Old 2012-01-28, 16:30   #12
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

26·131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd View Post
Maybe. I just grabbed an old backup with the ecm data, lets see if it can be imported ..

Good idea. This might lower the load average a bit.

Forgot to upload this file. Should work now.

Fixed this one.

Btw: I´m exporting the last line of every aliquot sequence to a seperate file now. It wont update, its just whats in the db now. If anyone has a use for it:

http://factordb.com/endings

The file is still growing.
isn't that kinda what Allseq.zip does it shows a list of last know ends for open sequences that aren't reserved ? edit: but I do see a use for this in the aliquot genealogy project.

Last fiddled with by science_man_88 on 2012-01-28 at 16:33
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 17:58   #13
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

24·3·61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by science_man_88 View Post
isn't that kinda what Allseq.zip does it shows a list of last know ends for open sequences that aren't reserved ? edit: but I do see a use for this in the aliquot genealogy project.
1. It shows for every seq the last term not only for open seqs.
2. That's the reason I asked about such file.
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 18:45   #14
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

26×131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
1. It shows for every seq the last term not only for open seqs.
2. That's the reason I asked about such file.
the fact that it shows finished sequences is why I think it could be used for the aliquot genealogy project because it gives ending primes that are actually used not necessarily all primes. the problem is getting the pathways in between unless we just group them by end prime.
Old 2012-01-28, 19:45   #15
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

2×2,969 Posts

Quote:
Btw: I´m exporting the last line of every aliquot sequence to a seperate file now. It wont update, its just whats in the db now. If anyone has a use for it:

Would it be possible to add iteration numbers to the file? If enough info is in this file(I think just iteration numbers are needed. We can generate drivers etc.) then we won't ever have to pull all the sequences the slow way again reducing server load.
henryzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 22:47   #16
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

24×257 Posts

Quote:

Excellent! This is what I was looking for when I initiated the Genealogy thread. But, as already mentioned, the iteration would help, too.

Thanks for all the great work, Syd.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 03:05   #17
Syd

Sep 2008
Krefeld, Germany

2×5×23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
Excellent! This is what I was looking for when I initiated the Genealogy thread. But, as already mentioned, the iteration would help, too.
I also added the iteration (@n=...), but needed to restart the process.

There are some more issues:
- just 200 secs cpu time if not logged in (fixed now, it should have been 2000 secs)
- large numbers (~>200kbit) take forever to load. Seems to be an issue with my modified php version.
Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 05:41   #18
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

100208 Posts

Quote:
I also added the iteration (@n=...), but needed to restart the process.

There are some more issues:
- just 200 secs cpu time if not logged in (fixed now, it should have been 2000 secs)
- large numbers (~>200kbit) take forever to load. Seems to be an issue with my modified php version.
Again, excellent! (although, I would have probably used @i=). But, this is great as it is!

Thank you for all the work.
Old 2012-01-29, 09:31   #19
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

292810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
(although, I would have probably used @i=)
A job for textprocessing awk after this is finished or FIND-REPLACE with a good text editor.
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 15:15   #20
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

24×257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
A job for textprocessing awk after this is finished or FIND-REPLACE with a good text editor.
Hence, the "But, this is great as it is!" Yes, indeed the "n" is arbitrary, but n seems to signify the number at forefront in statements and equations, while the lines in sequences are referred to as (l)ines, (i)terations, (i)ndices, etc. That was my thought for "i."

On to something else: I have noticed a new button on the status page to show a list of certificate contributors. Neat! However, now I have another page to check from time to time. I've certainly supplied a lot more under my name than I realized, though.

Thanks, Syd.
Old 2012-01-29, 18:18   #21
Syd

Sep 2008
Krefeld, Germany

2·5·23 Posts

Maybe i would have been a better choice. But now its n ..

There is still a problem with huge numbers >60k digits. Some of them take forever to load.

I tracked it down to the call to mpz_perfect_power_p i use on each number - which takes very long. Must be an issue with my gmp installation.
Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 18:51   #22
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

26·131 Posts

Quote:
Maybe i would have been a better choice. But now its n ..

There is still a problem with huge numbers >60k digits. Some of them take forever to load.

I tracked it down to the call to mpz_perfect_power_p i use on each number - which takes very long. Must be an issue with my gmp installation.
yeah I looked at it a few times timing one minute in between refreshing and I got about 8-9 more hours to reach a 1000000. that was a within the last few hours.