mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > jasong

Old 2019-05-27, 02:01   #1
jasong

"Jason Goatcher"
Mar 2005

DB116 Posts
Default I've kind of figured out leftist hatred of Christians

Apparently, the US was formed on the basis of Protestant ideas, and one of those ideas is the idea of all Christians being priests, meaning that we're all at the same level, all equal. This is where part of the idea of human equality came from, that everyone deserves to be equal under the law, equally respected, and equally judged.

Then a monk came along that felt like sin was unnatural and men "want" to be good. That's part of what is now the leftist ideology and why the left hates Christianity, because the Bible teaches that we are created depraved and actually prefer evil.

And now we've got demented morning show hosts celebrating cross-dressing 11-year old's as if it's a totally normal thing and drag queen story hour where perverts are encouraged to read to children.

Yes, it is truly the last days before the Church gets Raptured and the world goes through 7 360-day years of Tribulation. At the exact midpoint of that is where World War 3 starts.
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 06:43   #2
Nick

Dec 2012
The Netherlands

1,453 Posts

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by leftist.
Are you referring to a scale of equality versus opportunity?
The rich countries with large wealth inequality like the US and UK are the ones where there is enough food for everyone but thousands of children still go hungry.
That does not sound very Christian to me.

Last fiddled with by Nick on 2019-05-27 at 06:44 Reason: Typo
Nick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 14:01   #3
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

19×313 Posts

Once again I find it difficult to follow your logic.

I know plenty of Democrats who are better Christians than Republicans. Apparently we define the term "Christian" very differently.
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 17:03   #4
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

2·3·5·7·17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I'm not sure what exactly you mean by leftist.
Are you referring to a scale of equality versus opportunity?
The rich countries with large wealth inequality like the US and UK are the ones where there is enough food for everyone but thousands of children still go hungry.
That does not sound very Christian to me.
Ahh, for the good old days (early 1980's) when there were no hungry people in America! In an interview on December 8, 1983, then Presidential counselor Ed Meese (in)famously answered a question about hunger in America as follows:

Quote:
Well, I don't know of any authoritative figures that there are hungry children. I've heard a lot of anecdotal stuff, but I haven't heard any authoritative figures, and as a matter of fact, that's one of the reasons why the president appointed a task force on food assistance, to get to the bottom of some of these allegations which have been unsubstantiated until now.
<snip>
It was widely reported as Meese saying there were no hungry people in America. Not strictly accurate, but his proclamation of ignorance wasn't much better. Not long after, an editorial cartoon appeared (I'm not sure who drew it) showing two men bundled up in the cold, looking down at a man in threadbare garb huddled over a grate by the curb. The caption read, "No, Mr. Meese, he's not hungry. He's dead."

In more recent times, hunger has been completely abolished. There really are no hungry people in America. There are, however, people who are "experiencing food insecurity."

Still, it seems fair to me to wonder whether poor people in the US or UK are any worse off (at least WRT getting enough to eat) than poor people in other countries.

I don't think leftists always hate Christians. The twain have been known to meet, as in "Liberation theology."

It does seem sometimes, though, that some leftists try to assume an air of entitlement to exclusive moral authority, which some Christians also do. So it may be a case of "This town ain't big enough for the both of us."

With the evangelicals backing Il Duce, it seems to me that their moral authority is so general, it has no specific application.
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 18:59   #5
firejuggler

Apr 2010
Over the rainbow

2·1,217 Posts

The only Christian I "hate" are the proselyte fan club.
You can be Christian, muslim, jew or whatever, as long as you are not trying to shove me your religion in my throat.
firejuggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-29, 03:38   #6
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

234048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejuggler View Post
You can be Christian, muslim, jew or whatever, as long as you are not trying to shove me your religion in my throat.

I cannot speak for all "Left Wing Crazies". On my own account, however, hatred is not involved. There is a certain amount of compassion for those whom I perceive as delusional.

Last fiddled with by kladner on 2019-05-30 at 19:54 Reason: 's'
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-29, 14:02   #7
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

2·3·5·7·17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejuggler View Post
I especially hate giving the government's blessing to wrongful (IMHO) discrimination masquerading as "religious liberty" like this, House Bill 1523, Mississippi Legislature 2016 Regular Session.

You might also (with barf bag at the ready) want to look up the 2009 "Manhattan Declaration."

These people seem to be obsessed with other peoples' sexual proclivities. I like to say, "There's only one reason I can think of for one guy to be interested in whether another guy is gay, and it doesn't apply to me."
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-29, 14:48   #8
xilman
Bamboozled!

"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

1012110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
I especially hate giving the government's blessing to wrongful (IMHO) discrimination masquerading as "religious liberty" like this, House Bill 1523, Mississippi Legislature 2016 Regular Session.

You might also (with barf bag at the ready) want to look up the 2009 "Manhattan Declaration."

These people seem to be obsessed with other peoples' sexual proclivities. I like to say, "There's only one reason I can think of for one guy to be interested in whether another guy is gay, and it doesn't apply to me."
You lack either imagination or curiosity or both.

Last fiddled with by xilman on 2019-05-29 at 14:48
xilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-30, 20:52   #9
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

22·11·227 Posts

Quote:
"There's only one reason I can think of for one guy to be interested in whether another guy is gay, and it doesn't apply to me."
Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
You lack either imagination or curiosity or both.
Oh give him a break, Paul. It is obvious that he's talking about asking a guy for a dance. Maybe he doesn't dance.
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote