mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Conjectures 'R Us

Old 2022-09-16, 12:04   #298
pokemonlover123

Mar 2016

5×13 Posts
Default PRPNet server error.

Good morning. I'm trying to get back into contributing to the project, but I'm running into an issue. I've reached the point where I'm adding candidates to the server using prpadmin, but candidategroupstats isn't populating and tests aren't being sent out to my clients.

I'm also getting an error when trying to update server statistics.

I've enabled debug logs and attached the associated messages when trying to update server statistics.

Going through the executed statements manually shows that CandidateGroupStats IS populated. However, it isn't whenever the server shows the error. However, while the errorring statement DOES error when I run it manually, it doesn't clear candidategroupstats. Am I right in assuming this is due to the database transaction for the whole server statistics operation not being committed due to the error?

MySQL Version is 8.0.30
Attached Files
File Type: txt PRPServerSQLError.txt (6.7 KB, 35 views)
pokemonlover123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-16, 12:46   #299
pokemonlover123

Mar 2016

5×13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonlover123 View Post
Good morning. I'm trying to get back into contributing to the project, but I'm running into an issue. I've reached the point where I'm adding candidates to the server using prpadmin, but candidategroupstats isn't populating and tests aren't being sent out to my clients.

I'm also getting an error when trying to update server statistics.

I've enabled debug logs and attached the associated messages when trying to update server statistics.

Going through the executed statements manually shows that CandidateGroupStats IS populated. However, it isn't whenever the server shows the error. However, while the errorring statement DOES error when I run it manually, it doesn't clear candidategroupstats. Am I right in assuming this is due to the database transaction for the whole server statistics operation not being committed due to the error?

MySQL Version is 8.0.30
OK, so I found the problem. Somehow, the SierpinskiRieselPrimeN column of CandidateGroupStats was a varchar instead of an int. I'm not sure how this happened since I created these tables a long time ago, but I ran an ALTER TABLE and fixed that, now the error is gone.
Old 2022-09-16, 15:12   #300
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2×34×43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonlover123 View Post
OK, so I found the problem. Somehow, the SierpinskiRieselPrimeN column of CandidateGroupStats was a varchar instead of an int. I'm not sure how this happened since I created these tables a long time ago, but I ran an ALTER TABLE and fixed that, now the error is gone.
Make sure you use the latest create_table scripts with the latest code. This column was changed in one of the more recent releases. I typically drop the database then recreate then run the .sql file to create the scripts.

Glad to know that others get use from PRPNet.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-16, 15:17   #301
pokemonlover123

Mar 2016

5·13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Make sure you use the latest create_table scripts with the latest code. This column was changed in one of the more recent releases. I typically drop the database then recreate then run the .sql file to create the scripts.

Glad to know that others get use from PRPNet.

Yea - I figured out that I made that mistake.

But now I'm all set up and working on a base :)
Old 2022-09-17, 06:32   #302
gd_barnes

"Gary"
May 2007
Overland Park, KS

1183610 Posts

Welcome back to CRUS, Pokemonlover!

I'm glad you got that figured out. Good luck!
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote