mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Old 2008-06-27, 03:26   #45
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

3×7×53 Posts

Drop the index.html - it is the default web page now.
If I were to change it to index.php, the link would not work because you're hard linking the start page.

To always be correct and safe, just use:

http://llrnet.no-ip.info
http://crus.ironbits.net
http://nplb.ironbits.net

Last fiddled with by IronBits on 2008-06-27 at 03:29
IronBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 04:55   #46
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

186916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBits View Post
Drop the index.html - it is the default web page now.
If I were to change it to index.php, the link would not work because you're hard linking the start page.

To always be correct and safe, just use:

http://llrnet.no-ip.info
http://crus.ironbits.net
http://nplb.ironbits.net

Okay, I changed the links.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 00:45   #47
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

22×7×359 Posts

Ironbits,

A couple of things:

First, thanks for adding the primes found by yours servers to your web pages. One small issue there: There is no carrot (exponentiation symbol) in the primes. It looks like 545*2456789-1 instead of 545*2^456789-1.

Second, there appears to be a problem with the way k/n pairs are returned to the server if they haven't been processed within the alloted time frame. There appear to be k/n pairs remaining in port 400 for the n=458K-463K range yet port 400 is now handing out pairs for n>500K.

What we need is for the k/n pairs that are returned to go to the top of the k/n pair queue for distribution. Alternatively, the queue needs to have a continuous automatic sort by n-value primary and k-value secondary. I believe Adam's port 300 does by utilizing and SQL database or something like that. I'm not asking you to create some new database or anything. I'm just wondering if there is a workaround on this issue.

Right now, it looks like we'd have to process the entire n=500.7K-505K range (a very large amount of processing) before we would get to the missing k/n pairs for n=458K-463K.

As a temporary fix here, since port 400 currently and will likely have no activity for a while right now, can you pull the file out of it, sort it by n-value ascending primary and k-value ascending secondary and then reload it. I'll then put a core on it to process the missing k/n pairs for n=458K-463K so that we can get those results processed and the range closed.

Thanks a bunch.

Gary
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 00:57   #48
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

3·7·53 Posts

Crap, the ^ is being stripped, I'll get er fixed up by tomorrow but will begin fixing it soon.
I haven't a clue about the rest.
I stop the server
cat newpairs.txt >> knpairs.txt
start the server
I thought the sorting was controlled in one of the .lua files?
It's odd that it's the only one... hopefully something hasn't gone stupid.
would just a plain old sort, looking at column one work?
Otherwise, I'll have to take it down and email it to you...

Last fiddled with by IronBits on 2008-06-29 at 00:59
Old 2008-06-29, 01:03   #49
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

1005210 Posts

Quote:
Crap, the ^ is being stripped, I'll get er fixed up by tomorrow but will begin fixing it soon.
I stop the server
start the server
OH!! My apologies. I had stopped processing port 400 2-3 days ago and it was handing out n=500K+ pairs then, which is why I switched everything over to port 300 and later on port 8500 after I realized it had the lowest n-range left. I now just started a slow core on port 400 and wha-la, it handed out 489*2^462363-1.

The only thing I can figure is that the pairs got returned since the time-frame in which I stopped processing the server. I'll put a high-speed core on it and see if there are many pairs left for n<463K. If so, I'll switch all 5 high-speed cores back from port 8500 to port 400. Weeee....around-and-around I go! lol

Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2008-06-29 at 01:06
Old 2008-06-29, 01:09   #50
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

22·7·359 Posts

Quote:
I stop the server
start the server

Responding to your edited part...

No, just a plain old alphanumeric left-to-right sort wouldn't work. That would sort by k-value and then n-value, which is the opposite of what we'd want. Also, k=1001 would sort ahead of all of the other k-values, which while technically incorrect, would only be a minor problem. The n-value in the 2nd column is the important thing.

But, reference my last post, we may not have a problem. If we do, I'll let you know and you can Email the file to me and I'll get it sorted by the 2nd column (n-value) followed by the 1st column (k-value).

Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2008-06-29 at 01:10
Old 2008-06-29, 02:11   #51
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

3×7×53 Posts

Whew!
Be still my fast beating heart...

Fixed the primes so they show that ^ character where it belongs.

Now to fix the daily runs so when more are added to the primes list so they will look right to.

Last fiddled with by IronBits on 2008-06-29 at 02:13
Old 2008-06-29, 02:21   #52
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

22·7·359 Posts

Quote:
Whew!
Be still my fast beating heart...

Fixed the primes so they show that ^ character where it belongs.

Now to fix the daily runs so when more are added to the primes list so they will look right to.
LMAO; cool!

And on the other note, there was no sorting problem. There appear to be LOTS of n=462.3-.4-.5-.6K k/n pairs in port 400. I wonder where they all came from in the last 2-3 days after I stopped processing pairs from that server? They weren't from me. All of mine are always cleared out before I switch servers. Anyway, I've moved 5 high-speed cores over to it to clear them out and hopefully complete the n=458K-463K range. When it gets back to handing out n=500K+ pairs, I'll, once again, move all the cores back to port 8500.

Some day, I hope to quit moving them around to clean up things! lol

Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2008-06-29 at 02:23
Old 2008-06-29, 05:18   #53
Brucifer

Dec 2005

313 Posts

Hi Gary,

I'm back from vacation, into the middle of a heat wave. Can't put everything on line but I can put some on. In reading the above posts, where would you like me to put some cores to help clean stuff out?

Bruce
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 05:32   #54
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

22×7×359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
Hi Gary,

I'm back from vacation, into the middle of a heat wave. Can't put everything on line but I can put some on. In reading the above posts, where would you like me to put some cores to help clean stuff out?

Bruce
Oh, GREAT! I/we need some help real bad right now. Summer, Karsten and Anon on vacation, Beyond having a storm outage, and RPS's new 6th drive strongly competing with us for resources have screached things to a crawl here. I'm about ready to stop all my other efforts and put all 6 of my quads just on these servers to get things moving and attempt to stay reasonably competitive with other projects.

Definitely put all of your machines on Ironbits port 8500 until we dry it and then move them all to port 300. There's still quite a lot of work in port 8500 since I think only Anon is on it with 1-2 cores at the moment.

I'm temporarily running port 400. There's going to only be a little bit left on it for some straggling k/n pairs around n=462.4K that were obviously returned when someone didn't process them from their queue around the time of the rally. I'll take care of cleaning that up until it starts spitting out n=500K+ pairs (see the k/n pair ranges in the server) and then I'll switch over to port 8500 with you. Once that is done, I'll switch over to port 300 with you.

Essentially, we're moving right up the n-ranges and filling gaps left from the rally.

Gary
Old 2008-06-29, 05:59   #55
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts

Quote:
I stop the server
start the server
Yes, the sorting should be taken care of automatically. Don't worry about it. If there's any results that are missing (there should only be a few), I'll fill them in myself when I process the results. (I'll also submit them to the server, which will make sure that the server "knows" they're done.)

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2008-06-29 at 06:00
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote