Old 2019-05-20, 16:21   #12
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

3·1,571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
AFAIK in Primegrid user has special option on preferencies page to allow report primes to Top-5000 on behalf of that user. If the primary finder didn't activate this option prime reported under the doublechecker's name. That's a good practice indeed.
And if the double checker’s name fails to submit is the prime submitted as anonymous or under PrimeGrid admin’s name?
pinhodecarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-20, 18:12   #13
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

912610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
And if the double checker’s name fails to submit is the prime submitted as anonymous or under PrimeGrid admin’s name?
Good question!

As Anonymous. With PrimeGrid as a project.
Imagine how many numbers would have been submitted as, say, M.Goetz's if he did the same.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-20, 18:24   #14
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

3·1,571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
Good question!

As Anonymous. With PrimeGrid as a project.
Imagine how many numbers would have been submitted as, say, M.Goetz's if he did the same.
Like the description under the anonymous account, thank you Serge. Looks like SRbase needs to follow PrimeGrids policy.
Old 2019-05-20, 19:18   #15
MyDogBuster

May 2008
Wilmington, DE

22×23×31 Posts

Quote:
Looks like SRbase needs to follow PrimeGrids policy
And that is your opinion. .If you are going to suggest a course of action then an IMO should have been used. IMO
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-24, 20:03   #16
rebirther

Sep 2011
Germany

22·3·5·41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDogBuster View Post
And that is your opinion. .If you are going to suggest a course of action then an IMO should have been used. IMO

I have created a new account "SRBase" to report all primes there if they are still unreported.
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 11:08   #17
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

3·1,571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirther View Post
I have created a new account "SRBase" to report all primes there if they are still unreported.
Still ranked. Are you going to request to move all primes from your account to this one?

From PrimeGrid anonymous entry:

Quote:
I do not know who proved these primes or have not yet received permission to post their names, so I am using this entry as a placeholder. If you know the prover for any of them please let me know (or better--encourage them to create an entry here and let me know they have!)
This is also used as a place holder for those that intend to remain forever anonymous. Because I do not know how many persons this may eventually involve, and those person will be unrelated anyway, this entry is unranked in the prime score and prime count lists (and always will be).
Maybe add something similar...
Old 2019-05-25, 11:20   #18
pepi37

Dec 2011
After milion nines:)

134310 Posts

I look at this conversation and I dont know why you even start this question: there is and there always will be two kind of people: one kind search for primes, and another search for badges/credits.

First kind of people will and are reporting primes using real names. Second kind dont do that and that is OK. Reporting prime under Reb name is OK in that case. Reb CRUS is not Primegrid. And dont need to follow Primegrid rules regard reporting prime.
Reb doing big job without any other significant help.
pepi37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 12:09   #19
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

3·1,571 Posts

It’s unfair to the other prime hunters since Reb is climbing on the rank as an individual using primes not found by himself. Primes are found by boinc project users and I can’t see where’s a signed consent document to allow this.
PrimeGrid seems in my view more honest on this approach. Anyway, I’ll report this to Chris hoping in his conscience to action on the best interest of the prime hunters community.
Old 2019-05-25, 18:16   #20
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

5×13×157 Posts

Carlos,

I am going to ask you to leave the CRUS forum. You have stirred up enough trouble. You have a history of stirring up trouble in projects in the past. I let this one slide for a little while to see how it played out. You do not seem to know when to stop and keep beating a dead horse. Enough is enough.

Reb is doing a great job with the SRBase project. He has offered to report all future primes to a general account. It is not your place to call him out and offer up your version of rules. You have no authority over anyone. He is a single person running a big project that finds 10s of primes in a year. PrimeGrid has many volunteers and finds 100s and 1000s of primes in a year. There is no comparison between the two.

I will delete any future posts by you and if it continues will delete all of your posts here and possibly the entire thread. Please leave. You are not welcome here.

Reb, you report primes as you see fit. I see no reason to report them to a general account.

Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2019-05-25 at 18:20
gd_barnes is online now   Reply With Quote