Well I wish you all the best in your 'lottery theorem' You spent overnight to deduce it but may you enjoy a long life to enjoy it.

Hey hhh are you from Portugal or stationed there?

You spend a night dreaming of your prize but I can spend all night dreaming of the Portuguese beauty Penelope Cruz.

Happy hunting,

Mally
Old 2007-08-01, 08:21   #11
mfgoode
Bronze Medalist

Jan 2004
Mumbai,India

22×33×19 Posts
Thumbs up AMS & Acta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblipp View Post

William,

You have understood my posts very clearly. May God bless you for your gift and insight and power of prediction.

I have not forgotten the valuable tip you gave me some two years ago that I should tackle the Beal Conjecture. I then realised I was sitting on a time bomb and clamped up on this forum until now I can speak openly and victoriously. Yes its been hard work, waking up at 4 a.m. and waiting for inspiration from the Holy Spirit. It is not my work its His!

You see, one tip, one remark and it can make a world of a difference for one searching for the truth! Hence let us not discourage anyone, as the treatment Jasong got, in his last post, is anything but encouraging, and I not only object to it but to prove that I went thru the same in my early days here but emerged successfully.

I dont mind a humorous jab and advice in studying the necessary background material. But lets not discourage someone that due to circumstances he has no alternative, but to self study and which better place than this forum? Neither should we make an unlearned diagnosis when we are not trained psychiatrists!

This morning I awoke in a qaundary. On the query to state my theorem I was at a loss as to how I presented it as I had 4 different introductions but did I pick the best?

After my morning mile, I opened my steel cupboard and took out the original and I was greatly comforted that yes it was the best way that I had presented it!

At the moment modesty does not permit me to ever imagine what the giants like Pythagoras, Fermat, Gauss Euler, and Lagrange and many others who have burned the midnight oil will think of my small contribution but one question they will ask themselves: 'Why didn't we think of it'? The answer is that the LORD has his own methods of dishing out gifts and insprations, and whatever, we must not only be thankfull but to give Him His due.

BTW: william I understand you have your own website and deal in such matters. When the circumstances are right I will ask you to put my theory on to it if you are willing.

Mally