Old 2022-08-22, 23:30   #67
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dartmouth NS

2×3×23×61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
Please support your argument with evidence.

The Calculus is *far* more complicated than that.

Why have you now interjected yourself into this conversation? With zero knowledge. Is it white noise, or pink?

Serious question.
https://www.270towin.com/ add all but the top 12 for one party. Seriously not that hard.
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-22, 23:33   #68
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

2×5,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by science_man_88 View Post
Seriously not that hard.
Thanks for the edification Science Man.

I will try to do better to keep up with your amazing experience.

I still think you are dumber than bricks.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-22, 23:38   #69
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dartmouth NS

203428 Posts

Quote:

I still think you are dumber than bricks.
feeling is mutual
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-22, 23:40   #70
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

1086210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by science_man_88 View Post
feeling is mutual
But I'm constantly here. And you are a new return.

A sleeper...
Old 2022-08-22, 23:42   #71
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101ร—103 Posts

2A3016 Posts

Go to your corner boys. Take a breather.
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-22, 23:44   #72
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

2·5,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
Go to your corner boys. Take a breather.
Copy. Wilco.
Old 2022-11-10, 23:33   #73
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

2·5,431 Posts
Default Guidance welcomed...

So... The most trusted democracy in the world is currently in a bit of a state of uncertainty.

This becomes problematic when money is fiat based on the stability of the guarantors.

It's a funny old world...
Old 2022-11-11, 02:38   #74
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

19F016 Posts

Quote:
The most trusted democracy in the world ...
Which democracy is that? Are you seriously suggesting it is the USA?
retina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 07:04   #75
xilman
Bamboozled!

"๐’‰บ๐’ŒŒ๐’‡ท๐’†ท๐’€ญ"
May 2003
Down not across

3×17×227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post
Which democracy is that? Are you seriously suggesting it is the USA?
Time you had your irony detector serviced again. It appears to be playing up.

Last fiddled with by xilman on 2022-11-11 at 07:06 Reason: Fix typ
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 16:47   #76
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

32·677 Posts

Quote:
So... The most trusted democracy in the world is currently in a bit of a state of uncertainty.

This becomes problematic when money is fiat based on the stability of the guarantors.

It's a funny old world...
I thought you had the luxury of viewing US politics as a bemused outside observer.

I'm not sure what your specific concerns are regarding money. I know that the R-leadership of the US House of Representatives has been talking about playing "chicken" with the debt ceiling. Failure to raise the debt ceiling could result in a US debt default of some sort, and that would likely not be good for the value of the US dollar.

Our political system is in the express lane of the highway to hell. It died in the 2016 election. The 2022 election looks to be the second death.

The situation has me grieving today, November 11, which is Veteran's Day here in the good ol' USA.

Veteran's Day always reminds me of my "mystery scar." I have a good-sized scar on the inside of my right ankle. I can truthfully say that I have no recollection of the injury that produced it. It has been there as long as I can remember. When I was very young it was just a white mark to me. I had no idea what scars were. I have so far resisted the temptation to show it as "proof" I was abducted by aliens.

Here is the way I learned what it was. When I was old enough - about 6 years old - my parents started taking my sisters and me to Family Swim at the YMCA.

We were changing in the locker room. My father took off his shirt. And there, on the front of his right shoulder, was a white circular area. On the back of his shoulder, there was a large area of white, with a bunch of smaller white marks around it. Of course, I asked him about all those white marks. They were battle scars from WWII. I learned later it was a gunshot wound he suffered in battle in France in 1944 as an infantryman. The wound was serious enough to get him shipped back home. Scars, my father explained, were the result of injuries.

And so it came to pass, that not long after learning what scars were, I happened to be looking at the white mark on my ankle. Maybe I was putting on my socks, but I don't remember. And I realized that this mark was a scar! But I couldn't remember any injury that could have caused it. So I asked my parents, and they told me about it. The reason I didn't remember it was, I was simply too young.

So I learned that my "mystery scar" was a scar because my father was a veteran wounded in battle in France during WWII.

I was privileged to grow up in the country his service helped make possible. Long-oppressed US citizens stood up and demanded to be counted, demanded to be treated as equal under the law. Congress enacted legislation to enforce rights enumerated in the Constitution, which had been disregarded into a nullity for a century.

Legislation that has been, and continues to be dismantled by an increasingly authoritarian Supreme Court.

A major political party has degenerated into a thuggish personality cult and embraced lies.

I am glad my father did not live to see what has become of the country he fought and bled for. It would surely have driven him to despair.

I miss you, Dad. And I am sorry I don't have better news to report on the day meant to honor you, and all those who served.
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 20:09   #77
RMLabrador

"Chereztynnoguzakidai"
Oct 2022
Ukraine, near Kyiv.

29 Posts

time to tell the story. my grandpa doesn't look as superhero - may be 165 cm tall or so. but him be so subtle in 1943 to survive the 2 pontone clash (20 cm at the best) near Kyiv in f@ing november of 1943
the water was cold...
him say to me, that he is one of 1000 that survive this day
and he have a Order of the Red Banner... and 2 more the highest awards of the USSR,
the box of them have a formidable weight when i was a kid
He is a unknow hero of the World War II...
I remember him till now, he is tungsten man in my life...
I'm compare him to some Tr@mp, and I'm feel nothing, this is decoration man...
RMLabrador is offline   Reply With Quote