mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Software

Old 2022-11-11, 21:16   #12
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2DEA16 Posts

Many thanks for the kind wishes, guys. In my case they were fortunately able to use a less-invasive-than-open-heart option, by successfully placing a pair of fingernail-sized MitraClips (see embedded video to right of "What is MitraClip" here) via thigh-vein access in a 4-hour procedure. But the repeated hospitalizations and complications starting with the onset of cardiac symptoms in early September and culminating in the above procedure have taken their toll. One's recovery time from physical setbacks increases roughly exponentially with age even if one has kept oneself reasonably fit, and I'll be 60 next year.

Paul, best wishes for your own upcoming surgery. I had to consult Wikipedia re. that tumor type - fortunately benign, it seems, but looks less than fun having one of these growing in one's mouth.
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 23:19   #13
paulunderwood

Sep 2002
Database er0rr

22·1,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post

Paul, best wishes for your own upcoming surgery. I had to consult Wikipedia re. that tumor type - fortunately benign, it seems, but looks less than fun having one of these growing in one's mouth.
Fortunately, despite 15 years of growth it has not inside my mouth. Otherwise they would have to extract a tooth and saw trough my jaw in order to remove the tumour. I am looking forward to recovery.
paulunderwood is online now   Reply With Quote