mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet > GPU to 72

Old 2011-12-20, 12:57   #1
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17×251 Posts
Default DC completion not noticed

I completed the DC for M25012157 and reported it to PrimeNet about 16 hours ago (2011-12-19 18:30Z), but GPU to 72 has yet to move it from my Assignments to Completed. It's still been updating my P-1 completions, however.
Is this to be expected? How often does it check for LL/DC completions?
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 13:54   #2
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

100011110111112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
I completed the DC for M25012157 and reported it to PrimeNet about 16 hours ago (2011-12-19 18:30Z), but GPU to 72 has yet to move it from my Assignments to Completed. It's still been updating my P-1 completions, however.
Is this to be expected? How often does it check for LL/DC completions?
For LL/DC completions, the system needs to know your PrimeNet "Display Name". However, the system is configured to need three "samples" before it will automatically set this itself. As you only had two samples, it didn't trigger.

I have manually set your DisplayName in your Users table, and the system has picked up your completion this hour (and will pick up all future completions).

And to answer your second question, LL/DC completions are scanned for once an hour.
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 16:07   #3
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

10AB16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
For LL/DC completions, the system needs to know your PrimeNet "Display Name". However, the system is configured to need three "samples" before it will automatically set this itself. As you only had two samples, it didn't trigger.

I have manually set your DisplayName in your Users table, and the system has picked up your completion this hour (and will pick up all future completions).

And to answer your second question, LL/DC completions are scanned for once an hour.
Ok, now I understand, but shouldn't it have seen my display name on every NF-PM1 result? I take it the two "samples" are the two DC reservations reassigned to me?
Maybe there should be a way to set your display name so it knows without having to guess, which would also allow people who have only done (or may ever do) 1 or 2 LL/DC assignments to get credit anyway.
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 16:12   #4
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

217378 Posts

Quote:
Ok, now I understand, but shouldn't it have seen my display name on every NF-PM1 result? I take it the two "samples" are the two DC reservations reassigned to me?
Yeah, you're right. That particular part of the system is not particularly "bright".

Quote:
Maybe there should be a way to set your display name so it knows without having to guess, which would also allow people who have only done (or may ever do) 1 or 2 LL/DC assignments to get credit anyway.
That's on my "todo" list. But I also have to make a living....
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote