mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > FactorDB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-07-19, 00:25   #221
pakaran
 
pakaran's Avatar
 
Aug 2002

F916 Posts
Default

I don't know. I'm working fairly long shifts this week, so I'm basically checking my machine's progress once a day. By this weekend we should have a sense of where the right "border" is.
pakaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 12:35   #222
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

3,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakaran View Post
I don't know. I'm working fairly long shifts this week, so I'm basically checking my machine's progress once a day. By this weekend we should have a sense of where the right "border" is.
Tell you what: I'll work above the 2531 for now. If you get anywhere near it, let me know and I'll move back up.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 15:04   #223
pakaran
 
pakaran's Avatar
 
Aug 2002

3×83 Posts
Default

I had done several runs below 2k, and have now started one to include the numbers below the 2531. I'm not concerned; I have non-Primo work I can do, and I'll see how things stand once this run finishes (and specifically how many new numbers appear in the meantime).
pakaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-29, 18:02   #224
pakaran
 
pakaran's Avatar
 
Aug 2002

111110012 Posts
Default

Still keeping up okay. If anyone else wants to work on smaller numbers, please do speak up.
pakaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 01:09   #225
pakaran
 
pakaran's Avatar
 
Aug 2002

3·83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
Tell you what: I'll work above the 2531 for now. If you get anywhere near it, let me know and I'll move back up.
You now have three numbers in the 2900s, and I think it's been the same ones since last weekend. They should take somewhat over a 1 GHz core-day collectively (e.g. far less on half or all of a recent desktop)

If you don't want to get those, let me know and I will if/when I finish, which may be awhile.
pakaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 12:51   #226
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

3,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakaran View Post
You now have three numbers in the 2900s, and I think it's been the same ones since last weekend. They should take somewhat over a 1 GHz core-day collectively (e.g. far less on half or all of a recent desktop)

If you don't want to get those, let me know and I will if/when I finish, which may be awhile.
Those and the 3609 are currently being run. They should be done by tonight. I'm not currently able to get into the db to check the list, but IIRC, everything else is >=3766 dd. If you want something up there, take those and if I work on anything up there, I'll run the 3767s.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-07, 15:34   #227
chris2be8
 
chris2be8's Avatar
 
Sep 2009

7FB16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakaran View Post
Still keeping up okay. If anyone else wants to work on smaller numbers, please do speak up.
I'm clearing out the (base^n-1)/base-1 PRPs.

Chris
chris2be8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-09, 00:42   #228
pakaran
 
pakaran's Avatar
 
Aug 2002

F916 Posts
Default

I'm taking the 13 numbers of 3767 dd in addition to previous. Will do a big run of everything, then go back for any numbers below 2500 that show up.
pakaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 18:48   #229
pakaran
 
pakaran's Avatar
 
Aug 2002

3×83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakaran View Post
I'm taking the 13 numbers of 3767 dd in addition to previous. Will do a big run of everything, then go back for any numbers below 2500 that show up.
I'm taking 3768 and leaving 3767, sorry.
pakaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 14:56   #230
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

3,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakaran View Post
I'm taking 3768 and leaving 3767, sorry.
I'm not exactly sure what's happening below this area, but over 50k, 306 dd PRPs have appeared. If they are still there later, I'm going to wade in...
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 17:32   #231
pakaran
 
pakaran's Avatar
 
Aug 2002

24910 Posts
Default

I've been trying to run those; I'm not actively running anything over 3k digits.

I can't think of a good way to split up work in a single digit range, so it would likely be best if only one person did those. I'm willing to do them, but they take 1-2 seconds each, and the 4095-file Primo limit makes it impractical to work on when not actively at the computer (at best, I can add a few dozen larger numbers to keep the machine busy until I return).

I'm willing to do 306 digits, or everything over 306, whichever of those works for you.

I'm anticipating a week or more to catch up on the 306s, putting some time into larger numbers between sets, if I do them, fwiw.
pakaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fixup Old Primo Certificate? wblipp FactorDB 1 2012-05-28 03:16
Invalid certificate? IvanP FactorDB 3 2012-05-11 12:17
Could Moore's law be purposely used for marketing purposes? jasong Science & Technology 10 2007-01-19 19:04
certificate of appreciation Unregistered Information & Answers 13 2004-04-28 06:24

All times are UTC. The time now is 20:47.

Sat May 15 20:47:43 UTC 2021 up 37 days, 15:28, 0 users, load averages: 2.14, 2.27, 2.16

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.