mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Miscellaneous Math

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-05-15, 00:00   #1
Capncrap
 
"Jonathan lafrance g"
May 2017
Maniwaki, quebec, ca

910 Posts
Default hypothese on some prime

I have an hypothese where for all number on 6n-1 and on 11,17,23,29+30a, if its not factoring by any: (6a-1) (6a+1) on where 6a-1 is on 11,17,23,29+30c and 6a+1on 7,13,19,31+30bthen its prime. If it appears to be true would it be good to confirm a prime on 6n-1 not on 5+30n, 25+30n
Capncrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-15, 02:36   #2
science_man_88
 
science_man_88's Avatar
 
"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

24·3·52·7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncrap View Post
I have an hypothese where for all number on 6n-1 and on 11,17,23,29+30a, if its not factoring by any: (6a-1) (6a+1) on where 6a-1 is on 11,17,23,29+30c and 6a+1on 7,13,19,31+30bthen its prime. If it appears to be true would it be good to confirm a prime on 6n-1 not on 5+30n, 25+30n
all primes greater than 3 are of one of the forms 6a+1 or 6a-1 this can be proved in remainder math. the reason 5+30n and 25+30n aren't prime is because they factor as 5*(1+6n) and 5*(5+6n) the primes themselves don't include every member of 6a+1 or 6a-1 though some are composites which factor into primes of those forms. like 25 is (6n+5)^2 for n=0. as to different numbers +30n being prime this is also talked about in remainder math if both parts of the sum share a factor greater than 1 we can prove that it's not prime because the parts share a factor ( and so the sum of them must have that factor). in general the primes are only on the remainders that are coprime ( don't share a factor other than 1) on division by any numbers however once again not all numbers of these forms are necessarily prime.

Last fiddled with by science_man_88 on 2017-05-15 at 02:38
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-15, 07:03   #3
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

2·5,059 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncrap View Post
if its not factoring by any: (6a-1)?(6a+1)
If the red question mark (which I added) is an ”or”, than your "hypothese" is true, and obvious. All primes, are by definition, "not factoring by" other primes (which are all either 6a-1, either 6a+1).

If the red question mark is supposed to be a product, than your "hypothese" is false. There are composite numbers that have factors which are not a product of other 2 factors. They are called prime factors. Now, ok, if you multiply (-1)(mod 6) and (1)(mod 6), you get either 5, 11, 17, 23, 29, (mod 30), and of course that any composite in these modular classes must be a multiple of that product.

To reformulate: "I have a hypothese, any number which is not divisible by other number except 1 and itself, is prime". As you said, "cap and crap"...

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2017-05-15 at 07:12
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-15, 11:44   #4
Capncrap
 
"Jonathan lafrance g"
May 2017
Maniwaki, quebec, ca

32 Posts
Default

Well even if my education stopped right before complex number, thanks for call me a crap, lol, that is true I didnt define any limit where 6n-1 and 6a-1 share same equations when 6n-1 * 6a-1 >= 6b+1

6n-1 >=7( 6a-1 )and both on 11,17,23,29+30c
6n-1>= 11(6b+1) where 6b+1 is on 7,13,19,31+ 30d

My question is how long would it be for a computer to calculate all (6a-1)(6b+1) until a certain 6n-1 on 11,17,23,29,30+30c, where all my freaking variables are on naturals positives so from there soustration of the sums of all possible (6a-1)(6b+1), between 6(n+1)-1 and 6n+1 on the same freaking equations should be 0 for a prime and 1 on non prime.
Capncrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-15, 12:44   #5
science_man_88
 
science_man_88's Avatar
 
"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

20D016 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncrap View Post
Well even if my education stopped right before complex number, thanks for call me a crap, lol, that is true I didnt define any limit where 6n-1 and 6a-1 share same equations when 6n-1 * 6a-1 >= 6b+1

6n-1 >=7( 6a-1 )and both on 11,17,23,29+30c
6n-1>= 11(6b+1) where 6b+1 is on 7,13,19,31+ 30d

My question is how long would it be for a computer to calculate all (6a-1)(6b+1) until a certain 6n-1 on 11,17,23,29,30+30c, where all my freaking variables are on naturals positives so from there soustration of the sums of all possible (6a-1)(6b+1), between 6(n+1)-1 and 6n+1 on the same freaking equations should be 0 for a prime and 1 on non prime.
well 6n-1 and 6n+1 are arithmetic progressions so you're asking about sieving out the composites we can get:

a multiplication of two potentially different 6n-1:

(6k-1)(6j-1)=36kj-6k-6j+1 = 6(6kj-k-j)+1

a multiplication of two potentially different 6n+1:

(6k+1)(6j+1)= 36kj+6k+6j+1 = 6(6kj+k+j)+1

or a multiplication of a 6n+1 by a 6n-1:

(6k+1)(6j-1)=36kj-6k+6j-1 = 6(6kj-k+j)-1

assuming one of these values in the multiplication isn't 1 these are all composite. you can also use the fact that if prime r divides even one r will divide every r th one etc.

Last fiddled with by science_man_88 on 2017-05-15 at 13:14
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-15, 16:01   #6
Capncrap
 
"Jonathan lafrance g"
May 2017
Maniwaki, quebec, ca

32 Posts
Default

So its possible that a number on 11, 17,23,29+ 30n that is not prime, could be factoring by other number than (11,17,23,29+30a)(7,13,19,31+30b), can iget an example? Where there are somes logicals limits. In my opinion there is no formula for prime but an absence of solution for all possible primes on ,7,11,13, 19,23,29, 31+30n, also i think prime is a relation to multiple of 6 but whatever, ill leave theses researchs to high end brain, cause I cant sleep since I started to work on it.
Capncrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-15, 16:11   #7
CRGreathouse
 
CRGreathouse's Avatar
 
Aug 2006

5,987 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncrap View Post
So its possible that a number on 11, 17,23,29+ 30n that is not prime, could be factoring by other number than (11,17,23,29+30a)(7,13,19,31+30b), can iget an example?
Let me see if I understand. Are you asking
Is there an example of a composite number which is 11, 17, 23, or 29 mod 30 which is not of the form ab where a is 11, 17, 23, or 29 mod 30 and b is 1, 7, 13, or 19 mod 30?
CRGreathouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-15, 19:50   #8
Capncrap
 
"Jonathan lafrance g"
May 2017
Maniwaki, quebec, ca

32 Posts
Default

For example, 161, is on 11+30n , and 6a-1, his factors are 7 and 23 then, it,s like (6b+1)*(6c-1) = 6n-1 , is there any form of (6b+1)(6c+1) or (6b-1)(6c-1) = 6n-1, excluding 5,25+30n demonstration on a forum but they say it,s weak because I have no knowledge for demonstration. But if my hypothese is true think i would be easy to determine if a number on 6a-1 is prime.

If you know the number of false prime on 6n-1 under n/7, then all possibilities:

11 * | 7, 13, 19, 31, 37, until 11*a<= n/7
17
23
29

...
Until Closest number to n/7

then you want to test the closest number over last one, but the limits of n/7 will change and it can produce new factors , but since those 2 numbers are close, they share a lot of same factors under n/7, in my opinion if theyre is no new solution, than your number should beprime

Also on a cycle of 30 they re 4 possibilities for 6n-1, so its easy to determine how manysolutions you can get on a number

Last fiddled with by Capncrap on 2017-05-15 at 19:53 Reason: precision
Capncrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-15, 20:54   #9
science_man_88
 
science_man_88's Avatar
 
"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

24·3·52·7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncrap View Post
For example, 161, is on 11+30n , and 6a-1, his factors are 7 and 23 then, it,s like (6b+1)*(6c-1) = 6n-1 , is there any form of (6b+1)(6c+1) or (6b-1)(6c-1) = 6n-1, excluding 5,25+30n demonstration on a forum but they say it,s weak because I have no knowledge for demonstration. But if my hypothese is true think i would be easy to determine if a number on 6a-1 is prime.

If you know the number of false prime on 6n-1 under n/7, then all possibilities:

11 * | 7, 13, 19, 31, 37, until 11*a<= n/7
17
23
29

...
Until Closest number to n/7

then you want to test the closest number over last one, but the limits of n/7 will change and it can produce new factors , but since those 2 numbers are close, they share a lot of same factors under n/7, in my opinion if theyre is no new solution, than your number should beprime

Also on a cycle of 30 they re 4 possibilities for 6n-1, so its easy to determine how manysolutions you can get on a number
you realize that multiplying any two from the same side of a multiple of 6 either the negative side or the positive side doesn't give you a negative side number right ...
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-16, 17:21   #10
Capncrap
 
"Jonathan lafrance g"
May 2017
Maniwaki, quebec, ca

32 Posts
Default

I predicted 83 primes on (0-1000) on 11,17,23,29+30p

1000/11 ->90,90 -> 90
1000/7 -> 142.85 -> 142

So i know 90 is max on 7,13,19,31+30q
And 142 max on 11,17,23,29+30r

So: possible answer

1000/30 :33.333 but between 990 and 1000 there is nothing cause 11+30(33)=1001
Then 33 group of 4 possibilities : 132

So we can calculate non prime number

11 *| 7, 13,19,31,37,43,49,61,67,73,79 -> 11 possibilities
17*| 7,13,19,31,37,43,49 -> 7 possibilities
23*| 7,13,19,31,37,43 -> 6possibilities
29*| 7, 13,19,31 -> 4 possibilities
41* | 7,13,19 -> 3
47*| 7,13,19 -> 3
53*| 7,13-> 2
59*|7,13 -> 2
71*| 7,13 -> 2
77*| 7 ->1
83 *| 7->1
89. -> 1
101 ->1
107->1
113 ->1
119 -> 1
131-> 1
137->1
For a total of 49 possibilities
132-49 = there are 83 primes on 6n-1 between0-1000
Capncrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-16, 17:32   #11
Capncrap
 
"Jonathan lafrance g"
May 2017
Maniwaki, quebec, ca

32 Posts
Default

Under my rule , 6p-1=( 6q-1)(6r+1)
6q-1= 6s-1 * 6t+1 you can keep going
6r+1 is -1 * -1 or +1*+1 ->> (-1*+1) * (-1*+1) but always remind 6r+1
So my logic is if there at least one 6q-1 or 6r+1 that divide 6p-1 then its non prime
Capncrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offizieller Riemann-Hypothese Faden ThomRuley Math 60 2021-11-16 10:45
(M48) NEW MERSENNE PRIME! LARGEST PRIME NUMBER DISCOVERED! dabaichi News 571 2020-10-26 11:02
Twin Prime Days, Prime Day Clusters cuBerBruce Puzzles 3 2014-12-01 18:15
disk died, prime work lost forever? where to put prime? on SSD or HDD? emily PrimeNet 3 2013-03-01 05:49
How do I determine the xth-highest prime on prime pages? jasong Data 7 2005-09-13 20:41

All times are UTC. The time now is 15:12.


Mon Oct 3 15:12:54 UTC 2022 up 46 days, 12:41, 1 user, load averages: 1.44, 1.58, 1.48

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔