mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Factoring

Old 2010-05-24, 13:43   #947
joral

Mar 2008

5×11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyb View Post
Thanks for the update, Paul. Can I put in a plug for using this opportunity to upgrade the server to a more recent version (I believe the latest is 2.7.3)? It would be really nice to be able to see the server's current tables via a web browser.
Personally, that would be fine with me. I just looked at the ecmnet download, and I have a silly question. How do you set that up? Or does the server respond to a GET command over it's normal command port?
joral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 16:19   #948
jyb

Aug 2005
Seattle, WA

1,567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joral View Post
Personally, that would be fine with me. I just looked at the ecmnet download, and I have a silly question. How do you set that up? Or does the server respond to a GET command over it's normal command port?
The latter. There is no additional setup on the server host. The ecmnet server simply has a special case where it parses a GET command, consults its tables, and then spews a bunch of HTML back to the client.
jyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 18:14   #949
xilman
Bamboozled!

"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

2×3×1,709 Posts
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
My plan is to convert Phil's server into a slave of Joral's and verify that everything mostly works most of the time (pessimist, moi?) before telling everyone to switch servers. Assuming Phil's box continues for a couple of weeks the changeover should be relatively smooth.
This work has now been completed. Phil's machine is now a slave of Justin's. The latter has been tested and seems to be working correctly.

Could everyone please change their ecmclient.cfg to point at the new server, which is located at

207.192.74.48:8194

I will shortly harvest all the contributers' email addresses which can be found in the ecmnet server's logs and send mail to them with the above request.

The old server will remain available until the end of June at the very latest. It may well disappear sooner.

Many thanks to Phil and Justin for hosting this service.

Paul
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 03:35   #950
jyb

Aug 2005
Seattle, WA

1,567 Posts

Quote:
This work has now been completed. Phil's machine is now a slave of Justin's. The latter has been tested and seems to be working correctly.

Could everyone please change their ecmclient.cfg to point at the new server, which is located at

207.192.74.48:8194

I will shortly harvest all the contributers' email addresses which can be found in the ecmnet server's logs and send mail to them with the above request.

The old server will remain available until the end of June at the very latest. It may well disappear sooner.

Many thanks to Phil and Justin for hosting this service.

Paul
And many thanks to you, Paul, for continuing to maintain these tables, as well as to Tom for running the reservation service.

I'm loving the server upgrade. It's very nice to see the server's status and curve counts all pretty-printed.
Old 2010-06-23, 08:14   #951
fatphil

May 2003

3·7·11 Posts

Quote:
I notice it's been 96 hours since the last connect, so I presume
everyone is off now. If that stays the case, I'll stick this machine in
my pocket when I head over to Tallinn tomorrow evening.

Hmmm, I guess I'll have to start contributing by actually doing some
ECM-ing now... Good luck all!
fatphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 15:42   #952
xilman
Bamboozled!

"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

2·3·1,709 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatphil View Post
I notice it's been 96 hours since the last connect, so I presume
everyone is off now. If that stays the case, I'll stick this machine in
my pocket when I head over to Tallinn tomorrow evening.

Hmmm, I guess I'll have to start contributing by actually doing some
ECM-ing now... Good luck all!
Thanks Phil. The new server has already reported two factors and all seems to be working well.
Old 2010-07-28, 13:56   #953
joral

Mar 2008

5·11 Posts

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the server was down for a short while (late last night until now) due to my having to reboot to increase system RAM.

I have restarted it.
joral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 14:39   #954
xilman
Bamboozled!

"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

2·3·1,709 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joral View Post
I don't know if anyone noticed, but the server was down for a short while (late last night until now) due to my having to reboot to increase system RAM.

I have restarted it.
Thanks Joral.

I didn't notice, mostly because my home system has crashed in such a way that power-cycling doesn't return it to life. When I get back home at the weekend I'll try to nurse it back to health and then go on to post an update of the tables.

Paul
Old 2010-08-15, 14:54   #955
xilman
Bamboozled!

"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

2·3·1,709 Posts
Default New update posted

Quote:
Thanks Joral.

I didn't notice, mostly because my home system has crashed in such a way that power-cycling doesn't return it to life. When I get back home at the weekend I'll try to nurse it back to health and then go on to post an update of the tables.

Paul
My home system has caught a nasty attack of death and I'm awaiting the arrival of its replacement.

Despite the difficulties, I'm just posted an update to the tables. Jon Becker found all the factors in this update. He also found that some composites are not loaded into the ECMnet server. I've not managed to include them yet but will attempt to do so before the next update.

There are now 698 composites remaining.

Paul
Old 2010-08-19, 21:51   #956
jyb

Aug 2005
Seattle, WA

1,567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi_HB View Post
I have a Question about the Reservation Page for Homogeneous Cunningham numbers.
There is 11^203-9^203 listed with a GNFS difficulty of 124.3 digits.
Where can i find all known factors of this number?
In the Database is only a C171 and i don`t want to search a known factor again if i make a Reservation for this number.

Regards Andi_HB
I assume that by "Database" you mean Xilman's tables. The 46-digit factor which took this number from a C171 down to a C125 was only found yesterday, so it hasn't yet made it into the tables. But here's a good trick: if you follow the link to reserve the number on the reservation page (the one labeled "here"), then it will show you the composite that you're reserving, the C125 in this case. And you don't even have to reserve at that point if you don't want to.
Old 2010-08-19, 22:08   #957
Andi_HB

Mar 2007
Germany

23×3×11 Posts

Ok - thanks.
BTW with Database i mean Syd`s Database.
The 46 digit number is now also this Database.
Andi_HB is offline   Reply With Quote