Old 2010-03-25, 14:31   #23
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

23·13·97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
Right click on do.bat > Edit, or
Open Notepad, browse to do.bat's location, set Files of type: All Files, open do.bat.

Not too hard.
I guess I'm that novice I'm talking about.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 18:25   #24
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

22·691 Posts

I've updated the WIN-DOS script with that latest improvement:

To change the parameter "OutputIterations" for cLLR (# of iterations between outputs) only break the script by pressing CTRL-C, edit the option on top of 'do.bat' and start again (after updating with this new script, of course!).

Default value is 10000. If this value is different from the default, it's written to 'llr.ini' everytime a new set of pairs will processed.
If 'llr.ini' exist (when batch stopped while cLLR was testing) the value is updated, so cLLR will immediatly take this new value!

I've also updated the file in the link in the first post (only WIN-version).
The same script is attached here (rename it to 'do.bat').

Karsten

Note on 2010-03-30: With the new version the attachment is obsolete and was deleted here! Please refer to the link in post #1! (kar_bon)

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2010-03-30 at 12:41
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 22:45   #25
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

100111011010002 Posts

Thanks Karsten. Very cool.
Old 2010-03-27, 00:44   #26
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

ACC16 Posts

Any responses from the work with this new script?

Except for the issue I found (when cancelling, found prime was not written in local primes.txt) and
the two additions (OutputIterations and DiskWriteTime for cLLR) there seems no real bug in the script so far.

Are there any suggestions to make it even better?
Old 2010-03-27, 08:42   #27
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

276816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
Any responses from the work with this new script?

Except for the issue I found (when cancelling, found prime was not written in local primes.txt) and
the two additions (OutputIterations and DiskWriteTime for cLLR) there seems no real bug in the script so far.

Are there any suggestions to make it even better?
I think that first para. in the README documentation needs to be tweaked to look like the Linux README where the word "code" appears 3 times.

After changing that, I might suggest updating whatever is applicable to show the changes made since the public release and now call it version 0.71.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is to remove all of the commented-out code in the various .lua files so that it doesn't appear so "hackish". I don't really see anything else that needs to be improved at this point.

I think I may have found a small bug in the Linux script that only occurs in rare situations. I'll check more into the details of it and report back later this weekend.

Gary

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2010-03-27 at 09:20 Reason: Version 7.1 -> 0.71
Old 2010-03-27, 11:04   #28
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

ACC16 Posts

I've uploded the new V0.71!

NOTE: I've changed the link in the first post here (without Version-number in file-name).

This Version contains:
- Changed handling of option 'OutputIterations'
- History in the ReadMe.txt
- Changed the first paragraph wordings

I will tidy up the lua-files the next weeks, with changes made against the original version from Vincent Penné.

If nobody got any enhancements, i got one:

For now the server only saves the time a pair was done by 'counting' the seconds the server sent the pair to client and received the result. So if i set my WUCacheSize to 50 and those 50 pairs take almost a day, the server will save them with timings of about 86000 seconds although cLLR only needed 1000!
To support this, the server- and client-side has to be changed and the server has to handle 'old' clients, too, which don't send the timings.

This should be the next change in a Version 0.8.
Old 2010-03-27, 11:51   #29
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT)

10110000011112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
the server has to handle 'old' clients, too, which don't send the timings.
It might help some people if the new client worked with the old servers as well.
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 20:34   #30
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

22·691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryzz View Post
It might help some people if the new client worked with the old servers as well.
The new client or script as it is now (V0.70 or V0.71) works with the 'old' server!
NPLB is running those servers without changing, only the client-side was edited!
And I'm running the new script in the first version I wrote weeks ago!

For the mentioned enhancement with those timings, as i said, both server and client has to be changed.
So why should someone use a new client with such support but the server (old one) will ignore this to functioning correctly?
And if such thing should work (new client with timings and old server), the server must be changed to not support the new client! So it would be new/changed!
Old 2010-03-28, 22:19   #31
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17×251 Posts

I'm getting this a lot of the time when I try to run the LLRnet script: (it also will do it after it's ran properly for some time, but does it most of the time)
(this is with do.pl on Windows)
Code:
+----------------------------------------+
| LLRnet client v0.9b7 with LLR v3.8.0   |
| M.Dettweiler, 2010-02-20, version 0.7  |
+----------------------------------------+

Error: could not find lresults.txt.
(this appears instantly; if cLLR was called at all, it must've exited immediately)
I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but I'm guessing that LLR is not getting called correctly (and/or is rejecting the input it's getting), and exiting immediately without showing anything I can see (and then, of course, the script sees that no lresults.txt exists, because LLR didn't run correctly, and exits with the above message).
I haven't looked into why this is happening much yet, but I'm attaching all the non-exe files from the folder, so hopefully one of the script's writers can reproduce, troubleshoot, and fix this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip files.zip (24.7 KB, 69 views)

Last fiddled with by Mini-Geek on 2010-03-28 at 22:22
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 03:52   #32
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

235508 Posts

Unfortunately we did little testing of the do.pl client/script in Windows. It works great in Linux.

Guys, we should probably remove the possibility of people running the do.pl client/script in Windows. Carlos had a problem with it too. In the future, we should not be releasing something unless it has been fully tested in the architecure for which it is intended.

Sorry about that Tim. For now, I suggest downloading Karsten's Windows DOS client. I can confirm firsthand that it's working great in Windows because I have part of an i7 running it right now on port 6000. I can also confirm that the do.pl client/script works great in Linux.

Edit: Karsten, I updated the 1st post here to remove the do.pl client/script for Windows.

Gary

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2010-03-29 at 10:42 Reason: edit
Old 2010-03-29, 14:11   #33
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Unfortunately we did little testing of the do.pl client/script in Windows. It works great in Linux.

Guys, we should probably remove the possibility of people running the do.pl client/script in Windows. Carlos had a problem with it too. In the future, we should not be releasing something unless it has been fully tested in the architecure for which it is intended.

Sorry about that Tim. For now, I suggest downloading Karsten's Windows DOS client. I can confirm firsthand that it's working great in Windows because I have part of an i7 running it right now on port 6000. I can also confirm that the do.pl client/script works great in Linux.

Edit: Karsten, I updated the 1st post here to remove the do.pl client/script for Windows.

Gary
Actually, that might be a tad premature. Tim, I see from your attachment that you don't have cllr.exe in your directory. That's needed for do.pl to work on Windows, and I just confirmed that it is included in the client package; did you accidentally delete it by chance? You might want to try again after putting it back.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote