Sep 2002
República de California

3·72·79 Posts
Default Bill Clinton's latest bout of mouth diarrhea

Typical HillBillary - start slinging mud when things stop going your way:

Bill Clinton "regrets" language used in tirade

My favorite line from the above article:
Quote:
Reminded that Purdum is married to his former press secretary Dee Dee Myers, Clinton responded in part: "That's all right — he's still a scumbag." The former president added: "He's just a dishonest guy — can't help it."
"And believe me, being a dishonest guy but not being able to help it is something I know quite a bit about." ;)
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 23:19   #332
robin_benson

Jul 2007

19 Posts

On the radio today, I heard a Bill Clinton quote about the media's bias against his wife and how Obama does not decry the anti-Hillary bias (that same media that watched her lose 10 primary contests in a row and still contended that she had a chance to win; anyway...). The Bill Clinton quote was, referring to Obama: "The man has no shame." Pheww, I chuckled for quite a while over that one. Hello kettle, meet pot.

Last fiddled with by robin_benson on 2008-06-03 at 23:20
robin_benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 00:05   #333
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2D5D16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin_benson View Post
On the radio today, I heard a Bill Clinton quote about the media's bias against his wife and how Obama does not decry the anti-Hillary bias (that same media that watched her lose 10 primary contests in a row and still contended that she had a chance to win; anyway...). The Bill Clinton quote was, referring to Obama: "The man has no shame." Pheww, I chuckled for quite a while over that one. Hello kettle, meet pot.
I think you may be conflating two quotes [both asinine] from the above-linked rant - Bill ranted about the alleged pro-Obama media bias, but the "no shame" comment was in reference to the author of the unflattering-to-Bill Vanity Fair piece.

Last fiddled with by ewmayer on 2008-06-04 at 00:06
Old 2008-06-05, 01:54   #334
robin_benson

Jul 2007

19 Posts

Quote:
"It's all politics. It's all about the bias of the media for Obama. Don't think anything about it. But I'm telling ya, all it's doing is driving her supporters further and further away — because they know exactly what it is — this has been the most rigged coverage in modern history — and the guy ought to be ashamed of himself. But he has no shame. It isn't the first dishonest piece he's written about me or her.
The AM radio piece I heard cut the last sentence off of this quote. The host was trying to make the point that Obama could not possibly pick HRC as his running mate after her husband said this about him... Really bad editing and kind of dishonest on the part of the AM radio host.

At any rate, hearing Bill Clinton accuse anyone of having no shame is still a laugh. Again... Hello Kettle, Meet Pot.
robin_benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 15:55   #335
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

1161310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin_benson View Post
At any rate, hearing Bill Clinton accuse anyone of having no shame is still a laugh. Again... Hello Kettle, Meet Pot.
Very true - but at least w.r.to the pot, he didn't inhale, you know...

Congratulations to Barack Obama on a historic and well-deserved nomination win. Quoting one of my favorite financial/economic bloggers:
Quote:
The country is tired of war, tired of divisiveness, tired of arrogance, and tired of leaders who are unwilling to admit a mistake. Hillary represents the status quo on at least 3 out of 4 of those and I think all 4. Certainly someone who cannot admit a mistake in voting for the war in Iraq, is arguably stubborn enough to stay the course.

A fresh, new face and viewpoint looking to the potential of the future rather than old models of the past will send an invigorating hopeful message about America. His election will be a clear reversal from the past eight years.

Many tell me that Obama will not end this war, that he will not pull our troops out, and that he will be stymied by politics as usual.

I am willing to give Obama a chance for the simple reason he is the only chance we have.
But pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase - no "Hillary for VP". The horror ... the horror...

[Edit: Note to Bob below: I was thinking more specifically of the potential "HillBillary try to undercut Obama and usurp power behind the scenes" scenario if an Obama/Clinton ticket won this Fall. I don't see why Hill-for-Veep would make a difference in the election, at least not a positive one: If Hillary supporters are shallow or racist enough to vote for McCain out of sheer spite, then they deserve a "third Bush term". Of course the rest of us would also suffer as a result.]

Last fiddled with by ewmayer on 2008-06-05 at 17:31
Old 2008-06-05, 16:22   #336
R.D. Silverman

Nov 2003

1D2416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post
Very true - but at least w.r.to the pot, he didn't inhale, you know...

Congratulations to Barack Obama on a historic and well-deserved nomination win. Quoting one of my favorite financial/economic bloggers:

But pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase - no "Hillary for VP". The horror ... the horror...
I tend to agree..... However, do you recall the Churchill quote about
Hitler? He said that if Hitler invaded hell, then he would find something
nice to say about the devil...

If choosing Billary as VP ensures the we kick out the scumbag Republiguns
who want to continue the war and force their brain damaged religious
nonsense on us, then I say: go with it.
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 23:21   #337
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

2×32×409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
If choosing Billary as VP ensures the we kick out the scumbag Republiguns... then I say: go with it.
This Republigun and many other independent-minded voters will happily pull the lever for McCain if Hillary is the VP choice. She is a deal-breaker, big-time. Otherwise, I'm 75% likely voting for Obama.

Ding-dong the witch is dead - keep her that way.
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 04:24   #338
philmoore

"Phil"
Sep 2002
Tracktown, U.S.A.

2·13·43 Posts

Yes, George, but your opinion is irrelevant, since McCain will pick Charlie Crist as his running mate to ensure that he carries Florida. (Not totally irrelevant, we still value your opinion here at Mersenneforum, but it probably will have a negligible effect on the election outcome.) Obama is in a tough position. I don't believe in poll-driven politics, but maybe he needs to commission some polls as to how an Obama-Edwards ticket fares against McCain versus an Obama-Clinton ticket. Not that Edwards needs to be his VP candidate, but he is probably the only person well-known enough for the poll results to be comparable. The important question is, do Clinton's positives outweigh her negatives? Would the polls show Obama losing Pennsylvania and Ohio without Clinton as his VP candidate? I doubt that he wants her as his VP candidate; after all, he was quite critical of the Clinton record earlier in the primary season, and it really undercuts his message of a break with politics as usual, lobbyists and special interests and all that. But he has so many people telling him that he should put her on the ticket right now, it would be very hard to disregard that. Personally, I think that choosing her for VP makes him look too much like the typical politician. I think that Richardson would be a much more suitable choice for him.
philmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 08:54   #339
S485122

Sep 2006
Brussels, Belgium

67516 Posts

The next president to be elected will have to cope with the economic prolems caused by the sub-prime crisis, the cost of the war in Irak and ... It will be very tempting for each party to lose the coming elections because that way the blame for the coming social and financial catastrophies can be blamed on the other. Let the other party do the dirty job of cleaning up the mess.

Jacob
S485122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 09:24   #340
garo

Aug 2002
Termonfeckin, IE

32×307 Posts

Choosing Hillary for VP would be a huge mistake for Obama in my opinion. It is hard but essential for Obama to ignore those Hillary supporters crying for a Obama-Hillary ticket.

Hillary has too much baggage, too tied to the past hence undercutting the change theme, and too easy a target for Republicans. A fair number of independents and Obama supporters would be turned off if he chooses her. Now it is up to the pollsters to figure out if that loss would be outweighed by the gain. If Hillary wants to be VP the best she can do is to really play nice and basically repudiate all the aspects of her campaign that were so distasteful e.g. Iraq war support, the 3AM phone-call, the too-clever-by-half race-mongering. But I suspect she will carry on with her scorched-earth policy with a hope for 2012.
garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 15:59   #341
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

3×72×79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmoore View Post
I think that Richardson would be a much more suitable choice for him.
Yes, great Tex-Mex minds think alike ... Richardson is also my top choice for the Demo's VP candidate ... been waiting for our next game of one-on-one driveway hoops to suggest it to Barack, but lately he keeps giving me this lame-assed "sorry, too busy" excuse.