mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Prime Sierpinski Project

Old 2006-12-26, 19:27   #1
ltd

Apr 2003

22·193 Posts
Default Sieve submission page available

The first version of the PSP sieve submission is available.
Before you use it please read my comments as there are still some restrictions.

First: To use the page you must already have your username registered for the project. This is the case for everybody who is already visible in the stats no matter if PRP or sieve part.

Second: The system does not handle factors from the range files.
If you have factors of this type you should mail them as before.

Third: Please do not insert factors from the excluded files. The importer
can not distinguish between normal factors and factors from the excluded list.
There is no need for these factors and they will not give any points for the stats.

Here is the link:

http://www.psp-project.de/sieveimport.php

Description of the form:

In the dropdown list you can choose for which user the results should be imported. Attention! As soon as you have submitted your results there is no easy way to change the selection. That would be all manual work factor by factor so be carefull that you use the right username.
Maybe in the future i will find the time to learn how to build a user login.

The radiobuttons are important for the handling of the SOB factors.
If you choose "SOB factors reported by PSP" the system will enter all SOB factors into a database and i will report them to SOB as user "PSPGroup"
If you choose "SOB factors reported by user" it is on you to report the factors for whatever SOB user you want. There will be no storage of those factors.

Copy the factors into the textarea.
Attention: The factors must be in a format one factor per line. If you make a copy/paste out of the sieve "fact.txt" everything should work without any problems.
The importer is able to handle the proth_sieve format and also the prime95 format. So if you have a factor from p-1/ecm test you can still use the form.

There is no support for ECM/GMP sorry.

Now press the submit button and thats it.

It will be still possible to send me factors by mail.
If for example you send in a mail containing all factor files please note if you
have already imported the fact.txt file or not.

That was a lot of text and i hope it is clear what i wanted to say.

Hope you like the new page.

Lars

P.S. If you receive any error messages from the form please send them to me including the factorlist and the nickname used that caused the problem.
P.P.S. I do not know at the moment which is the maximum number of factors that can be imported as one set but i tested with a set >4000 line and had no prblems.
P.P.P.S. There will be a short delay before the page is available for SR5 as the code to check for valid factors is not as compatible written as it should have been.

Last fiddled with by ltd on 2006-12-26 at 19:28
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 20:07   #2
hhh

Jun 2005

22·3·31 Posts

It is quite clear, but I have a few remarks:
Why don't you just save EVERY submission in some text file, whatever it may be? You can look at the file once a month, nd if something is mising, you still have it. Better to have more than less.

I would in particular keep the SoB factors and not delete them. You can always submit them two months later, and if they are submitted already, they won't count, and if they are submitted, no harm will be done.

My username isn't there, and not only mine is missing.

Anyway, thanks for the work, thumbs up, yours H.
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 23:45   #3
ltd

Apr 2003

14048 Posts

@hhh:

i have looked into the form once more and i can see your username.
Did you look at the beta form instead of the real one?

Storing all factors additional into a file would be an extra step to be programmed and tested. I am happy to have this one finished with
all the other private task i had to do during my holidays.

For the SOB factors that something i will think about.

Cheers,

Lars

Last fiddled with by ltd on 2006-12-28 at 23:45
Old 2006-12-30, 15:58   #4
VJS

Dec 2004

13·23 Posts

Lars,

Can I please beg you to keep all of the Sob factors and archieve everything. It shouldn't take that much disk space. Even if it were as simple as adding everything submitted through that page into some sort of text log etc...

I hate redoing ranges due to personal errors, whats even worse is when you don't find the gaps or missing factors.

I'm with hhh, a little extra achieve/backup is a very good thing.
VJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 17:11   #5
ltd

Apr 2003

22×193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJS View Post
Lars,

Can I please beg you to keep all of the Sob factors and archieve everything. It shouldn't take that much disk space. Even if it were as simple as adding everything submitted through that page into some sort of text log etc...

I hate redoing ranges due to personal errors, whats even worse is when you don't find the gaps or missing factors.

I'm with hhh, a little extra achieve/backup is a very good thing.
Already implemented as i had the same discussion also with Joe O how asked that i should keep all SOB factors. They will be stored with a different state so that i can seperate the factors for reporting to SOB submission and not "steal" any factors.

It was only a change of less the 10 lines of code. So real no effort to implement.

Cheers,

Lars

Last fiddled with by ltd on 2006-12-30 at 17:12
Old 2007-06-16, 06:52   #6
BlisteringSheep

Oct 2006
On a Suzuki Boulevard C90

2×3×41 Posts

May I propose a change to the import page? Right now, when you go to the page (and when it refreshes after submitting results), the user that is first on the list is selected. Could you add a blank/invalid/"Select your name" entry to the head of the list so that it isn't possible to submit anything without actually selecting your username? That is, the page would always come up with the first entry on the list selected, but if the "Submit Query" button is pressed without changing the username an error message/page would be generated, similar to the error that comes up if you don't pick an SoB option.

It would be nice if it remembered your selection between imports (both username & the radiobuttons), but I realize that would be more work. I'm just talking about the case where you submit multiple times in a row. Right now you have to re-select the username and SoB option every time you press Submit. When I have a lot of files to submit I often leave the page up in the browser (sometimes for days) and just keep pasting the next file into the factors box.

Does this description make sense?
BlisteringSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 08:40   #7
ltd

Apr 2003

22·193 Posts

The creation of an extra "invalid" user in the dropdownlist should be no problem.

For remembering your last selection my problem is that i am a HTML newbie. I think that would need the use of a cookie or something like that. If anybody can give me a hind i would be very happy.( And yes i was to lazy so far to make a google search about it)

Lars
Old 2007-06-16, 09:50   #8
BlisteringSheep

Oct 2006
On a Suzuki Boulevard C90

24610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
The creation of an extra "invalid" user in the dropdownlist should be no problem.

For remembering your last selection my problem is that i am a HTML newbie. I think that would need the use of a cookie or something like that. If anybody can give me a hind i would be very happy.( And yes i was to lazy so far to make a google search about it)

Lars
The problem is that my skill level is pretty much the same. I know how to do the dropdownlist HTML thingy, but don't know how to do the php part.
BlisteringSheep is offline   Reply With Quote