mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data > mersenne.ca

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-06-26, 19:51   #331
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

1100001101012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruoli View Post
I looked up M3643 and it shows an actual TF limit of 2209
Ah, that's something different. My previous fix was for the spurious entry under Trial Factoring Results.
This was an entirely different bit of archaic code doing unexpected things. Which has also now been pulled aside and told to stop its nonsense.
Did I miss anything else?
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-26, 20:32   #332
kruoli
 
kruoli's Avatar
 
"Oliver"
Sep 2017
Porta Westfalica, DE

331 Posts
Default

At least I can confirm my problem is now fixed (after Ctrl+F5, really necessary!). Thanks!
kruoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 02:26   #333
snme2pm1
 
"Graham uses ISO 8601"
Mar 2014
AU, Sydney

3618 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snme2pm1 View Post
I guess that we're not connecting on this issue.
Another instance confirming the prior mentioned behaviour.
Consider 118078879 factor found and lodged 2020-06-28 23:12.
The .ca information reflects a 75 bit result, whereas in reality it would have better been disposed as factor found.
Some order of daily operations might be at issue.
snme2pm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 02:34   #334
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502
 
Uncwilly's Avatar
 
"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

25·3·7·13 Posts
Default

CTRL-F5.

I see it here. (Factor for 118078879, not 118078879 as a factor)
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 02:45   #335
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snme2pm1 View Post
Another instance confirming the prior mentioned behaviour.
Consider 118078879 factor found and lodged 2020-06-28 23:12.
The .ca information reflects a 75 bit result, whereas in reality it would have better been disposed as factor found.
Some order of daily operations might be at issue.
I'm not sure what your question is or what you think should be happening that's not?
https://www.mersenne.ca/exponent/118078879
It shows your factor (found, as you say, at 2020-06-28 23:12) under both Known Prime Factors and Trial Factoring Results.
Although the time you posted your message (approx 100 minutes ago) was slightly before the server even started processing the daily export record, and it takes anywhere from 30-90 minutes to process (depending on how many results were submitted that day). So you're clearly checking too early. Assume as rule that results will not show up on mersenne.ca until 0600h UTC the next day.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 03:04   #336
snme2pm1
 
"Graham uses ISO 8601"
Mar 2014
AU, Sydney

241 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
So you're clearly checking too early. Assume as rule that results will not show up on mersenne.ca until 0600h UTC the next day.
Yes I have noticed that the .ca view is updated at some time like that.
Time zones are a nuisance! But I'm talking about the prior period.
Yet I an vacant for an idea as to why 118078879 was regarded at .ca as 75 bit result rather than factor found, according to the view of https://www.mersenne.ca/status/tf/20200628/0/4/11800
snme2pm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 03:14   #337
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snme2pm1 View Post
Yet I an vacant for an idea as to why 118078879 was regarded at .ca as 75 bit result rather than factor found, according to the view of https://www.mersenne.ca/status/tf/20200628/0/4/11800
Because, at the time the report is produced (immediately after the mersenne.org data is imported) the day's factors will likely not all have finished being imported into mersenne.ca -- when the mersenne.org results are parsed the day's new factors are inserted into the processing queue and ingested over the next minutes or hours (depending how many factors are in the queue and how many factors were discovered that day). Processing factors (checking that they're prime, checking they belong to the claimed exponent, etc) takes some time. Not much time, but when there are thousands (sometimes tens of thousands) of new factors it adds up, so they're processed on an as-soon-as-feasible basis in the factor queue. This may lead to the situation you describe where a factor found late in the day is not yet imported by the time the status report is generated. But it will be by the next day.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 03:33   #338
snme2pm1
 
"Graham uses ISO 8601"
Mar 2014
AU, Sydney

241 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
This may lead to the situation you describe where a factor found late in the day is not yet imported by the time the status report is generated. But it will be by the next day.
I doubt that Arron would willingly agree as to a lapse in processing capacity, and the lodging of results was not particularly late in the day (not last minute as previously).

Last fiddled with by snme2pm1 on 2020-06-30 at 04:18 Reason: Need to check spelling and grammar earlier!
snme2pm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 06:21   #339
snme2pm1
 
"Graham uses ISO 8601"
Mar 2014
AU, Sydney

3618 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
Because...imported into mersenne.ca -- when the mersenne.org results are parsed the day's new factors are inserted into the processing queue
Are you suggesting that your input is from multiple channels?
As a programmer I always hate the potential for multiple definitions for anything.
snme2pm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 13:48   #340
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

60658 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snme2pm1 View Post
lodging of results was not particularly late in the day (not last minute as previously).
23h12m is later than 95.8% of the rest of the day's results, therefore firmly to the end of the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snme2pm1 View Post
I doubt that Arron would willingly agree as to a lapse in processing capacity, and the lodging of results was not particularly late in the day (not last minute as previously).
Not sure what Aaron has to do with anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snme2pm1 View Post
Are you suggesting that your input is from multiple channels?
What multiple channels? Data <1000M comes from mersenne.org, >1000M is submitted by users directly. So I suppose two non-overlapping channels, yes.

Last fiddled with by James Heinrich on 2020-06-30 at 14:09
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 17:30   #341
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
Because, at the time the report is produced (immediately after the mersenne.org data is imported) the day's factors will likely not all have finished being imported into mersenne.ca
I have added some complexity and separated out the report generation into a separate job that will attempt to run 1-2 hours after the data import job, but it will check the factor queue and wait until all of yesterday's factors are processed before compiling the report.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Small inconsistencies between mersenne.org and mersenne.ca factor databases GP2 mersenne.ca 44 2016-06-19 19:29
mersenne.ca (ex mersenne-aries.sili.net) LaurV mersenne.ca 8 2013-11-25 21:01
Gaussian-Mersenne & Eisenstein-Mersenne primes siegert81 Math 2 2011-09-19 17:36
Mersenne Wiki: Improving the mersenne primes web site by FOSS methods optim PrimeNet 13 2004-07-09 13:51

All times are UTC. The time now is 03:26.

Tue Oct 27 03:26:32 UTC 2020 up 47 days, 37 mins, 1 user, load averages: 3.51, 2.40, 1.92

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.