Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Fun Stuff > Lounge

Old 2020-11-24, 14:22   #375
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

22×3×11×71 Posts

Latest trick: using google forms (highlight is mine.)
Quote:
Dear Partner,

I have lost your contact and i had to search your name on the internet and i got your email address .I am happy to inform you about my success in getting that inheritance fund under the co-operation of a new partner from China Mr Young Lee. I'm in China with the partner for some projects with the inheritance fund.But i have compensated you for your effort with the sum of $2,550,000.00 US

Your Total share of the money is $2,550,000.00 US. I have left your check with Mr Charles Obi. You can contact her immediately.Email Address :
agentdiplomat5671@yahoo.com

Mail him right now for your check of $2,550,000.00 USd. thank you and God bless you.

Best Regards,

Mr Prince Ajibola
Untitled form
FILL OUT FORM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yeah-no.png
Views:	37
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	23840  
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 10:53   #376
xilman
Bamboozled!

"𒉺𒌌𒇷𒆷𒀭"
May 2003
Down not across

25×331 Posts

Just received this:

Quote:
Česká pošta
Vážený zákazníku,

děkujeme, že používáte českou poštu, váš balíček na vás čeká.
Musíte dokončit platbu ve výši (52,00 czk).

Co bych měl dělat?
Kliknutím na níže uvedený bezpečný odkaz dokončíte platbu svých přepravních poplatků

S pozdravem.
Péče o zákazníky českou poštu.
Zaplať teď

© 2021 Česká pošta Information line 420 954 292 103 info@cpost.cz
My very first Czech scam in something over 11 years exposure to the country. I wonder why they bother for such a piffling amount. CZK 52 is EUR 1.95, GBP 1.76 or USD 2.37.

I did not click on the link, which leads to https: //cutt.ly/... to see whether I was supposed send banking login information.

For the benefit of those too lazy to use Google Translate, here is what that thinks it says in English:

Quote:
Czech Post
Dear customer,

Thank you for using Czech Post, your package is waiting for you.
You must complete the payment of (52.00 CZK).

What should I do?
Click on the secure link below to complete payment of your shipping charges

Regards.
Customer care Czech Post.
Pay now

© 2021 Czech Post Information line 420 954 292 103 info@cpost.cz
xilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 14:43   #377
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

434010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
Just received this:
<snip>
My very first Czech scam in something over 11 years exposure to the country. I wonder why they bother for such a piffling amount. CZK 52 is EUR 1.95, GBP 1.76 or USD 2.37.

I did not click on the link, which leads to https: //cutt.ly/... to see whether I was supposed send banking login information.

For the benefit of those too lazy to use Google Translate, here is what that thinks it says in English:
<snip>
That reminds me - I recently got a phone call from someone purporting to be a supervisor (even giving his name, though somehow forgetting to mention my name...) at a UPS center holding a "prize" they were unable to deliver to me. I wasn't home when the call came, so it went to my answering machine.

Before deleting the recorded message (which was obviously bogus) and the incoming call log (to guard against me accidentally calling them back), I noted a few things:

1) I had not entered any contest, raffle, etc which might garner me a prize that would be delivered by UPS.

2) How the heck would UPS know the phone number (but, apparently, not the name) of someone they're trying to deliver a package to?

3) If UPS is unable to deliver a package (e.g. if it requires a signature and nobody's home), they stick a notice on the door.

4) The area code of the incoming call was not familiar. If UPS were holding a package for me, it would be at the nearest UPS center, which is in my area code.

5) The area code of the number they told me to call back did not match the area code of the incoming call, and was not a toll-free area code.

When it occurred to me to check details days later, I could not remember the order of the last two digits of the return call area code. I checked both possibilities. Both were for locales over a thousand miles from where I live.
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 16:10   #378
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2×32×347 Posts

Got a call from "Amazon" today claiming that $300 had been charged to my credit card. Obviously not Amazon and there are no mysterious charges on my credit card.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-20, 21:42   #379
Stargate38

"Daniel Jackson"
May 2011

3×5×43 Posts

Anyone else get this?

Code:
Dear Friend,

How  are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family? I hope this  mail meets you in a perfect condition. I am using this opportunity to  thank you for your great effort to our unfinished transfer of fund into  your account due to one reason or the other best known to you.

But  I want to inform you that I have successfully transferred the  Check  out of the company to someone else who was capable of assisting  me in  this great venture Due to your effort, sincerity, courage and trust  worthiness you showed at the course of the transaction I want to  compensate you and show my gratitude to you with the sum $250,000.00  (two hundred  Fifty thousand united states Dollars)in addition to your  lottery winnings of $500 thousand now amounting to $750,000.00(seven  hundred and fifty thousand United States Dollars).

My  dear friend I will like you to contact the finance house for the  collection of this international certified bank draft. The name and   contact address of the Person with your Check is Mr. Alfred Morris, is  as follows.

COMPENSATION AND FINANCE HOUSE HEAD OFFICE

CONTACT AGENT: MR.ALFRED MORRIS.

Email: (mscarlpointe@gmail.com)

At  the moment, I am very busy here because of the investment projects   which myself and my new partner are having at hand. Finally, remember   that I have forwarded instruction to the finance house on your behalf   to send the bank draft to you as soon as you contact them without   delay. Please I will like you to accept this token with good faith as   this is from the bottom of my heart.

Thanks and God bless you and your family. Hope to hear from you soon.

My  sincere advice to you as a christian is that you should endeavor to pay  your tithe to a bible believing church when you get the prize.

Best Regards,

Mrs. Sherry Williams
Some words are unnecessarily capitalized (Check), while others should be (they forgot to capitalize Bible). Also, missing/incorrect punctuation. Clearly a scam, and googling the e-mail proves it. It's the first one I've ever received.

Last fiddled with by retina on 2021-01-20 at 23:27 Reason: Neuter email link
Stargate38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-20, 23:16   #380
Stargate38

"Daniel Jackson"
May 2011

3×5×43 Posts

Could you please un-hyperlink that email (i.e. put spaces in it)?
Stargate38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-20, 23:53   #381
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

22×3×11×71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate38 View Post
Could you please un-hyperlink that email (i.e. put spaces in it)?
If it is to a scammer, why not leave it? That way spammers can spam it.
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 08:27   #382
xilman
Bamboozled!

"𒉺𒌌𒇷𒆷𒀭"
May 2003
Down not across

1059210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
xilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 08:37   #383
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

608310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
I unlinked at the posters request, but left it intact (no spaces or funny stuff) so the normal spammer page scrapers can still recognise it.

But would a scammer fall for the penile enlargement scams? Somehow I doubt it. Recognising one's own tradecraft should be quite easy to do.
retina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-08, 02:29   #384
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

220738 Posts

I guess I made it onto a sucker list too, haha.

One guy sends me the following email message, written in very cursive Thai, and which appears to be sent from my own work email address to myself. Google translate does a very good job if you copy/paste all the text into there, but for the people who doesn't have the patience or the interest or the skill, this idiot is claiming that he has a video with me masturbating, and he is recording me right now on the camera reading the respective email, and I have to pay $1100 in bitcoins, and he will delete the video. And I should believe him, pinky promise.

For how well informed he seems to be about all the bad things I do, he doesn't know few things, first, I know how the SMTP works. Then, I am not Thai, therefore my level at Thai is fair, "vegetable market bargaining" level, I can read everything (because I know the alphabet and the rules, which are quite simple, actually), but I can understand almost NOTHING of what I read (because my vocabulary is quite restricted, and more than half of understanding is represented by the tones (Thai is a tonal language, the same word said on different tone has a totally different meaning) and by facial expression and gestures (when talking with Thais, face to face). Then, he doesn't know that at the place I work there are no cameras allowed (well, high level electronics) and my laptop has always a lid (physical piece of opaque plastic, this is not endorsing the respective product, just to show the concept) which only opens when I am in a meeting room in telco with customers. He also doesn't know I don't take the laptop in the bathroom when I masturbate.

Moreover he doesn't know that my masturbating days are long over, haha, unless he made the video many MANY years ago when I was younger and the desire was pressing harder...

And... $1100? Buddy, you are such a GREEDY son of a bleach... You could request 10 bucks or 20 or so, but 1100? I won't pay so much even if you have a video with me killing my mother... For $1100 I go masturbate in some public place, your choice (sure, bypassers will turn their heads in disgust from the "old senile guy playing with his dick").

Next step would be to take the blockchain and analyze it to see if this sucker got any money in that account, and more important, if he got any money out of it. Bitcoin is not so anonymous as some believe, and actually is quite easy to draw a line between an account owner and a real person, as long as he/she does other operations than moving bitcoins from one account to the other, or from one crypto to the other (i.e. buy any real goods or services, transform any crypto to cash, etc). But I won't spend the time on this sucker anymore, and of course, won't pay any money.

So, you be aware, if you get a video with me masturbating, you should know the reason...

Quote:
ดังที่คุณได้เห็นอีเมลฉบับนี้ส่งมาจากบัญชีของคุณเองนี่คงเป็นข่าวร้ายสำหรับคุณแต่ไม่ต้องกังวลไปฉันจะอธิบายให้ฟังตอนนี้เลย
ฉันสามารถเข้าถึงอุปกรณ์ของคุณได้และฉันก็ได้เฝ้าติดตามกิจกรรมของคุณมาเป็นเวลาสองสามเดือนแล้วจนถึงตอนนี้
มันเกิดขึ้นได้อย่างไร? คุณเยี่ยมชมเว็บไซต์ที่ถูกแฮ็กและอุปกรณ์ของคุณจะติดมัลแวร์ส่วนตัวของฉัน

มัลแวร์ที่ฉันสร้างขึ้นนั้นเป็นซอฟต์แวร์ที่ซับซ้อนมากโดยที่การทำงานจะคล้ายกับโปรแกรมม้าโทรจันและเนื่องจากมันเป็นมัลแวร์ส่วนตัวจึงไม่มีโปรแกรมป้องกันไวรัสใดสามารถตรวจจับได้นี่เป็นเพราะเครื่องของคุณถูกแฮ็กก่อนหน้านี้ต่างหาก
โดยเราได้ติดตั้งตัวดักจับรหัสผ่านตัวควบคุมกล้องและไมโครโฟนลงไปแถมยังสามารถโอนไฟล์และเข้าถึงเครื่อข่ายของคุณได้ด้วย
ฉันใช้เวลาสักพักเพื่อเข้าถึงข้อมูลจากอุปกรณ์ของคุณและตอนนี้ฉันก็มีข้อมูลลับรายชื่อติดต่อข้อความและสามารถดูทุกอย่างในเครื่องคุณได้แล้ว

เอาจริงๆแล้วตอนแรกฉันก็ไม่ได้อยากทำอะไรไม่ดีหรอกแล้วก็ทำเรื่องนี้เพื่อความสนุกเท่านั้นแต่ฉันเพิ่งป่วยเป็นโรคโควิดและตกงาน
และฉันก็เลยมีไอเดียที่จะใช้เรื่องนี้เพื่อเรียกเงินจากคุณ

ฉันได้ทำวิดีโอที่มีคุณช่วยตัวเองอยู่มันเป็นวิดีโอแบบแยกหน้าจอที่คุณสามารถดูหน้าจอได้ขณะกำลังทำงาน
มันเป็นเรื่องสนุกสำหรับฉันแต่เป็นเรื่องร้ายสำหรับชื่อเสียงของคุณแน่ๆฉันไม่ภูมิใจที่จะต้องทำสิ่งนี้หรอกนะแต่ฉันต้องการเงินน่ะ

เอาล่ะเราจะเอาอย่างนี้นะและฉันจะไม่ส่งวิดีโอนี้ให้คนคุณที่รักเพื่อนๆและเหล่าญาติของคุณหากคุณตอบแทนตามที่ฉันขอไว้จะไม่มีใครรู้เรื่องนี้และชื่อเสียงของคุณจะไม่ป่นปี้
คุณต้องเข้าใจก่อนว่านี่ไม่ใช่เรื่องเล่นๆฉันจะส่งมันผ่านอีเมลข้อความหรือจะโพสต์ลงโซเชียลมีเดียของคุณก็ได้

คุณก็ส่งเงินจำนวน1100ดอลลาร์ให้ฉันทั้งกระเป๋าเงินBitcoin (หากคุณไม่รู้วิธีการทำก็เข้าGoogle ไปหา "วิธีการซื้อBitcoin" ได้)
กระเป๋าเงินBitcoin ของฉัน (BTC Wallet): 1K9y6fhBpumUdQqZUWfQDaGte6TCBFg6ch
เมื่อฉันได้รับแล้วฉันจะลบวีดีโอนั้นออกในทันทีคุณสามารถมั่นใจได้เลยว่าคุณจะไม่มีวันได้รับการติดต่อมาจากฉันอีก

โดยผมจะให้เส้นตายคุณภายใน3วัน. คุณไม่สามารถต่อรองยอดเงินได้และฉันจะมองเห็นได้ว่าคุณเปิดอีเมลนี้อีกด้วย.
อย่าพยายามรายงานเรื่องนี้ฉันใช้งานTOR และบิตคอยน์ที่ไม่มีทางสืบตัวฉันได้หากคุณทำอะไรโง่ฉันจะเผยแพร่วิดีโอนี้

ได้โปรดอย่าโทษฉันหรือตัวคุณเองเลยคุณไม่อาจรู้ได้ว่ากล้องกำลังบันทึกภาพคุณอยู่

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2021-02-08 at 02:43
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-08, 02:49   #385
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

7×11×79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
... claiming that he has a video with me masturbating, and he is recording me right now on the camera reading the respective email ...
Ask for a screenshot from the video as proof.

Of course he can't make one, so it would be interesting to see how he responds.
retina is online now   Reply With Quote