Subject: I am one of the Executive Directors
Date: January 28, 2012 4:10:57 PM PST

I am one of the Executive Directors

(Executive Director)
Hang Seng Bank
83 Des Voeux Road, Central
Hong Kong SAR

FOR YOUR ATTENTION

It is understandable that you might be a little bit apprehensive because you do not know me but I have a lucrative business proposal of mutual interest to share with you.

I got your reference in my search for someone who suits my proposed business relationship, I am one of the Executive Directors & Chief financial Officer of Hang Seng Bank.

I have an obscured business suggestion for you. I will need you to assist me in executing a business project from Hong Kong to your country. It involves the transfer of a huge sum of money. Everything concerning this transaction shall be legally done without hitch.

Please endeavour to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue. Once the funds have been successfully transferred into your account, we shall share in the ratio to be agreed by both of us.

I will prefer you reach me on my private email address with your complete details including telephone and fax details, Country of Residence, Occupation and Your age to (browncheng@aol.com) I will furnish you with more details on how to proceed upon receipt of your response.

Please if you are not interested, delete this email and do not hunt me because I am putting my career and the life of my family at stake with this venture.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
B. Cheng
So even though "Everything concerning this transaction shall be legally done without hitch," the (alleged) guy is so terrified for himself and his (alleged) family that he feels the need to send from a female-named (alleged) e-mail alias, but I'm supposed to reply to an (alleged) AOL address which matches his (alleged) name.

LOL at "I have an obscured business suggestion for you" :)
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 09:15   #68
cheesehead

"Richard B. Woods"
Aug 2002
Wisconsin USA

11100000101002 Posts

International businessfolks live on the edge.
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 19:52   #69
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

5,953 Posts

I just received a phone call from "Phone Scam" (according to caller ID). It was another one of those annoying calls from "Rachel at Cardholder Services". A quick google shows what they are all about.

I don't know how that got programmed into caller ID, but it would be nice to see that on all calls like that. Fortunately I can block those via the no-call list. I just wish that I could opt out of those annoying calls from politicians and their cronies. Apparently they are exempt from that provision in the law. I find that to be an interesting coincidence? The politicians claim is that "we need to contact you if there is something important". I claim that they only use it to ask for money or support.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 20:19   #70
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

8,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schickel View Post
Any one in the UK who knows knew Benzion Dunner?
I'm not from the UK but: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...-kindness.html has a picture labelled with that name. he was a rich Jewish Rabbi / philanthropist apparently.

Last fiddled with by science_man_88 on 2012-02-18 at 20:26
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 01:13   #71
1997rj7

Sep 2003

15C16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
I just wish that I could opt out of those annoying calls from politicians and their cronies. Apparently they are exempt from that provision in the law. I find that to be an interesting coincidence? The politicians claim is that "we need to contact you if there is something important". I claim that they only use it to ask for money or support.
Aren't money and votes the two most important things to politicians?
1997rj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 06:38   #72
NBtarheel_33

"Nathan"
Jul 2008
Maryland, USA

111310 Posts
Talking Are you DEAD or ALIVE?

Last fall, I had an exchange with a spammer that inquired of me whether I was dead or alive. Well, I had to tell the truth, so I sent the reply in the attached PDF...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dead or Alive Spam Reply.pdf (105.9 KB, 168 views)
NBtarheel_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 10:25   #73
xilman
Bamboozled!

"𒉺𒌌𒇷𒆷𒀭"
May 2003
Down not across

7×1,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997rj7 View Post
Hail to the Sun God!

Sure is a fun God!

Ra Ra Ra!
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 16:13   #74
jasong

"Jason Goatcher"
Mar 2005

5·701 Posts

Pepsi instead of Coke? Blasphemy!!! ;)

Other than that, excellent read.

Last fiddled with by jasong on 2012-02-19 at 16:15 Reason: Forgot the smiley
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 16:01   #75
sonjohan

May 2003
Belgium

2×139 Posts

I liked this one.
I wanted to reply to that guy telling how he failed, but hotmail blocked my sending (spam detected)... grrr.

This is what I wanted to reply...
LCC&A Are indeed located in KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA, however:
1. The phone number is incorrect, it should start with 603.
2. They don't do successions, they handle Intellectual Property.

Quote:
LiM CHONG CHUAN & ASSOCIATES SDN BHD
KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
Tel:+ 60193786763

Dear: Whoever...
My name is Barrister Lim Chong Chuan, an attorney at law chambers of Lim Chong Chuan & Associates Sdn Bhd in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
A deceased client of mine whose name is the same last name with you, who herein after shall be referred to as my client, died together with his family on December 26 -2004 as a result of Tsunami Disaster .I am contacting you because you have the same surname as my deceased client and i felt that you could help me in the distribution of fund that were left in my deceased client bank account. This fund is closed to be declared unserviceable by the bank as there were no indicated next of kin or next of beneficiary of the fund in the bank account.

The total amount in the bank account of my deceased client is US$3.7 Million ( Three Million Seven Hundred Thousand United States Dollar only.The bank had issued to me a notification to contact the next of kin of my deceased client or account will be confiscated.
My proposition to you is to seek your consent, and to present your kind self as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my deceased client, since you have the same last name with him.It means that the total fund will pay to you as his next of kin or the legitimate beneficiary. We would share the percentage on a mutually agreed-upon 60% for me and 40% to your kind self.

All the legal documents to back up the claim as my client's next-of-kin would be provided by me. This will be executed under a
legitimate arrangement that would protect you from any breach of the law.If this business proposition offends your moral and ethic values, do accept my sincere apology.
I must use this opportunity to implore you to exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this matter extraordinary confidential, whatever your decision, while I await your prompt response.Please contact me if your interested by replying the mail or ignore it if you are not.
Best regards,
Barrister Lim Chong
Tel: +60193786763
sonjohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 16:25   #76
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

5,821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjohan View Post
I liked this one.
I wanted to reply to that guy telling how he failed, but hotmail blocked my sending (spam detected)... grrr.

This is what I wanted to reply...
LCC&A Are indeed located in KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA, however:
1. The phone number is incorrect, it should start with 603.
2. They don't do successions, they handle Intellectual Property.
The phone number is 60 so the country is correct, but from what I can see here the 601..... is a cell number and 603..... is a land line. Hehe, maybe if you call the number you will get someone?
Quote:
We would share the percentage on a mutually agreed-upon 60% for me and 40% to your kind self.
I would have expected them to be a little bit more generous with the percentages. At least to offer you 70%. After all 70% of nothing is no problem for them to pay. It seems their greed is so great that they can't even bring themselves to offer you even half (of nothing), they still want the lions share (of nothing) for themselves. I like how they unilaterally dictate that the share percentages are mutually agreed. Perhaps they are not aware of the meaning of the word 'mutual'.
retina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 17:04   #77
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

22×7×317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post
The phone number is 60 so the country is correct, but from what I can see here the 601..... is a cell number and 603..... is a land line. Hehe, maybe if you call the number you will get someone?
Maybe that is all the point, some obfuscated student gave the real number of his math teacher, or ex-wife, etc.
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote