mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Conjectures 'R Us

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-01-01, 22:36   #3488
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

27BE16 Posts
Default

Reserving R737 to n=300K for Ian and me.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-02, 16:38   #3489
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

2,423 Posts
Default

R624 tested to n=2.5k + sieved to 1G (2.5-10k)

19002 remain

Results emailed - Base released
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-02, 16:40   #3490
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

2,423 Posts
Default

Reserving R652 as new base using the new-base script up to 2.5k and sieving to 10k (1G) with srsieve2
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-02, 19:25   #3491
MyDogBuster
 
MyDogBuster's Avatar
 
May 2008
Wilmington, DE

5×569 Posts
Default S763

Reserving S763 to n=10K
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-03, 09:35   #3492
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

2·5,087 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirther View Post
R624 tested to n=2.5k + sieved to 1G (2.5-10k)

19002 remain

Results emailed - Base released
It turns out there were two different types of algebraic factors on this one. The first type, which would have been caught by srsieve2, has 212 k's. The second type, which would not be caught by srsieve2, has 34 k's.

This leaves 18977 k's remaining for R624 at n=2500.

Files are attached for each type of algebraic factors. See the main Riesel page for their breakdown.

I removed the applicable k's from the sieve file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt alg-riesel-base624-type1.txt (3.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: txt alg-riesel-base624-type2.txt (523 Bytes, 14 views)

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2020-01-03 at 09:49
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-03, 14:39   #3493
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

3×1,949 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
It turns out there were two different types of algebraic factors on this one. The first type, which would have been caught by srsieve2, has 212 k's. The second type, which would not be caught by srsieve2, has 34 k's.

This leaves 18977 k's remaining for R624 at n=2500.

Files are attached for each type of algebraic factors. See the main Riesel page for their breakdown.

I removed the applicable k's from the sieve file.
What is the form of the algebraic factor that srsieve2 doesn't catch?
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-03, 18:36   #3494
NHoodMath
 
Jan 2017

2×13 Posts
Default

624=16*39
624=4^2*39
Any k that is a square times the leftover non-square part of the base (39) has algebraic factors for odd n. These sometimes combine with a trivial factor (in this case 5) to eliminate the k.
For example, Riesel base 96 has algebraic factors for k=6*n^2 because 96=4^2*6, or R288 has algebraic factors for 2*n^2 because of 288=12^2*2. There are even cases where the base itself can be used as the non-square part, ex R79 where 79*n^2 has algebraic factors on odd n.

This can also happen for cubes, 5th powers, etc. but is much less likely to yield a full k elimination. Ex. R432 has algebraic factors for n=1 (mod 3) on k's where k=4*n^3, but it doesn't yield any eliminated k because 432=2*6^3, and to complete the cube in the base 2^2=4 is still needed.
NHoodMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-03, 20:34   #3495
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

2×5,087 Posts
Default

That type 2 algebraic factors that NHood described...I don't recommend that srsieve2 try to catch them...unless you want to go to a long dark place to try to code for and extensively test them. It becomes complex to attempt to nail them down correctly for all bases. The complexity of the different variations of them that NHood describes is mainly why I don't recommend it.

It's unusual for any base to have more than about 5 full k's that can be eliminated that fit that type. Obviously R624 was an exception.

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2020-01-03 at 20:38
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-04, 02:35   #3496
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

3×1,949 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
That type 2 algebraic factors that NHood described...I don't recommend that srsieve2 try to catch them...unless you want to go to a long dark place to try to code for and extensively test them. It becomes complex to attempt to nail them down correctly for all bases. The complexity of the different variations of them that NHood describes is mainly why I don't recommend it.

It's unusual for any base to have more than about 5 full k's that can be eliminated that fit that type. Obviously R624 was an exception.
srsieve2 does have code to try to detect these. I'll take a look to see why it doesn't find them.
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-04, 02:56   #3497
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

2·5,087 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
srsieve2 does have code to try to detect these. I'll take a look to see why it doesn't find them.
It does not appear to. I've found many of these types of k's even recently that I had to manually remove where people have used srsieve2.

For testing purposes, use base R624. If you can make it find 35 of these "type2" algebraic factors where the k's are completely removed then the code should be correct. The k's are documented in the "type2" named file attached to that last post.

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2020-01-04 at 03:04
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-04, 09:16   #3498
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

97716 Posts
Default

Reserving R1008 as new base using the new-base script up to 2.5k and sieving to 10k (1G) with srsieve2
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bases 251-500 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 2126 2020-08-05 17:01
Bases 101-250 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 826 2020-08-05 17:00
Bases 33-100 reservations/statuses/primes Siemelink Conjectures 'R Us 1665 2020-07-21 18:11
Bases 4-32 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 1408 2020-07-18 21:42
Riesel base 3 reservations/statuses/primes KEP Conjectures 'R Us 1040 2020-07-13 07:31

All times are UTC. The time now is 19:20.

Thu Aug 6 19:20:12 UTC 2020 up 20 days, 15:06, 2 users, load averages: 1.94, 1.89, 1.86

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.