mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

186116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Max,

I just now had to shut down and restart my server machine. The screen had gone partially blank with no icons, many of the apps on the top tool bar had little red x's through them, and the servers were doing nothing. I'm not sure as to what could have caused this.

I restarted the servers like they've been done previously except that I did it directly on the machine instead of remotely.

I can confirm that ports 3000 and 4000 have started handing out work again. I can't tell yet on the others. The down time appeared to be a little over an hour.

Gary
Okay, everything looks good.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 23:22   #79
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

3·7·487 Posts

Something similar is happening again. I don't know what is causing it but I suspect it might be the memory filling up. (Maybe the load on G7000 is causing it? That would be a problem on my machine and not with PRPnet, per se.) The icons are there this time but I can't access any of the menu selections at the top including not being able to shut the computer down normally. Other functions seem to be not working either. It sounds like a full memory to me. I've never had any issues like this with any of my Linux machines in the past.

I'm going to shut the computer down and restart everything but I won't restart port G7000.

Lennart, I'm assuming that you're probably off of G7000 now but if you're not, you may want to move them else. Due to its issues, I'm not going to restart it for a while. We need to figure out what is virtually locking up my machine.

Max, all my machines have 2 GB of memory. The new server machine will have 4 GB. What I could do (if compatible) is put one of the memory sticks that will go in it into the current server machine.

Frankly, I'm not sure what to do about k=2400-2600 on the 12th drive right now. I'll have to think about it. If anyone has any thoughts, I'm all ears. I could just put one quad on it myself on PRPnet and let it hack away for days or weeks until it finishes.

Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2009-12-08 at 23:24
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 01:25   #80
Brucifer

Dec 2005

4718 Posts

Why don't you just shut it down. Send me the remains of the file and I will finish it up and then shoot the results to Max, and then Max can try and piece it all together. The other option is just send me the whole range and I'll go the whole thing. I just mentioned the first option first though cause Lennart has run a lot of that and no sense wasting his work. :-)

At any rate, that would take care of the 7000 stuff, and then the project doesn't have to worry about it and I'll jcrunch the stuff in between the other stuff.

edit: In fact, just send me all the stuff that you were going to put on 7000, and I'll just run it all here at home. As Max mentioned earlier in a thread somewhere, should only take me 4 to 6 weeks and then it's all out of our hair. :-)

Last fiddled with by Brucifer on 2009-12-09 at 01:26
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 01:44   #81
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

27F316 Posts

OK, thanks for the offer and that is under consideration Bruce. The problem is determining what is left for k=2400-2600 on PRPnet. I'll let Max make the determination on whether he thinks what is left in our candidates file is an accurate representation of what remains. Max, do you feel that is accurate? If not, any suggestions?

I know you're offering to do the whole range again but then there's the credit issue. We want to give you and Lennart appropriate credit for the work already done on G7000 and later on, we'll import what you finish up manually into the stats DB.

I've asked Max to send you k=2600-2800 for n=50K-250K. If he hasn't done that by about midnight CST, I'll send it to you. In the mean time, he has to set up a new PRPnet server for the 6th drive. Ironbit's current LLRnet server will dry out by tomorrow.

Gary
Old 2009-12-09, 03:06   #82
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
OK, thanks for the offer and that is under consideration Bruce. The problem is determining what is left for k=2400-2600 on PRPnet. I'll let Max make the determination on whether he thinks what is left in our candidates file is an accurate representation of what remains. Max, do you feel that is accurate? If not, any suggestions?

I know you're offering to do the whole range again but then there's the credit issue. We want to give you and Lennart appropriate credit for the work already done on G7000 and later on, we'll import what you finish up manually into the stats DB.

I've asked Max to send you k=2600-2800 for n=50K-250K. If he hasn't done that by about midnight CST, I'll send it to you. In the mean time, he has to set up a new PRPnet server for the 6th drive. Ironbit's current LLRnet server will dry out by tomorrow.

Gary
How about this:

-I send Bruce the files to do all of k=2400-3000 for n=50K-250K.
-Since Bruce's results will be considered "manual work" as far as stats are concerned, the G7000 results done by Lennart will make it into the DB well ahead of them anyway.
-As such, when we import Bruce's results later on, after we've gotten manual-results import up and running, the DB will give us a clear list of what's new and what's already in there. The stuff that's already in there will be imported into the doublecheck DB (which should be all set by then), and credited to Bruce as such. That will save us a bit of work when we eventually doublecheck this range.
Old 2009-12-09, 06:22   #83
Brucifer

Dec 2005

31310 Posts

That works very well Max, and good idea on the double check stuff for any overlap!!! :-) That takes care of both Lennart and my efforts which is cool.
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 07:56   #84
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

2·3·52·19 Posts

i would like to get those results, too, for checking and updating my summary pages for drive 12 for that range. all results like normal in LLR-format.

so for now i can update up to k=2399 and then it would be great if i can get results for small ranges done, like 50 or 100 k's.
thanks.
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 09:30   #85
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

3×7×487 Posts

PRPnet port 7000 is officially offline now. Bruce has manually reserved k=2400-3000 for n=50K-250K and will run a personal LLRnet server to complete the range.

The current plan is to create an LLRnet server to run n=250K-350K for the 12th drive. We'll then revisit the possibility of a PRPnet server when we're ready to start with n=350K-425K.
Old 2009-12-09, 22:19   #86
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

237638 Posts

PRPnet port 5000 for 6th drive range n=743K-750K has now been set up and is ready for clients.
Old 2009-12-11, 04:31   #87
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

624110 Posts

Daily results copying-off and status page updates are now online for G5000.

I also took the opportunity, while I was at it, to remove G7000 from the status page as it is no longer active. Note that the results from there will eventually get into the database (after Dave has cleaned up the mess in the DB from the tail end of LLRnet G7000's previous tenure). When that happens, the results will be online at http://nplb-gb1.no-ip.org/llrnet/results/ as usual, to answer Karsten's request in post #84.
Old 2009-12-13, 11:01   #88
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

3·7·487 Posts

I will be out of town Dec. 14th thru 21st; Monday to Monday. I will be on most days but my time will be more limited.

I'll be leaving for the airport around 2:00 Monday afternoon. The cable folks are coming out on the 14th morning sometime between 9 AM and noon to upgrade my service to the fixed IP address. Hopefully there are no issues there. All GB servers will probably need to be down 1-2 hours.

Max, let me know if you see any potential issues now. My time will be pressed on Monday. I hadn't planned it that way. It was just the quickest they could get me in and I didn't want to wait another week.

Obviously my IP address will change. Let me know if and how that affects the no-IP and remote access stuff on my machines.

Gary