mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Soap Box

Old 2016-11-11, 05:03   #23
only_human

"Gang aft agley"
Sep 2002

2·1,877 Posts

Everyone is the same as they were a few days ago.
only_human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 05:06   #24
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

22·2,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by only_human View Post
While true, that can be taken in more than one way.
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 07:32   #25
xilman
Bamboozled!

"𒉺𒌌𒇷𒆷𒀭"
May 2003
Down not across

22·3·883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by only_human View Post
Alternatively:

And the trees are burning in your promised land
And there are no letters in the mailbox
And there are no grapes upon the vine
And there are no chocolates in the boxes anymore
And there are no diamonds in the mine
xilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 08:09   #26
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

100111101011002 Posts

Funny. That song came to mind for me in the last few hours.
Also this:
The Future

Give me back my broken night
my mirrored room, my secret life
it's lonely here,
there's no one left to torture
Give me absolute control
over every living soul
And lie beside me, baby,
that's an order!

Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture
Give me back the Berlin wall
give me Stalin and St Paul
I've seen the future, brother:
it is murder.

Things are going to slide, slide in all directions
Won't be nothing
Nothing you can measure anymore
The blizzard, the blizzard of the world
has crossed the threshold
and it has overturned
the order of the soul
When they said REPENT REPENT
I wonder what they meant
I wonder what they meant
I wonder what they meant

You don't know me from the wind
you never will, you never did
I'm the little jew
who wrote the Bible
I've seen the nations rise and fall
I've heard their stories, heard them all
but love's the only engine of survival

Your servant here, he has been told
to say it clear, to say it cold:
It's over, it ain't going
any further
And now the wheels of heaven stop
you feel the devil's riding crop
Get ready for the future:
it is murder

Won't be nothing
and it has overturned
the order of the soul
I wonder what they meant
I wonder what they meant
I wonder what they meant

There'll be the breaking of the ancient
western code
Your private life will suddenly explode
There'll be phantoms
There'll be fires on the road
and the white man dancing
You'll see a woman
hanging upside down
her features covered by her fallen gown
and all the lousy little poets
coming round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson
and the white man dancin'

Give me back the Berlin wall
Give me Stalin and St Paul
Give me Christ
or give me Hiroshima
Destroy another fetus now
We don't like children anyhow
I've seen the future, baby:
it is murder

Won't be nothing
and it has overturned
the order of the soul
I wonder what they meant
I wonder what they meant
I wonder what they meant

Unfortunately, the song is truncated in this video, as well as Bowdlerized. I saw Cohen on one of the late night shows (Leno?) He did The Future, with the words "speed and careless sex" substituted. At some point Leonard said, "It's very kind of you to invite me here to mutilate this song." He was fingering a string of beads as he performed. I'm sure some here can identify those.

Go in Peace, Leonard.

https://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/future.html

Last fiddled with by kladner on 2016-11-11 at 09:01
Old 2016-11-11, 17:25   #27
Raman
Noodles

"Mr. Tuch"
Dec 2007
Chennai, India

4E916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post
Antarctica seems to be the place least touched by politics. Perhaps moving there would give one a more positive outlook on life. The winters can be a bit bracing, but as long as you wear a t-shirt when outside you should be fine. Penguin meat ain't too bad once you get used to it. The air is clear. And there is no monetary system (because no government of course) so finding a job is not needed. Seems perfect.
That sounds reasonable enough!

In places close to poles, people have to co-operate with each other to be able to survive and in the equatorial regions, all the feud with people will take place!

Countries closest to poles are rich in human development index, lesser corruption, more education, higher gross domestic product index, more health care, higher life expectancy, higher literacy rate.

But every thing has got exceptions!
Where ever and when ever we are born is not in to our own hands!

But countries closest to equator will have more growth rate and limit level in to population, diversity of languages, etc. and then so on.

But these things might change in to future period of time due to because of global warming as Sun increases insolation - higher temperature in to Sun causes fuel to burn up quickly and produce more energy.
Rather than instead of.
Later on wards, polar regions might become inhabitable and equatorial regions might become sauna or furnace.

Continental drift will also occur and has also occurred over period of time away!

But earliest civilizations of river valleys started over around - began about 30° North horse latitude.

30° South horse latitude was under isolation in to remote environment and conditions and then there is not much of land near by over there by - mostly sea near by - over there by.

Code:
Isolation = Remote?
Isolated ICU unit - intensive care unit - intermediate care unit - in between - intermediate.

Stationary ≠ Stationery?
Mobile × Stationary?

During Gondwana ages and period of time - India moved away from vast loneliness in to vast society. From vast island in to vast connected land mass.

Hyderabad was be being - temporarily enclave of India - about around - had got about around.
Lesotho is an enclave of South Africa, not Swaziland.

San Marino and Vatican city are enclaves of Italy and Rome city and town.
Monaco and Andorra are not enclaves of France and Spain.

Catalan is official language of Andorra.
Latin is official language of Vatican City.

Sanskrit is official language of Mathur, what ever state and union territory, India.
Oldest living and surviving language = Tamiɻ language.

English:Latin :: Hindi:Sanskrit.
Tamiɻ:Telugu :: English:French.

a:b :: c:d
a-c = b-d ever and a-b = c-d.

Not necessarily ad = bc.
Word in to vector representation.

Game videos = Copy right.
Three days ago, Indian government has scrapped away ₹ 500 and ₹ 1000 currency notes in to putting away an end in to black money faked away from Pakistan terrorists! And also remove poverty, step by step!

₹ 1000, ₹ 5000 and ₹ 10000 currency notes seems to be scrapped in years of 1946 and 1978 already - I had got read from NDTV 24 × 7 news web site page.

New ₹ 500 and ₹ 2000 currency notes - harder to fake away - are being published and then will be available in to general public - of an other people.

No new ₹ 1000 currency notes?
₹ 2000 currency notes without ₹ 200 currency notes?

News = north east west south!
North (left) west (right) east south, not north (left) east (right) west south.
I had got already lost some marks in to Geography paper in to my own sixth standard class for this fallacy!

Code:
Australia uses sun beds frequently often - not New Zealand?
It is risky to health - children and even young adults not allowed!

Already Ultra Violet radiation intensity maximum over there by.

Australian Aborigins blacker than even African Nigros?
They don't acquire Sun burn, natives not even sun tan of an other people.

Sun near perihelion during southern hemisphere summer solstice.

That causes shorter southern hemisphere summer - longer northern hemisphere summer.
Even in Equator, southern hemisphere summer solstice will be warmer than northern hemisphere summer solstice.

At a bit north of Equator, these two effects counteract and compensate with each other.
Southern hemisphere seasons are extreme than northern hemisphere seasons.

Southern hemisphere - hot summer, cold winter.
Northern hemisphere - cooler summer, warmer winter.

This will change with a cycle of 22000 years due to precession of equinoxes.
But earth overall is warmer during northern hemisphere summer solstice than southern hemisphere summer solstice because much of land is in northern hemisphere - land warms and cools quickly than sea - sea is lazier than land.

Elliptic orbits occur due to gravitational force being inversely square proportional to distance.
Good exercise to derive this.
Good to work out what orbits will result due to other laws.
Elliptic orbits result due to force being inversely square proportional to distance or force being linearly proportional to distance.
Gravitational force and electromagnetic force are being inversely square proportional to distance.
Strong nuclear force strength increases with distance and new quark - anti quark pair are being created at some constant distance rather than instead of quarks separating away due to because of quarks being inseparable from nuclear particles.
Weak nuclear force has short range due to Higgs boson which is massive similarly to that of W boson and Z boson and explains why particles have got mass.
Frictional force is an exotic type of force.

Earth's orbit is not a perfect ellipse due to following two reasons:
Perturbation of heavier planets causes to increase and decrease eccentricity over period of time.
Due to Einstein's theory of relativity - orbits precess over period of time - Our own planet of Earth completes this orbit in to 22000 years period of time, so after 11000 years we will be having got:

Northern hemisphere - hot summer, cold winter.
Southern hemisphere - cooler summer, warmer winter.

Our own planet of Earth's eccentricity of orbit around Sun is right now 0.0167 and decreasing over period of time.
It cannot exceed 0.05.

On the other hand, moon's eccentricity of orbit around Earth is right now 0.05.
This causes difference in between intermediate total solar eclipses or annular solar eclipses or hybrid solar eclipses when moon is in apogee or perigee.
Earth's eccentricity of orbit around Sun does not make much of difference at all.

Total solar eclipses are being going in to extinction in to an other 600 million years.
As moon moves away from Earth at the rate of 3 centimeters per year due to tidal friction between earth and moon and Earth's rotation is also slowing down at the rate of 1.4 milliseconds per century squared.

Tides are not same as waves. Tides are rise and fall of sea level due to gravitational forces of sun and moon over period of time, and waves are up and down motion of sea water, and what ever causes it? Waves are available only near by coast lines and not in to inner sea waters? Or not? Over there by currents will be dominant?

Earth's axis is tilted by using about - around 5.3° to the moon - other wise all new moon days will be solar eclipses and all full moon days will be lunar eclipses.
Eclipses will occur only if whether when ever moon is in to ascending node or descending node.
This occurs once every 5 or 6 days shorter of 6 months.
Solar eclipses occur only up on new moon days and lunar eclipses occur only up on full moon days.

There is also Saros series - every 18 years 10 or 11 days. Also metonic cycle - every 19 years.
Five different types of months - Sidereal month, anomalistic month, synodic month, draconic month, tropical month.

Moo = moon? Moo = Ointment - Smear Sandal wood.

Milankovitch Cycles affect:
Axial tilt - 23.44° and decreasing - 22000 years cycle.
Eccentricity - 0.0167 and decreasing - 22000 years cycle.
Precession of equinoxes - January 3 perihelion and July 5 aphelion - moving forward in to calendar cycle - 22000 years cycle.

Sun's declination up on earth can vary from 23.44° north and south of equator. In a sine wave curve, it is actually in between intermediate of 24.5° and 22.1° with a 22000 years cycle.

Moon's declination up on earth can vary from 28.7° and 18.1° north and south of equator with a period of time cycle of 9 years 5 or 6 days.

Moon is tidally locked in to earth - earth declination over moon cannot vary more than 6.9° due to libration.

Sun's declination up on moon cannot vary more than 1.6° so near poles there can be some regions in to continuous day light regions even with Sun very much lower in to horizon and some regions constantly in to shadow regions even with Sun very much lower in to horizon.

Pluto and Charon both be being mutually tidally locked in to each an other.
Mercury orbits sun with a 2:3 orbital resonance - completing 3 rotations for 2 revolutions around Sun - about be being.

Sun can turn away retrograde motion in to sky of Mercury planet - over there by Sun appears in to be being 3 times bigger as up on our own planet of Earth - about around - have got about around.
Like wise some planets can turn away retrograde motion in to sky of our own planet of Earth planet.

Axial tilt of planets:
Mercury: 0.03°, Venus: -2.64°, Earth: 23.44°, Mars: 25.19°, Jupiter: 3.13°, Saturn: 26.73°, Uranus: -82.23°, Neptune: 28.32°, Pluto: -57.47°.
Sun: 7.25°, Moon: 6.68°.

Venus, Uranus and Pluto are being in to retrograde motions.
Sun and Moon does not matter - never mind.

Some planets have got around - about exotic magnetic field pole tilt!

There can be gas dust in to heavy planetary two of five stable Lagrange points L4 and L5 - three of five are being unstable Lagrange points L1, L2 and L3.

Of an other people.
Of an other people.

Mutual - future.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 19:38   #28
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

203008 Posts
Default hope trump doesn't become any closer than president elect.

what does potus mean now privately owned trump's united states or piece of trash of united states or pretentious old and tired useless shite
if trump weren't human it could be pokemon owning the united states

Last fiddled with by science_man_88 on 2016-11-11 at 19:38
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 21:07   #29
MattcAnderson

"Matthew Anderson"
Dec 2010
Oregon, USA

3×223 Posts
Default More Of The Same

Hi Mersenneforum,

This is about our new president of USA.

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Star Wars morphed.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	15119  
MattcAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 22:45   #30
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

22·2,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattcAnderson View Post
Hi Mersenneforum,

Matt
I don't get it.
Old 2016-11-12, 00:21   #31
wombatman
I moo ablest echo power!

May 2013

1,741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattcAnderson View Post
Hi Mersenneforum,

Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
I don't get it.
I believe the safety pin is a new way for people (particularly straight white men and women, I think) to show that they are ready and willing to support all those who are likely to be directly affected by Trump's presidency, in terms of things like LGBTQ rights, racial hatred directed at minorities, persecution of Muslims, and so on.

I can't speak to the origin of it, but I'm pretty sure that's what it's a symbol for. I guess the Star Wars bit is to signify a rebelling alliance against Trump?
wombatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 03:35   #32
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

22×2,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatman View Post
I believe the safety pin is a new way for people (particularly straight white men and women, I think) to show that they are ready and willing to support all those who are likely to be directly affected by Trump's presidency, in terms of things like LGBTQ rights, racial hatred directed at minorities, persecution of Muslims, and so on.

I can't speak to the origin of it, but I'm pretty sure that's what it's a symbol for. I guess the Star Wars bit is to signify a rebelling alliance against Trump?
Thanks!
Old 2016-11-13, 00:38   #33
0PolarBearsHere

Oct 2015

2·7·19 Posts

While citizens of the USA are considering leaving, Australia is sending refugees to the USA.
http://www.news.com.au/national/poli...533748249810f4

Last fiddled with by 0PolarBearsHere on 2016-11-13 at 00:39
0PolarBearsHere is offline   Reply With Quote