mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > NFS@Home

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-11-02, 17:23   #1
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

723210 Posts
Default Reservations?

The Homogeneous Cunningham reservations page says that 12,7,226+
was reserved by NFS@Home.

Yet I see no sign of it on the NFS@Home web site. It does not seem to be
queued. Is there a disconnect?
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 17:30   #2
pinhodecarlos
 
pinhodecarlos's Avatar
 
"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

473210 Posts
Default

NFS@Home is finalising sieve of 6,490+ . I don't see that number on the queue but I'll let you know as soon as I see it.

Last fiddled with by pinhodecarlos on 2015-11-02 at 17:37
pinhodecarlos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 17:52   #3
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

161008 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
NFS@Home is finalising sieve of 6,490+ . I don't see that number on the queue but I'll let you know as soon as I see it.
It is too small for that queue. It is only SNFS ~C243
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 15:55   #4
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

26·113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
It is too small for that queue. It is only SNFS ~C243
No response?
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 16:01   #5
pinhodecarlos
 
pinhodecarlos's Avatar
 
"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

10010011111002 Posts
Default

Here's the update I had a few hours ago from Greg.
NFS@Home is nearly finishing with the redo of 6,490+. After that, there we need to go a little further on 2,1285-. Greg had issued another 100k WU’s for that. After NFS@Home will move to some of the easier ones on the Cunningham Project wanted list. Regarding the latter Greg didn't mention which integers.

Last fiddled with by pinhodecarlos on 2015-11-04 at 16:01
pinhodecarlos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 16:10   #6
pinhodecarlos
 
pinhodecarlos's Avatar
 
"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

22·7·132 Posts
Default

Just to be clear, Greg didn't mention Homogeneous Cunningham project.

Edit: just thought about one thing. This is possible, I've done it while ago when I sieved a few integers for GCW. There might be a chance that Greg is using NFS@Home platform to distribute that Homogeneous Cunningham integer to his machines.

Last fiddled with by pinhodecarlos on 2015-11-04 at 16:16
pinhodecarlos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 17:15   #7
jyb
 
jyb's Avatar
 
Aug 2005
Seattle, WA

3×523 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
Just to be clear, Greg didn't mention Homogeneous Cunningham project.

Edit: just thought about one thing. This is possible, I've done it while ago when I sieved a few integers for GCW. There might be a chance that Greg is using NFS@Home platform to distribute that Homogeneous Cunningham integer to his machines.
It's not Greg who would know about this. This number is too easy for the 16e sievers, it would go into the 14e queue. It's Lionel that you should be asking.
jyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 17:15   #8
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

26×113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
Here's the update I had a few hours ago from Greg.
NFS@Home is nearly finishing with the redo of 6,490+. After that, there we need to go a little further on 2,1285-. Greg had issued another 100k WU’s for that. After NFS@Home will move to some of the easier ones on the Cunningham Project wanted list. Regarding the latter Greg didn't mention which integers.
You did not read what I wrote.

(1) This is from lasieved (i.e. the SMALL numbers)
(2) It is not Cunningham. It is Homogeneous Cunningham.
(3) Someone from NFS@Home reserved the number, but it has not been queued for lasieved.
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 17:23   #9
pinhodecarlos
 
pinhodecarlos's Avatar
 
"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

22·7·132 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
You did not read what I wrote.

(1) This is from lasieved (i.e. the SMALL numbers)
(2) It is not Cunningham. It is Homogeneous Cunningham.
(3) Someone from NFS@Home reserved the number, but it has not been queued for lasieved.
(1) and (2), I know, see my previous post. I did understand you were talking about HC and not C.

What I am telling you is there might be a chance that he's distributing that integer to his machines using lasieved, he has done it in the past for me. It won't show up in the progress page.

edit: checking tasks in his machines....

Last fiddled with by pinhodecarlos on 2015-11-04 at 17:24
pinhodecarlos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 01:48   #10
frmky
 
frmky's Avatar
 
Jul 2003
So Cal

32×227 Posts
Default

I have no record of this number, although I haven't managed the 14e queue in a while. Perhaps Lionel or Tom know its status.
Edit: That said, it's a fairly trivial number to factor, so it can be thrown in the queue.

Last fiddled with by frmky on 2015-11-05 at 01:49
frmky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 14:17   #11
debrouxl
 
debrouxl's Avatar
 
Sep 2009

3D116 Posts
Default

The most likely explanation is clearly that I just forgot to pre-process and queue it
debrouxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reservations ET_ Operazione Doppi Mersennes 490 2020-10-12 15:49
Reservations kar_bon Riesel Prime Data Collecting (k*2^n-1) 129 2016-09-05 09:23
Where are my reservations fivemack PrimeNet 3 2016-02-08 17:58
Reservations R.D. Silverman Cunningham Tables 15 2011-03-04 21:01
4-5M Reservations paulunderwood 3*2^n-1 Search 15 2008-06-08 03:29

All times are UTC. The time now is 11:02.

Mon Oct 26 11:02:27 UTC 2020 up 46 days, 8:13, 0 users, load averages: 1.89, 2.19, 2.01

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.