mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > New To GIMPS? Start Here! > Information & Answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-24, 16:25   #1
Unregistered
 

151718 Posts
Default primenet account

for the last couple of days, prime95 has told me that it cannot connect to primenet.

I went to the "normal" web site and it's not responding. Then I checked v5www.... and it was working, but my account doesn't exist there.

What's up with that ?

stealthaxe[n0sp4m]@tx.rr.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 18:15   #2
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted
 
Mini-Geek's Avatar
 
"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

3×1,423 Posts
Default

http://www.mersenne.org/ is working. Read the notice at the top.
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 18:17   #3
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502
 
Uncwilly's Avatar
 
"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

2×5,059 Posts
Default

There is a transition from the v4 server to the v5 server happening.
The user need not do anything, in general. (If you have set Prime95 for manual communication only, try back once or twice a day until things are back.)

As soon as things are back up and running, all should go well.

http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=10832
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 20:20   #4
stealthaxe
 
stealthaxe's Avatar
 
May 2003
Richardson, Texas

22·3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
There is a transition from the v4 server to the v5 server happening.
The user need not do anything, in general. (If you have set Prime95 for manual communication only, try back once or twice a day until things are back.)

As soon as things are back up and running, all should go well.

http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=10832
So, I'm the "unregistered" user that started this thread (since registered :-).

I must have tried primenet at a critical stage above and now I have read all about the migration, which makes total sense.

I've got the new 25.7 running (nice!) but now I cannot link my old account. I've verified that I'm using the right ID and password (if I use wrong ones I get an appropriate error message).

The only thing it tells me is that I am linked to no v4 accounts.

Is this something which is still being worked on ?

stealthaxe
stealthaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 20:56   #5
Kevin
 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Aug 2002
Ann Arbor, MI

433 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthaxe View Post
So, I'm the "unregistered" user that started this thread (since registered :-).

I must have tried primenet at a critical stage above and now I have read all about the migration, which makes total sense.

I've got the new 25.7 running (nice!) but now I cannot link my old account. I've verified that I'm using the right ID and password (if I use wrong ones I get an appropriate error message).

The only thing it tells me is that I am linked to no v4 accounts.

Is this something which is still being worked on ?

stealthaxe
Yeah, the linking old accounts to new accounts is still a little shaky.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 21:00   #6
S485122
 
S485122's Avatar
 
"Jacob"
Sep 2006
Brussels, Belgium

6DC16 Posts
Default

It has been worked on. See for instance the "Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet > PrimeNet 5.0 Upgrade" thread. If you still have problems you should e-mail Scott (right click on his name in one of his posts.)

Jacob
S485122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 21:51   #7
stealthaxe
 
stealthaxe's Avatar
 
May 2003
Richardson, Texas

11002 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S485122 View Post
It has been worked on. See for instance the "Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet > PrimeNet 5.0 Upgrade" thread. If you still have problems you should e-mail Scott (right click on his name in one of his posts.)

Jacob
Thanks S; I did follow that link already but there was nothing there that I haven't tried yet. It kind of looks like my account data is gone.

5 years, *sigh*
stealthaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 23:57   #8
cheesehead
 
cheesehead's Avatar
 
"Richard B. Woods"
Aug 2002
Wisconsin USA

22·3·641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthaxe View Post
It kind of looks like my account data is gone.

5 years, *sigh*
No, it's NOT gone. The v4 system used RAID, so the data is all there even though one disk failed. The real problem is that it's not yet all linked to v5.

I do hope that not too many users are deleting their report data or performing other irreversible actions because of incorrect assumptions about v4/v5.

Last fiddled with by cheesehead on 2008-10-27 at 23:58
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 05:32   #9
stealthaxe
 
stealthaxe's Avatar
 
May 2003
Richardson, Texas

1210 Posts
Default

Well, now things are a bit better.

I was able to link my old account, and under the links page and the CPUs page it shows, but nothing shows yet under my cumulative stats. Still look like a newbie on that page.

I suspect that this will just take a while to get settled.

Pt
stealthaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 12:32   #10
Unregistered
 

2×3×109 Posts
Default Primnet v4 Account Password lost

Hello,

i have just created a primenet v5 Account.
For Transferring the primenet v4 Work i need to have the password
of my old v4 account. But i cant remember any more.

My User is: Mantovanelli ( in v4 and v5)

Can you send me the v4 password to Marco at Mantovanelli dot de

Thanks!!
Marco Mantovanelli
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to recover old (1999-ish) Primenet user account? gareth PrimeNet 10 2018-02-11 19:52
computer id missing in Primenet account report onesoul PrimeNet 6 2007-02-13 06:14
Asterisk in Primenet Account Report jinydu PrimeNet 5 2006-10-30 02:55
Primenet individual account report "current iteration" Peter Nelson PrimeNet 7 2005-02-15 00:12
Someone else is using my account Unregistered PrimeNet 6 2004-02-16 20:40

All times are UTC. The time now is 23:10.


Fri Dec 3 23:10:31 UTC 2021 up 133 days, 17:39, 0 users, load averages: 2.29, 1.92, 1.87

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.