mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Fun Stuff > Lounge

Old 2004-01-25, 02:58   #1
Xyzzy

"Mike"
Aug 2002

166078 Posts
Default Fun diversion - orkut.com

It is a network of friends and their friends... If anyone wants to be invited just PM me your full name and email address...

http://www.orkut.com/

Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 14:59   #2
ET_
Banned

"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

3·5·317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
It is a network of friends and their friends... If anyone wants to be invited just PM me your full name and email address...

http://www.orkut.com/

Are there people from Italy?

Luigi
ET_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 15:00   #3
Xyzzy

"Mike"
Aug 2002

755910 Posts

It is run by Google... There are people from all over the place there...
Old 2004-01-25, 23:05   #4
adpowers

Sep 2002

8010 Posts
Unhappy

Xyzzy invited me and I invited some people. This was last night and it seemed like it could be interesting. However, this morning when I tried to sign on, I couldn't. I haven't been able to sign on all morning. I hope I was banned or something (shouldn't have joined that Goatse group).

I started a few communities myself, people joined it really quickly. The website is growing fast.
adpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 03:36   #5
Xyzzy

"Mike"
Aug 2002

7,559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpowers
However, this morning when I tried to sign on, I couldn't. I haven't been able to sign on all morning. I hope I was banned or something (shouldn't have joined that Goatse group).
This was posted on their website:
Quote:
We've taken orkut.com offline as we implement some improvements and upgrades suggested by users. Since orkut is in the very early stages of development, it's likely to be up and down quite a bit during the coming months. None of the information you've entered will be deleted, and none of the connections you've made will be lost. And, if all goes well, you should see some significant improvements when we come back online.

We'll send an email once everything is ready and running again. Thanks for your feedback and for bearing with us as we work our way up the learning curve.

The orkut team
Old 2004-01-26, 05:44   #6
adpowers

Sep 2002

5016 Posts

Yeah, thanks. I got back on my computer a while ago and saw that on slashdot. I'm glad it isn't just me.
adpowers is offline   Reply With Quote