mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Hardware > GPU Computing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-23, 19:19   #78
Bdot
 
Bdot's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Germany

3·199 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Indeed. That is only valid for mfakto, but hopefully not for long either, work is being done (by Bdot and co., if I not mistaken) to add OpenCL GPU sieving too.
I finally released mfakto 0.13 which features GPU sieving similar to mfaktc 0.20. It can be found at http://mersenneforum.org/mfakto/.

Maybe someone could update the thread's entry post (download URL & GPU sieving) and the GPU cheat sheet (also, download URL and GPU sieving)?
Bdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 00:40   #79
kracker
 
kracker's Avatar
 
"Mr. Meeseeks"
Jan 2012
California, USA

32·241 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdot View Post
I finally released mfakto 0.13 which features GPU sieving similar to mfaktc 0.20. It can be found at http://mersenneforum.org/mfakto/.

Maybe someone could update the thread's entry post (download URL & GPU sieving) and the GPU cheat sheet (also, download URL and GPU sieving)?
I know I asked this before but still, I'm not sure on "GIMPS score estim.", as my low end HD 7770(~$120) does around 175 GHz on DC range, 150 in LL range.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	9788  
kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 12:35   #80
roemer2201
 
Dec 2008
127.0.0.1

2·7 Posts
Default

Q: Is it possible to change the working directory of mfaktc?

If not, is this the right place for the feature request?
roemer2201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 12:48   #81
kladner
 
kladner's Avatar
 
"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

2×3×1,693 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roemer2201 View Post
Q: Is it possible to change the working directory of mfaktc?

If not, is this the right place for the feature request?
From mfaktc.ini, about 1/3 from the top-
Code:
# WorkFile: the name of the file which contains the factoring assignments.
# e.g.
# worktodo.ini (Prime95 v24 and earlier)
# worktodo.txt (Prime95 v25 and newer)
#
# Default: WorkFile=worktodo.txt

WorkFile=worktodo.txt
Besides this, you can put mfaktc just about anywhere so long as your batch files, if any, have the right path in them. "Program Files (x86)" in Win 7 is not a good place.
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 13:11   #82
roemer2201
 
Dec 2008
127.0.0.1

2×7 Posts
Default

The Worktodo-File is just one part, can I change the place for the checkpoint-files and result files, too? If I install mfaktc into a usual installation directory like /usr/local/bin, users wont have write-permission for the ckp-files. Thats the reason why I was asking for a whole working-directory. Or does mfaktc store ckp-files and the results along with the worktodo.txt?
roemer2201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 19:40   #83
kladner
 
kladner's Avatar
 
"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

2×3×1,693 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roemer2201 View Post
The Worktodo-File is just one part, can I change the place for the checkpoint-files and result files, too? If I install mfaktc into a usual installation directory like /usr/local/bin, users wont have write-permission for the ckp-files. Thats the reason why I was asking for a whole working-directory. Or does mfaktc store ckp-files and the results along with the worktodo.txt?
Sorry. I was speaking from presumption of Windows. Worktodo, results, and *.ckp files all live in the program directory in Windows. The reason I said "Program Files (x86)" should be avoided is similar to the /usr/local/bin you reference. There are problems with write permissions.

I hope one of the Linux-savvy people will pick this up and give you better answers. Linux or not, I'm not sure if other .ini lines for file locations are possible.
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 18:23   #84
TheJudger
 
TheJudger's Avatar
 
"Oliver"
Mar 2005
Germany

11·101 Posts
Default

mfaktc.ini, checkpoint files, results.txt and worktodo.txt within the same directory or in different directories? For the first case it is really simple (Windows and Linux):
  1. put mfaktc.exe into some directory (e.g "C:\programm files\" or "/usr/local/bin/")
  2. create your working directory
  3. put your worktodo.txt and mfaktc.ini into the working directory
  4. start <some directory>/mfaktc.exe in this directory
not even needed to modify mfaktc.ini

Oliver

Last fiddled with by TheJudger on 2013-06-26 at 18:23
TheJudger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 02:08   #85
firejuggler
 
firejuggler's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Over the rainbow

43×59 Posts
Default

Don't forget the dll
firejuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 09:53   #86
roemer2201
 
Dec 2008
127.0.0.1

2×7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudger View Post
mfaktc.ini, checkpoint files, results.txt and worktodo.txt within the same directory or in different directories? For the first case it is really simple (Windows and Linux):
  1. put mfaktc.exe into some directory (e.g "C:\programm files\" or "/usr/local/bin/")
  2. create your working directory
  3. put your worktodo.txt and mfaktc.ini into the working directory
  4. start <some directory>/mfaktc.exe in this directory
not even needed to modify mfaktc.ini

Oliver
So mfaktc allways uses the "pwd" as a workingdirectory? To this i can not agree. I'll attach my mfaktc startskript. There you can see that my pwd is $HOME and I launch the program with ~/bin/mfaktc-0.20/mfaktc.exe. According to your description mfaktc should look for the worktodo.ini directly in my $HOME, right? But what it actually does is that it reads/writes all related files to ~/bin/mfaktc-0.20.
Attached Files
File Type: tgz mfaktc-screen-locked.sh.tgz (10.0 KB, 110 views)

Last fiddled with by roemer2201 on 2013-06-27 at 09:53
roemer2201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 21:34   #87
TheJudger
 
TheJudger's Avatar
 
"Oliver"
Mar 2005
Germany

11×101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roemer2201 View Post
So mfaktc allways uses the "pwd" as a workingdirectory? To this i can not agree. I'll attach my mfaktc startskript. There you can see that my pwd is $HOME and I launch the program with ~/bin/mfaktc-0.20/mfaktc.exe. According to your description mfaktc should look for the worktodo.ini directly in my $HOME, right? But what it actually does is that it reads/writes all related files to ~/bin/mfaktc-0.20.
It should use cwd for all files read an written:
Code:
somehost:/tmp # ls -la foo/ bar/
bar/:
total 140
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   4096 Jun 27 23:29 .
drwxrwxrwt 9 root root 114688 Jun 27 23:26 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root     40 Jun 27 23:29 M66362159.ckp
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   8730 Jun 27 23:27 mfaktc.ini
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root     28 Jun 27 23:29 worktodo.txt

foo/:
total 764
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   4096 Jun 27 23:27 .
drwxrwxrwt 9 root root 114688 Jun 27 23:26 ..
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 652622 Jun 27 23:27 mfaktc.exe

somehost:/tmp # cd bar/
somehost:/tmp/bar # ../foo/mfaktc.exe
mfaktc v0.20 (64bit built)
[...]
got assignment: exp=66362159 bit_min=64 bit_max=65 (0.06 GHz-days)
Starting trial factoring M66362159 from 2^64 to 2^65 (0.06 GHz-days)
 k_min = 138985409640
 k_max = 277970824814
Using GPU kernel "barrett76_mul32_gs"

found a valid checkpoint file!
  last finished class was: 105
  found 0 factor(s) already
[...]
Please check
Code:
ls -la /proc/<PID of mfaktc>/cwd
Oliver
TheJudger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 08:39   #88
roemer2201
 
Dec 2008
127.0.0.1

2×7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudger View Post
[/CODE]Please check
Code:
ls -la /proc/<PID of mfaktc>/cwd
Oliver
Thanks for that tip. You are right, my cwd is the folder with the binary of mfaktc. So it should be easy to customize the script to my needs.
roemer2201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is Trial Factoring? Unregistered Information & Answers 5 2012-08-02 03:47
How much Trial Factoring to do? odin Software 4 2010-08-08 20:23
How far to do trial factoring S485122 PrimeNet 1 2007-09-06 00:52
How to only do Trial Factoring? michael Software 23 2004-01-06 08:54
About trial factoring gbvalor Math 4 2003-05-22 02:04

All times are UTC. The time now is 06:50.

Sun Apr 18 06:50:04 UTC 2021 up 10 days, 1:30, 0 users, load averages: 1.93, 1.71, 1.69

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.