mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Old 2008-10-18, 09:11   #12
em99010pepe

Sep 2004

2×5×283 Posts

Here's another simple way to install llrnet on 2, 4 and 8 cores machine.
The default server is on port 5000. To change the port just edit llr-clientconfig.txt for all cores and look for the server location. Another thing you need to edit is your nickname, please look for the line username = "TeamName_nickname".
Extract the zip, for 2 and 4, versions and unrar for the 8 version. To run the client you just need to run llrnet.exe respectively for each core.

Links to download: (kar_bon: links unavailable)

<http://em99010pepe.googlepages.com/llrnet_2_NPLB_win.zip> (Core duo windows)
<http://em99010pepe.googlepages.com/llrnet_4_NPLB_win.zip> (Quad-core windows)
<http://em99010pepe.googlepages.com/llrnet_8_NPLB_win.part1.rar> (Octo part 1 windows)
<http://em99010pepe.googlepages.com/llrnet_8_NPLB_win.part2.rar> (Octo part 2 windows)

All clients will run in the system tray. If you right click on the icon and if you choose "New GUI Window" you will get remotely control of all cores and see their progress.

Carlos

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2011-11-04 at 21:47 Reason: links not available anymore
em99010pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 00:21   #13
Wabbit98

Sep 2008

11 Posts

I downloaded the automatic client and now it seems to be doing nothing but sleeping, it seems the port is set at 300 or should it be 100?

Or do I need to change things in the serverconfig file besides the client config file?

Ni

Last fiddled with by Wabbit98 on 2008-11-11 at 00:23
Wabbit98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 00:30   #14
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit98 View Post
I downloaded the automatic client and now it seems to be doing nothing but sleeping, it seems the port is set at 300 or should it be 100?

Or do I need to change things in the serverconfig file besides the client config file?

Ni
Oh, whoops! Sorry about that--those are our old servers' settings. You can browse our list of available servers here--simply enter the server and port information listed there for your chosen server.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 00:43   #15
Wabbit98

Sep 2008

11 Posts

Thanks seems to be working now.

Ni
Old 2008-11-11, 02:06   #16
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

624910 Posts

Quote:
Thanks seems to be working now.

Ni
Okay, great! Oh, and I believe I forgot to say this before--welcome to NPLB!
Old 2008-11-11, 04:05   #17
Wabbit98

Sep 2008

11 Posts

How long will it be before I appear in the stats? I have already returned some work that is not prime.

Ni
Old 2008-11-11, 04:10   #18
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts

Quote:
How long will it be before I appear in the stats? I have already returned some work that is not prime.

Ni
You should appear in the stats after the next daily stats update happens. I'm not sure exactly what time of day the stats update is performed; I know David (a.k.a. IronBits) exports the data from his LLRnet servers at 7 AM Arizona time (GMT-7), but I'm not sure exactly when the stats server pulls it in and integrates it into the database.

At any rate, you should definitely show up in the stats sometime within the next 24 hours, probably less; if I had to take a guess I'd say somewhere between 10-12 hours.

Edit: Oh, I just realized, the stats link in the posts earlier in this thread was outdated. Our new stats site is at http://stats.ironbits.net. I've fixed the link in the FAQ list above.

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2008-11-11 at 04:12
Old 2008-11-11, 04:11   #19
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

3·7·53 Posts

If you were working on server and port IB400, then you could watch this page
http://nplb.ironbits.net
IronBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 23:52   #20
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

141518 Posts

Note to all: I've added a link to this thread in the "Come join us!" thread, and unstickied this one, to cut down on the large number of stickies that we have in this forum (which causes some new posts to be pushed off the first page of listings for users having screens with resolutions ~<= 1280x1024).
Old 2009-05-24, 23:40   #21
Svenie25

Aug 2008
Good old Germany

3·47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by em99010pepe View Post
The LLRnet server files can be downloaded from here:

windows version
http://stats.rieselsieve.com/downloa...et-windows.zip
linux version
http://stats.rieselsieve.com/download/llrnet.linux.tgz

The first thing to do is to change settings on llr-serverconfig.txt file, see bold text.

serverName - IP address of your machine

port = 100 - port, don't forget to open it on your firewall settings, UDP and TCP ports, open everything

maxConnections = 30 - max connections the server can handle simultaneously

jobMaxTime = 4 * 24 * 3600 -- 4 days - wu's will expire in x seconds

prunePeriod = 0.5 * 24 * 3600 -- 1/2 days - prunes the knpairs and the joblist txt files each X seconds

--displayFormat = "%s*2^%s+1" -- use this for PRP type test - for Proth numbers
displayFormat = "%s*2^%s-1" -- use this for LLR type test (default) - For Riesel numbers

serviceName = "NPLB_LLRserver" - if you run more than one server you should name them different

Below you'll find my llr-serverconfig.txt file content:

Next step is to create the knpairs.txt file. This one is the main file of the server and it's equivalent to an input file for manual LLRing (where you have the candidates to test). I usually download the file from the reservation thread. For the first time you just need to rename it to knpairs.txt and move to the server folder. If you are already running the server you always need to stop the server if you want to update the knpairs.txt file, this is very important. Stop the server, open knpairs.txt with notepad and add the work at the end of the content of knpairs.txt.
After everything is set up you can run the server by clicking on llrserver.exe file. The client runs on system tray, you have a console if you want to check the behave of the client. Its output is something like this:

You can easily check the pair proposed and to whom.

The results received by all clients will be written in a file called results.txt with the following format (base 2):

You can always move results.txt file from the server folder that the server will always create one, never do this for knpairs.txt.

Doubts? I know my English is poor...

Carlos
Thanks a lot for the guide. But I have a little problem with my own server. I set it all up, copied a sieved file into the folder, named it knpairs.txt and started the llrserver.
Now the file joblist.txt is written, but it is nearly empty. All it contains is: "jobList = {
}"
Shouldn´t there be the pairs, what to do next? Can I do something on this behavior or is this all correct?
Svenie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 23:54   #22
Lennart

"Lennart"
Jun 2007

25·5·7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenie25 View Post
Thanks a lot for the guide. But I have a little problem with my own server. I set it all up, copied a sieved file into the folder, named it knpairs.txt and started the llrserver.
Now the file joblist.txt is written, but it is nearly empty. All it contains is: "jobList = {
}"
Shouldn´t there be the pairs, what to do next? Can I do something on this behavior or is this all correct?
If you start a client and run it on the server you will get entry in joblist.

/Lennart
Lennart is offline   Reply With Quote