mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Soap Box

Old 2007-04-27, 03:35   #1
Jwb52z

Sep 2002

2·5·79 Posts
Default I am so mad that I could scream

Why in Hell would a person really remember an agreement from years and years ago not to talk to someone in any fashion? Why would that be so important that someone couldn't forget it? There's a guy on another board that got so upset with me about my opinions that he started using things about my life, that I had innocently mentioned not having any idea someone would use my own LIFE against me, against me to "buttress", his word, his arguments against my opinions. Anyway, I have forgotten enough times now that he says he will use anything I ever said online that he can find now when he "feels" he needs to to "buttress" is arguments against me. How can someone honestly be this way? He called me immature and a bunch of other insults simply because he thinks I should "stick to what I agreed to" when I've never heard of anyone in recent history, especially online, making an agreement that meant anything more than "leave me the fuck alone if you can't be polite" which is what I meant in agreeing to it. I was being polite the handful of times that I "broke" this stupid agreement. Now the guy will probably find this post and gripe about it, but I'm tired of him holding me to a standard I find stupid when I simply wanted him to leave me alone or just be polite. Does anyone have any thoughts about it?
Jwb52z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 07:43   #2
xilman
Bamboozled!

"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

2·72·109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwb52z View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts about it?
Yes. Cultivate a stoical attitude.

Sounds very much like he was trying to wind you up and it sounds very much like he succeeded.

Of course, if you don't mind him succeeding in his aim ...

Paul
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 11:11   #3
davieddy

"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

2×3×13×83 Posts

If you are thin-skinned and have come here
for sympathy, I suspect you have chosen the wrong place
davieddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 16:32   #4
mfgoode
Bronze Medalist

Jan 2004
Mumbai,India

22·33·19 Posts
Lightbulb Paranoia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwb52z
Does anyone have any thoughts about it?
Just ignore him and dont reply. He cannot harm you unless he is living in the same neighbourhood so no need to worry. He is not aiming at physical harm but playing on your mind and so change your attitude towards him.

If you cant control your thoughts it might turn into self persecution and this is bad for you.

Mally
mfgoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 01:08   #5
jasong

"Jason Goatcher"
Mar 2005

3×7×167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfgoode View Post
If you cant control your thoughts it might turn into self persecution and this is bad for you.

Mally
Off-topic: If I persecute myself, does that make me a bad person, 'cause I learned in church it's bad to persecute people. Although, this rule doesnt seem to apply to homosexuals judging from the thrust of many of the sermons of the person who taught me it's wrong to persecute people.
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 07:25   #6
S485122

Sep 2006
Brussels, Belgium

110100001102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
Although, this rule doesnt seem to apply to homosexuals judging from the thrust of many of the sermons of the person who taught me it's wrong to persecute people.
That is the problem of a lot of religious leaders and more generally of people : "do as I say, not as I do".
S485122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 10:20   #7
davieddy

"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

647410 Posts

Quote:

Mally
Have you considered self flagellation Mally?

David

Last fiddled with by davieddy on 2007-04-28 at 10:21 Reason: Another one-liner which might go over his head:)
davieddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 16:44   #8
mfgoode
Bronze Medalist

Jan 2004
Mumbai,India

22·33·19 Posts
Cool One liner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davieddy View Post
Have you considered self flagellation Mally?

David

That would be sadism or masochism depending if you are a transvestite or not

No, I flog the turkey!

Mally
Old 2007-04-29, 18:33   #9
Jwb52z

Sep 2002

2×5×79 Posts

Quote:

That would be sadism or masochism depending if you are a transvestite or not

No, I flog the turkey!

Mally
What in the world does the choice between Sadism or Masochism have to do with being a transvestite?
Jwb52z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 03:14   #10
mfgoode
Bronze Medalist

Jan 2004
Mumbai,India

40048 Posts
Thumbs up Passive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwb52z View Post
What in the world does the choice between Sadism or Masochism have to do with being a transvestite?

Well transvestites are generally passive as opposed to sadists and therefore they most probably will be masochists.

Take a trip to the Eros centres in Frankfurt or Dam Square in Amsterdam or Soho in London or 42nd street in New York not to forget Sydney and Singapore or Tokyo or Bangkok, for that matter, and you will see for yourself.
And I'm leaving the African continent and Russia well alone.

But dont try to rough them (T's). You will be surprised as they can not only take one but can also in turn give a bashing up.

Mally

Last fiddled with by mfgoode on 2007-04-30 at 03:15
Old 2007-04-30, 11:04   #11
Xyzzy

"Mike"
Aug 2002

2·3·1,361 Posts

Your intimate knowledge of transvestite behavioral habits and their known locations is incredibly detailed.

Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote