mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet

Old 2018-01-12, 00:11   #1
cuBerBruce

Aug 2012
Mass., USA

13E16 Posts
Default Cat 0 LL not showing up on Active Assignments page

My Cat 0 LL assignment does not show up on the Active Assignments page unless I uncheck the "Exclude double-check assignments" checkbox. With the box unchecked, it does show up as work type "LL" and not "D". This apparent bug could be related to the fact that there exists a suspect LL result for the exponent. It appears both the "Exclude first-time LL/PRP assignments" and "Exclude double-check assignments" checkboxes must be unchecked for the assignment to appear.
cuBerBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-12, 06:35   #2
Madpoo
Serpentine Vermin Jar

Jul 2014

29·113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuBerBruce View Post
My Cat 0 LL assignment does not show up on the Active Assignments page unless I uncheck the "Exclude double-check assignments" checkbox. With the box unchecked, it does show up as work type "LL" and not "D". This apparent bug could be related to the fact that there exists a suspect LL result for the exponent. It appears both the "Exclude first-time LL/PRP assignments" and "Exclude double-check assignments" checkboxes must be unchecked for the assignment to appear.
Technically it's a double-check because of the suspect result already turned in.

In terms of getting an assignment though, suspect results are treated as if they don't exist, and that's just to make sure the double-check is done quickly.

I forget the exact percentage, but suspect results are historically somewhere around 50% bad. Getting them rechecked fast is the goal.

I know... it's strange, and it's assigned as a first time check even though it's really a double-check, but hopefully that explains the "why".
Madpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-12, 20:18   #3
cuBerBruce

Aug 2012
Mass., USA

1001111102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoo View Post
I know... it's strange, and it's assigned as a first time check even though it's really a double-check, but hopefully that explains the "why".
Well, I believe that my exponent is one of the (currently) 58 exponents the Milestone page is counting as gating the <77M milestone, but the link on the Milestone brings up a page that does not include my exponent. Thus, there is a discrepancy between the count displayed in the link and the assignments that are shown when you click on that link.

It also seems strange that both checkboxes cause the assignment to be excluded.
cuBerBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 03:18   #4
Madpoo
Serpentine Vermin Jar

Jul 2014

63158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuBerBruce View Post
Well, I believe that my exponent is one of the (currently) 58 exponents the Milestone page is counting as gating the <77M milestone, but the link on the Milestone brings up a page that does not include my exponent. Thus, there is a discrepancy between the count displayed in the link and the assignments that are shown when you click on that link.

It also seems strange that both checkboxes cause the assignment to be excluded.
Yeah, I guess it's a little confusing. Double-checks of suspect results fall into a gray area.
Madpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 17:54   #5
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

157428 Posts

I changed the active assignments web page to treat retests of suspect results as first-time tests.
Prime95 is online now   Reply With Quote