mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-09-13, 23:30   #1
GP2
 
GP2's Avatar
 
Sep 2003

29×89 Posts
Default PrimeNet report showing blank usernames (for usernames with accented letters)

For instance, for M3496147:

The exponent report shows two users: Dax Prather and Dariusz Jamio³a

(That name should read Jamioła, it is Windows-1250 encoding being displayed as Latin-1.)

However, the LL report shows only the first user, and the second username is blank.

It seems to affect some but not all of the usernames that contain 8-bit characters.
GP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 01:55   #2
Madpoo
Serpentine Vermin Jar
 
Madpoo's Avatar
 
Jul 2014

29×113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP2 View Post
For instance, for M3496147:

The exponent report shows two users: Dax Prather and Dariusz Jamio³a

(That name should read Jamioła, it is Windows-1250 encoding being displayed as Latin-1.)

However, the LL report shows only the first user, and the second username is blank.

It seems to affect some but not all of the usernames that contain 8-bit characters.
Fixed... the output was missing a UTF-8 conversion before going through an html entity conversion. The special char must have clobbered the output entirely.

We (by we, I mean James) had tweaked pages to convert to utf-8 for some of those things and I wondered at the time if we'd run into more... and there it was.
Madpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 07:44   #3
GP2
 
GP2's Avatar
 
Sep 2003

50258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoo View Post
Fixed... the output was missing a UTF-8 conversion before going through an html entity conversion. The special char must have clobbered the output entirely.
From a quick download (I haven't checked beyond 3.5M yet), there's still a couple of blank usernames, both from July 1999:

Code:
2675773,,,42A63D0DF4CA60B6,,1999-07-04 00:00 (exponent report) (LL results report)
2683567,,,6B1432008F578777,,1999-07-12 00:00 (exponent report) (LL results report)
These show up as blank in both the exponents report and the LL report. Might be an old issue, it looks like they were blank in June as well.

Edit:
Same with M3567247 (exp report) (LL report), again with a result returned in July 1999.

Last fiddled with by GP2 on 2016-09-14 at 07:50
GP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 11:30   #4
GP2
 
GP2's Avatar
 
Sep 2003

29·89 Posts
Default

Here's a list of blank usernames for exponents under 10M:

Code:
2675773,,,42A63D0DF4CA60B6,,1999-07-04 00:00
2683567,,,6B1432008F578777,,1999-07-12 00:00
3567247,,,CE11B80D0B0D1B0E,,1999-07-27 00:00
6630641,,home2,D3FFDE69FEE6BF11,00030200,2001-04-29 00:00
7351699,,C409A5ABA,9C55D4D2404415C3,,2002-01-28 00:00
7778957,,CEE6988BB,4AB3953CB22DCBD8,,2002-09-07 00:00
7821629,,CEE6988BB,73206F7081C349EC,,2002-11-09 00:00
7878461,,,9BA7C2D23F8157DC,,1999-08-31 00:00
7987781,,CEE6988BB,5957E9FF178A9146,,2002-07-06 00:00
8055337,,CEE6988BB,EB1F0E0AD6DD6788,,2002-08-17 00:00
8226649,,,7BD6BCC380BC48F6,,1999-10-07 00:00
8295317,,CEE6988BB,35A33F381290D6EC,,2002-12-02 00:00
8321743,,CEE6988BB,689D54EB9954ECAA,,2002-09-22 00:00
8382089,,CEE6988BB,EBF72610490F5902,,2002-10-07 00:00
8443531,,C6F972695,6DC27A01161A99B9,,2002-12-16 00:00
8479967,,CEE6988BB,D1F6817BB3AAD1F5,,2002-10-26 00:00
8680921,,CEE6988BB,916EBFDEF462151A,,2002-12-16 00:00
8779201,,CEE6988BB,D27B5667D7E16BAE,,2002-12-31 00:00
8834939,,CEE6988BB,FE5C88216126B200,,2003-01-25 00:00
8866873,,CEE6988BB,FB4CB0BB5DB76B81,,2003-02-09 00:00
8878229,,C78DBFB9F,E11A57DCBE11D9CF,,2003-07-21 00:00
8962799,,CEE6988BB,AB449F040722631E,,2003-03-07 00:00
9034567,,CEE6988BB,39C6097AB2279EC8,,2003-06-30 00:00
9086897,,CEE6988BB,3415C152F257CE7A,,2003-04-03 00:00
9259759,,CEE6988BB,7E78A6D52B4B5E96,,2003-04-19 00:00
9336989,,CEE6988BB,3CA6D3A449AF6215,,2003-05-11 00:00
9445753,,CEE6988BB,037B13DD605B2F4F,,2003-06-06 00:00
9684133,,CEE6988BB,624F12538270B3E3,,2003-07-21 00:00
9802073,,CEE6988BB,CEACBD1C68CABA39,,2003-08-25 00:00
9892031,,CEE6988BB,8EC1342074CC5E7C,,2003-09-09 00:00
GP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 16:20   #5
Madpoo
Serpentine Vermin Jar
 
Madpoo's Avatar
 
Jul 2014

29×113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP2 View Post
From a quick download (I haven't checked beyond 3.5M yet), there's still a couple of blank usernames, both from July 1999:

Code:
2675773,,,42A63D0DF4CA60B6,,1999-07-04 00:00 (exponent report) (LL results report)
2683567,,,6B1432008F578777,,1999-07-12 00:00 (exponent report) (LL results report)
These show up as blank in both the exponents report and the LL report. Might be an old issue, it looks like they were blank in June as well.

Edit:
Same with M3567247 (exp report) (LL report), again with a result returned in July 1999.
Working as designed there... some legacy users (pre 2008'ish, and especially some earlier than that) do in fact have a blank display name. Under the current Primenet setup, their name would default to "anonymous" if they didn't want to put something in there.

There are 404 legacy users with a blank display name, and between them all there are 292 LL tests. Looks like you found all 30 under 10M.

The largest such exponent is:
http://www.mersenne.org/report_ll/?exp_lo=43068899
Madpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 15:57   #6
GP2
 
GP2's Avatar
 
Sep 2003

1010000101012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoo View Post
Working as designed there... some legacy users (pre 2008'ish, and especially some earlier than that) do in fact have a blank display name. Under the current Primenet setup, their name would default to "anonymous" if they didn't want to put something in there.

There are 404 legacy users with a blank display name, and between them all there are 292 LL tests. Looks like you found all 30 under 10M.

The largest such exponent is:
http://www.mersenne.org/report_ll/?exp_lo=43068899
I forgot to check this when you first posted it.

As of Sept 22, I count 293 and the largest is M47567797. Presumably that one was recently blanked? Otherwise some other rare bug.
GP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 15:37   #7
Madpoo
Serpentine Vermin Jar
 
Madpoo's Avatar
 
Jul 2014

29×113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP2 View Post
I forgot to check this when you first posted it.

As of Sept 22, I count 293 and the largest is M47567797. Presumably that one was recently blanked? Otherwise some other rare bug.
Ah, it was my fault for not realizing that column allowed nulls. So, correction, there are a total of 503 legacy users with *either* a blank name *or* null.
Madpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Primenet V4 / V5 usernames Peter Nelson Information & Answers 8 2008-11-01 10:25
Tested exponents not showing in the report? Boulder PrimeNet 3 2008-08-19 09:41
PrimeNet Report ZFR PrimeNet 4 2008-02-13 12:14
Asterisk in Primenet Account Report jinydu PrimeNet 5 2006-10-30 02:55
Core 2 Duo in primenet report tha PrimeNet 3 2006-08-06 22:19

All times are UTC. The time now is 21:35.

Tue Oct 27 21:35:19 UTC 2020 up 47 days, 18:46, 2 users, load averages: 2.01, 2.03, 1.95

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.