mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Other Stuff > Archived Projects > ElevenSmooth

Old 2003-11-20, 05:07   #1
Citrix

Jun 2003

112×13 Posts
Default Status

Is there a status page to this project or what is the current status?

Citrix
Old 2003-11-20, 06:05   #2
wblipp

"William"
May 2003
New Haven

2×32×131 Posts
Default Re: Status

Quote:
Originally posted by Citrix
Is there a status page to this project or what is the current status?
There is an ElevenSmooth Web Site. It includes a page for all Factors Found by ElevenSmooth.

I think of the Factors Page as the status, but there are other measures, too. The smallest composite, the C149 from M(1575), has had about 2% of the curves for 50 digit factors (B1=43M). The other five composiites under 200 digits have finished 55% of the search for 40 digit factors (B1=3M). The Special Project is about half way through the search for 25 digit factors (B1=50K). The Special Project has found 13 factors at this level. The most recently discovered factor was about an hour ago from the ECM Server, but I won't get around to a proper announcement until tomorrow.

The web site is the class project for a class on "Introduction to Web Design." In a few weeks I will make a presentation to the class. I'm planning to make it a pitch to get them involved in the project, and I'm preparing that presentation as a set of web pages. Soon I'll be asking everyone here for comments on the presentation.

Is there anything else you'd like to know?
Old 2003-11-20, 06:15   #3
Citrix

Jun 2003

30458 Posts
Default bits

How many bits is the number obtained, after dividing M3326400 with all the prime factors found?

Citrix
Old 2003-11-20, 11:37   #4
alpertron

Aug 2002
Buenos Aires, Argentina

52×53 Posts
Default Re: Re: Status

Quote:
Originally posted by wblipp
I think of the Factors Page as the status, but there are other measures, too. The smallest composite, the C149 from M(1575), has had about 2% of the curves for 50 digit factors (B1=43M). The other five composiites under 200 digits have finished 55% of the search for 40 digit factors (B1=3M). The Special Project is about half way through the search for 25 digit factors (B1=50K). The Special Project has found 13 factors at this level. The most recently discovered factor was about an hour ago from the ECM Server, but I won't get around to a proper announcement until tomorrow.

Please notice that the GMP-ECM version you are using has bugs, so some prime factors cannot appear. You have to upgrade the client to use version 5.03. See http://www.loria.fr/~zimmerma/records/ecmnet.html for more information.
Old 2003-11-20, 14:31   #5
wblipp

"William"
May 2003
New Haven

2×32×131 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Status

Quote:
Originally posted by alpertron
Please notice that the GMP-ECM version you are using has bugs, ... See http://www.loria.fr/~zimmerma/records/ecmnet.html for more information.
The link contains a test to confirm that your version has the bug. According to this test, our version does not have this bug - at least on my machine. We are using an unusual release that was made available by Jim Fougerson on the Yahoo Prime Numbers Group.
Old 2003-11-20, 14:32   #6
ET_
Banned

"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

10010100111102 Posts

You mean both Linux and Windows versions, don't you?

Luigi
Old 2003-11-20, 15:01   #7
wblipp

"William"
May 2003
New Haven

1001001101102 Posts
Default Re: bits

Quote:
Originally posted by Citrix
How many bits is the number obtained, after dividing M3326400 with all the prime factors found?
I don't know. The number so obtained has over 150 known factors, each factor being composite. These are the Primitive Factors and the Aurifeuillian Factors.
Old 2003-11-20, 15:06   #8
wblipp

"William"
May 2003
New Haven

93616 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by ET_
You mean both Linux and Windows versions, don't you?
Good point. We don't directly distribute a Linux version, we only provide llinks for how to get a Linux version. We also make no attempt to enforce the ECM version used in Windows, so some users from previous ECM projects may have buggy versions.

People using an ECM version different from the one downloadable from the ElevenSmooth site should apply the bug test.
Old 2003-11-20, 18:34   #9
Gipe

Nov 2003
Thailand

11 Posts
Default Re: Re: Status

Quote:
Originally posted by wblipp
There is an ElevenSmooth Web Site. It includes a page for all Factors Found by ElevenSmooth.

The web site is the class project for a class on "Introduction to Web Design." In a few weeks I will make a presentation to the class. I'm planning to make it a pitch to get them involved in the project, and I'm preparing that presentation as a set of web pages. Soon I'll be asking everyone here for comments on the presentation.

Is there anything else you'd like to know?
I personally would like to see that 11smooth would have statuspage on their website. For example, one where you could see what percentage of certain number have been completed.
There is available some info regarding mandelbrot-server , but it has not been updated since WWII

Just my 2 satangs,

Gipe
Old 2004-02-16, 07:11   #10
Citrix

Jun 2003

30458 Posts

Where can one find all the unfactored numbers left? Can we use GMP-ECM on these numbers?

Citrix
Old 2004-02-16, 17:57   #11
wblipp

"William"
May 2003
New Haven

2·32·131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrix
Where can one find all the unfactored numbers left? Can we use GMP-ECM on these numbers?
Numbers in the ECM Server can be found through this question in the FAQ . The extent of ECM work completed on them can tracked through the Progress Page. These numbers are already being factored by GMP-ECM.

There are over eighty other composites that are at present being facrored only by the Special Project. The identity of these numbers can be seen on Special Project Planner Page. The largest of these factors are more efficiently tested with Prime95, and the smaller factors are tested as freebies with the larger ones. So these factors could be tested with GMP-ECM, but it makes more sense to continue using Prime95 for a while.

At the present time the active work is focused on GMP-ECM for those numbers with sufficient work that any new factor is likely to qualify for the Top Ten Page. We've continued longer than expected on this project because a temporary boost in computing power has enabled us to keep many numbers in the feasible range longer than expected. That temporary boost will disappear around the end of February. When that happens, I expect to return to fuller ECM search and to launch a new phase of the Special Project.

William