mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > greenskull

Old 2021-10-12, 20:37   #23
kruoli

"Oliver"
Sep 2017
Porta Westfalica, DE

28·3 Posts

If A does not imply B, then B does not imply A.

A: cold climate
B: hair

Polar bears' skin is black to consume as much energy as possible.

Last fiddled with by kruoli on 2021-10-12 at 20:38 Reason: Grammar.
kruoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-12, 20:38   #24
a1call

"Rashid Naimi"
Oct 2015
Remote to Here/There

2×1,087 Posts

Quote:
It's all in the crimp and curl, which creates air pockets giving wool its unique ability to absorb moisture and transport it away from the body. This remarkable insulation factor works to keep you both warm and cool.
https://www.hdwool.com/blog/how-wool...m%20and%20cool.

I have heard that in Saudi-Arabia they wear wool clothing in environmental temperatures far beyond people's core-temperature to keep the heat out.
a1call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-12, 20:56   #25
greenskull
Xebeche

Apr 2019
🌺🙏🌺

2·3·73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruoli View Post
If A does not imply B, then B does not imply A.

A: cold climate
B: hair

Polar bears' skin is black to consume as much energy as possible.
That is why it seems that polar bears have black skin. And white fur.
Why do natives of Africa have black skin? Probably to keep them cooler?

I think all these arguments are very contradictory.

Last fiddled with by greenskull on 2021-10-12 at 21:07
greenskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-12, 20:58   #26
greenskull
Xebeche

Apr 2019
🌺🙏🌺

2×3×73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1call View Post
https://www.hdwool.com/blog/how-wool...m%20and%20cool.

I have heard that in Saudi-Arabia they wear wool clothing in environmental temperatures far beyond people's core-temperature to keep the heat out.
Try yourself walking in a woolen sweater in the heat of 50 degrees. Then pls tell us :)
Old 2021-10-12, 21:28   #27
Viliam Furik

"Viliam Furík"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

2×353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskull View Post
That is why it seems that polar bears have black skin. And white fur.
It doesn't seem to be so. It is so.

Quote:
Why do natives of Africa have black skin? Probably to keep them cooler?
Nope. I don't know for sure why, but I know it's not to keep them cooler...

AFAIK, it has to do with Sun's UV radiation. Dark skin offers much better protection against it. That's why people with light skin need to use sunscreen in order to not get sunburns.
Viliam Furik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-12, 21:44   #28
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

100111100010112 Posts

Quote:
Try yourself walking in a woolen sweater in the heat of 50 degrees. Then pls tell us :)
Jumpers are a poor design for keeping cool. Thin layers with vertical draping works better. They allow for sweat to evaporate to cool the body. In Minnesota, people start to put on sweaters when the temps hit 50 degrees.
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-12, 21:52   #29
greenskull
Xebeche

Apr 2019
🌺🙏🌺

2·3·73 Posts

It seems to me that many things are incomprehensible in relation to a person.
Why did human start walking on two legs. If this gives the advantage of using hands, then isn't this advantage universal for all other species?
Why, of all primates, only man has articulate speech?
How and why did human skin lose hair, turn white, and eyes become light when he migrated from the African continent? If this is due to climate or ultraviolet light, then why does it not work for other species?

I do not want to argue on this topic, let everyone remain on their own vision. But I am inclined to believe that man is a product of artificial selection with the participation of extraterrestrial civilizations.
Old 2021-10-12, 21:56   #30
greenskull
Xebeche

Apr 2019
🌺🙏🌺

2×3×73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
Jumpers are a poor design for keeping cool. Thin layers with vertical draping works better. They allow for sweat to evaporate to cool the body. In Minnesota, people start to put on sweaters when the temps hit 50 degrees.
For about 10 years in total, I have lived in a very hot climate, when the daytime temperature in the shade is over 45 degrees Celsius. Therefore, all these stories about woolen sweaters in 45 degrees heat are complete nonsense. Only old people dress warmly in the heat.
Old 2021-10-12, 22:07   #31
Viliam Furik

"Viliam Furík"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

10110000102 Posts

Quote:
It seems to me that many things are incomprehensible in relation to a person.
Why did human start walking on two legs. If this gives the advantage of using hands, then isn't this advantage universal for all other species?
Why, of all primates, only man has articulate speech?
How and why did human skin lose hair, turn white, and eyes become light when he migrated from the African continent? If this is due to climate or ultraviolet light, then why does it not work for other species?

I do not want to argue on this topic, let everyone remain on their own vision. But I am inclined to believe that man is a product of artificial selection with the participation of extraterrestrial civilizations.
The principles of evolution don't work the way you think they do. There is no ultimate way to evolve, nor is there a universal advantage.

In the early stage of humanity, the ancestors of Homo Sapiens were those primates who left the jungle and entered savannas. There they lost most of the skin hair because they needed a more efficient cooling system. With this came the problem of bare skin, for which dark skin was the reaction.

Other primates are not capable of speech, because they didn't have the need to develop the ability.
Old 2021-10-12, 22:15   #32
greenskull
Xebeche

Apr 2019
🌺🙏🌺

6668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viliam Furik View Post
Other primates are not capable of speech, because they didn't have the need to develop the ability.
This is a great construction that can explain everything.

It is unimportant that something provides benefits for the survival and growth of the population. The main thing is necessary or not.
Old 2021-10-12, 22:19   #33
Viliam Furik

"Viliam Furík"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

70610 Posts

Quote:
For about 10 years in total, I have lived in a very hot climate, when the daytime temperature in the shade is over 45 degrees Celsius. Therefore, all these stories about woolen sweaters in 45 degrees heat are complete nonsense. Only old people dress warmly in the heat.
You're waving around with alleged experience, but did you try it? I agree it sounds like nonsense. But I know I'd have to try it because I can't sufficiently prove it otherwise.

If I were to take your words literally, I would tell you, that the implication you state is utter bul*sh#t. The fact that you live in a hot environment does not directly imply that a woollen sweater in heat is nonsense. There is no logical relation between those two statements. If you said that you tried it, and you weren't feeling colder, therefore it's nonsense, then that would be a logically correct implication.