mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Other Stuff > Forum Feedback

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-08-06, 09:44   #969
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

22·5·373 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Remind me again how many Mersenne primes you have found

I have a nice list of all your more stupid posts going back over 10 years, might now be coming around time to remind everyone just what a jerk you are...
It takes a true idiot to believe that blindly running someone else's
code on machines you don't own is an accomplishment. Anyone
who believes that finding Mersenne primes using software and methods
that one is too stupid or lazy to understand is an accomplishment
is someone to hold in total contempt. You, for example.

Why don't you count instead the number of papers that I have published?
Or the algorithms that I have implemented? Or the algorithms that I
have improved?
R.D. Silverman is offline  
Old 2014-08-06, 17:10   #970
Gordon
 
Gordon's Avatar
 
Nov 2008

22×53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
It takes a true idiot to believe that blindly running someone else's
code on machines you don't own is an accomplishment. Anyone
who believes that finding Mersenne primes using software and methods
that one is too stupid or lazy to understand is an accomplishment
is someone to hold in total contempt. You, for example.

Why don't you count instead the number of papers that I have published?
Or the algorithms that I have implemented? Or the algorithms that I
have improved?
Oh dear, there you go again

The code was running on my home pc, so as it was bought with my hard earned cash, guess I did actually own it. Strike 1.

You have no idea how much I understand the software or methods, you seem to blindly believe that nobody knows as much as you. Strike 2

You previously equated me to a moron, now according to dictionary.com that means

"Psychology . (no longer in technical use; now considered offensive) a person of borderline intelligence in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69."

Let's see, according to official Mensa application test my IQ is 150.

SSttrrriikkee 3 and out!



So how many Mersenne Primes was that you found again ???

Please reply with the prime exponent you found and we'll throw you a
Gordon is offline  
Old 2014-08-07, 19:16   #971
flagrantflowers
 
Apr 2014

27 Posts
Default

Thank you all very much for the enlightenment. I appreciate having an actual discussion rather than simply dismiss people due to their admitted ignorance. I've learned a few things.

I would also like to thank the honourable R.D. Silverman for my nomination to the Posts that seem less than useful thread.
flagrantflowers is offline  
Old 2014-08-07, 19:42   #972
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

746010 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagrantflowers View Post
Thank you all very much for the enlightenment. I appreciate having an actual discussion rather than simply dismiss people due to their admitted ignorance. I've learned a few things.

I would also like to thank the honourable R.D. Silverman for my nomination to the Posts that seem less than useful thread.


I don't dismiss people who are ignorant.

I dismiss them when they continue to prattle despite their
ignorance and when they <blankety blank> fail to DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE
IGNORANCE.
R.D. Silverman is offline  
Old 2014-08-07, 19:57   #973
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

2·4,657 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
If Math would ever bother to learn some high school algebra...
If you had learnt some high school english, you would have cited his name correctly.
chalsall is offline  
Old 2014-08-07, 20:49   #974
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

22×5×373 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
If you had learnt some high school english, you would have cited his name correctly.
Hey Moron. Learn the difference between an error in grammar/spelling
and a TYPO.
R.D. Silverman is offline  
Old 2014-08-07, 21:25   #975
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

246216 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
Hey Moron. Learn the difference between an error in grammar/spelling and a TYPO.
I just did. Thank you.
chalsall is offline  
Old 2014-08-07, 22:15   #976
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

2·4,657 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
I don't dismiss people who are ignorant.

I dismiss them when they continue to prattle despite their
ignorance and when they <blankety blank> fail to DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE
IGNORANCE.
I question then why you don't dismiss yourself?
chalsall is offline  
Old 2014-08-23, 18:44   #977
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

221428 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
Define 'distribution'.
Your sorry ass out of your chair?
chalsall is offline  
Old 2014-11-16, 00:36   #978
Gordon
 
Gordon's Avatar
 
Nov 2008

22·53 Posts
Default Spit in someone's face -- and you probably will be bitch-slapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
Teach me. Please explain your thoughts as to why you believe that anyone
might want to know? What use is the information?
To the OP - Riens

Just ignore anything this sad person says, he's just bitter and twisted because he's never found a Mersenne prime. He believes unless you understand the intimate details of anything you use then that makes you useless and anything you say worth less than nothing.

Of course you need to offset his pathetic belief with the fact that he has not scrutinized and understood the most minute detail of the source code and chip layout of ANYTHING he uses himself.

He hasn't verified the source of his cars electronics, nor scraped the top off the internal chips and verified their workings...you get the idea. Yet he drives it every day!

Similarly please ask him if he was read and verified every line of source code for the OS that he uses, of course he hasn't and he will tell you this is a straw man argument.

He will even belittle that fact that I am one of those few people who have found a Mersenne prime. Apparently i can claim no credit at all because someone else wrote the code and I don't intimately understand the maths.

If you follow his logic then Usain Bolt deserves no credit for his world record runs as he doesn't have a degree in how the human muscles work at PhD level....

Keep on experimenting and having fun.

[DING]
Gordon is offline  
Old 2014-11-16, 02:46   #979
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

164448 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
To the OP - Riens

Just ignore anything this sad person says, he's just bitter and twisted because he's never found a Mersenne prime. He believes unless you understand the intimate details of anything you use then that makes you useless and anything you say worth less than nothing.



[DING]
To the OP.

Please be aware that Gordon is a total cretin with the IQ of a cabbage. He prattles continuously
about subjects that he does not understand (and never will) and totally disparages any effort
at maintaining any sort of academic discipline in discussions about this subject.
R.D. Silverman is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fedora gedit for bash has become useless EdH Linux 11 2016-05-13 15:36
Useless SSE instructions __HRB__ Programming 41 2012-07-07 17:43
Useless DC assignment lycorn PrimeNet 16 2009-09-08 18:16
Useless p-1 work jocelynl Data 4 2004-11-28 13:28

All times are UTC. The time now is 04:49.

Fri Sep 25 04:49:29 UTC 2020 up 15 days, 2 hrs, 0 users, load averages: 1.16, 1.15, 1.26

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.