mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet > GPU to 72

Old 2022-03-15, 16:27   #298
LOBES

Mar 2019
USA

8810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
There is an old and wise saying... No good deed goes unpunished.
I hope you didn't take my post as a criticism in any way, quite the opposite. I am greatly appreciative of GPU72 and PrimeNet/GIMPS and really enjoy participating! I keep trying to crack the top #50 overall worker's list, but am stuck at 51. I'll get in there eventually.
LOBES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-15, 19:07   #299
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

1055410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBES View Post
I hope you didn't take my post as a criticism in any way, quite the opposite. I am greatly appreciative of GPU72 and PrimeNet/GIMPS and really enjoy participating! I keep trying to crack the top #50 overall worker's list, but am stuck at 51. I'll get in there eventually.
And I hope you didn't take my post as being critical in any way either. That was just me talking to the Universe...

The point I was /trying/ to make is, in many cases, once one steps forward it is often an ongoing obligation. From just writing some code and then maintaining it (including remembering to renew the certificates in a timely manner...) to adopting a kitten and then keeping it safe...

It's all good (and rewarding). But it does take some effort!

P.S. I happened to come across something on Colab which is kinda cool. I'm putting together a demonstration that I think is going to blow people's minds. Hint: Think entirely self-contained reverse tunnels; no need to reflect off of a public-facing server...
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-15, 19:29   #300
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

17×271 Posts

Quote:
. . .
P.S. I happened to come across something on Colab which is kinda cool. I'm putting together a demonstration that I think is going to blow people's minds. Hint: Think entirely self-contained reverse tunnels; no need to reflect off of a public-facing server...

Sounds very helpful for some of my "how I. . ." threads, of which I actually make use.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-30, 23:34   #301
mrk74

Jan 2020

22×19 Posts

This might be a little useless but thought I'd ask anyway. If there's a to transfer work from Colab to Prime95 how might it be done? Just trying to see if I can maybe get some P-1 work done without all the resetting.
mrk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-01, 00:00   #302
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

2·3·1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk74 View Post
If there's a to transfer work from Colab to Prime95 how might it be done?
Not happening.

No work is ever lost.

But any Colab assignments abandoned (read: older than about seven (7#) days) get finished off by me.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-01, 03:41   #303
mrk74

Jan 2020

22×19 Posts

Quote:
Not happening.

No work is ever lost.

But any Colab assignments abandoned (read: older than about seven (7#) days) get finished off by me.
Thanks for an answer. I don't give up on assignments. I'm just in that range (115M) where P-1 is taking FOREVER to finish. I didn't know if switching it to Prime95 (if that was a thing) would make it go any faster.
mrk74 is offline   Reply With Quote