mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > New To GIMPS? Start Here! > Information & Answers

Old 2007-11-01, 01:35   #1
jasong

"Jason Goatcher"
Mar 2005

5·701 Posts
Default Minimum primes of various forms database?

Does anyone know of a database or program that's free as in beer AND freedom which can give the first, say, million primes or prime combinations of various forms? I'm not saying it would be useful, but it could be a sort of complement(yes, I mean the word spelled with an e instead of an i) to Prime Pages.

Or maybe someone could come up with programs for the various platforms(Linux, Windows and MacIntel) which generate the numbers up to a limit or when stopped. So you might want the first million twin prime combinations or the first million twins.

After I hit Submit, I'm going to see if NewPGen can help accomplish any of this. It might simply be a matter of me coming up with instructions for running NewPGen that people could follow.
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 01:58   #2
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
Does anyone know of a database or program that's free as in beer AND freedom which can give the first, say, million primes or prime combinations of various forms? I'm not saying it would be useful, but it could be a sort of complement(yes, I mean the word spelled with an e instead of an i) to Prime Pages.

Or maybe someone could come up with programs for the various platforms(Linux, Windows and MacIntel) which generate the numbers up to a limit or when stopped. So you might want the first million twin prime combinations or the first million twins.

After I hit Submit, I'm going to see if NewPGen can help accomplish any of this. It might simply be a matter of me coming up with instructions for running NewPGen that people could follow.
I think the Prime Pages has lists of this sort somewhere.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote