Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Conjectures 'R Us

Old 2008-02-17, 12:00   #12
tnerual

Oct 2006

25910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by em99010pepe View Post
tnerual,

The Riesel server is getting a bunch of rejected pairs from you.

Carlos
not at home at the moment ... do i have "good results" ?

i will look at this tonight ...
tnerual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 13:34   #13
em99010pepe

Sep 2004

2·5·283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnerual View Post
not at home at the moment ... do i have "good results" ?

i will look at this tonight ...
All are good results but the server sends them again to be tested.

Quote:
Rejected is any k/n pair that comes back that is not either in the jobs.txt or jobs table (file vs mysql setup), whether it's too late, the server received the result, but the client did not receive the acknowledgment, the client never had the k/n pair (someone put it in, basically), or any number of reasons. Basically, the server didn't think that user should have had the k/n pair they returned.
em99010pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 14:24   #14
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts

Quote:
your trick is not working
i'm sure that clicking on llrnet don't give anything (1% processor usage)

the only way to start it is open a terminal then ./llrnet but i have the console windows ...

i want it to start automagically at startup and running in hidden mode ... (i'm the legal owner of the computer, but it's my mother's computer so she is ok for llrnet but only if she don't have anything anoying)
Hmm...drats. I was hoping it would work.

If you were using regular Ubuntu rather than Kubuntu, I would suggest you use the "Sessions" tool to define LLRnet as a startup program--but I think that's only a GNOME feature and as such you wouldn't have it in Kubuntu (or any other KDE distro, for that matter).

There's one other way, I think, which requires doing something with the init.d scripts that manage the startup of the system--I'll have to read up on it before I can post instructions here.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 15:48   #15
tnerual

Oct 2006

7×37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Hmm...drats. I was hoping it would work.

If you were using regular Ubuntu rather than Kubuntu, I would suggest you use the "Sessions" tool to define LLRnet as a startup program--but I think that's only a GNOME feature and as such you wouldn't have it in Kubuntu (or any other KDE distro, for that matter).

There's one other way, I think, which requires doing something with the init.d scripts that manage the startup of the system--I'll have to read up on it before I can post instructions here.
it work ... but i don't know what i've done ...

i tried a lot of stuf and finally it worked ... with your "way to do" ...
Old 2008-02-17, 18:45   #16
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
it work ... but i don't know what i've done ...

i tried a lot of stuf and finally it worked ... with your "way to do" ...
Okay, great! Glad to hear it's working.
Old 2008-02-17, 22:18   #17
tnerual

Oct 2006

1000000112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Okay, great! Glad to hear it's working.
here is the how to do for kubuntu ... (maybe it will not work but for me it worked)

-Make a text file in your LLRnet folder called "start-llrnet.sh" that contains the following data:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

./llrnet
Save the file and close your text editor. Open up a command window, navigate to your LLRnet folder, and type the command "sudo chmod +x start-llrnet.sh". (enter your root password)
-Type the command "sudo crontab -e". (Make sure you run that command as whatever user you'd like to run LLRnet as.)
-You'll find yourself in a command-line text editor, probably nano. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the bottom of the file, and enter the following:
Code:

@reboot sh /home/yourname/Desktop/LLRNETfolder/start-llrnet.sh
(my llrnet is on my desktop)
-Press Ctrl-X. Press the Y key, then press Enter. You will then be returned to the command prompt.
-You're all set! Repeat for each instance of LLRnet you want to run at bootup.

difference is :
sh ==> bash
sudo before commands
Old 2008-02-17, 23:15   #18
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
here is the how to do for kubuntu ... (maybe it will not work but for me it worked)

-Make a text file in your LLRnet folder called "start-llrnet.sh" that contains the following data:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

./llrnet
Save the file and close your text editor. Open up a command window, navigate to your LLRnet folder, and type the command "sudo chmod +x start-llrnet.sh". (enter your root password)
-Type the command "sudo crontab -e". (Make sure you run that command as whatever user you'd like to run LLRnet as.)
-You'll find yourself in a command-line text editor, probably nano. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the bottom of the file, and enter the following:
Code:

@reboot sh /home/yourname/Desktop/LLRNETfolder/start-llrnet.sh
(my llrnet is on my desktop)
-Press Ctrl-X. Press the Y key, then press Enter. You will then be returned to the command prompt.
-You're all set! Repeat for each instance of LLRnet you want to run at bootup.

difference is :
sh ==> bash
sudo before commands
As for the sudo thing: Aha, I see now. I should have figured that in order to have something start at bootup, you'd need to put it in root's crontab.

As for sh vs. bash--hmm, I'm surprised you needed to change that. Usually either works fine (as just about every Linux system has sh installed, and almost as many have bash too), but hey, if it works, it works.
Old 2008-03-04, 00:06   #19
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Hi all,

Both the Riesel and Sierpinski severs have been run dry and shut down. They were becoming too much for Carlos to run, especially with two NPLB LLRnet servers running on the same machine. In the future, we hope to have one or more Conjectures 'R Us servers running once again; I'll keep everyone posted on it.

Anon

P.S.: I've unstickied this thread, and I'll make a note about all this in the first post of the thread. It will be re-stickied when we get a new server.