Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

24A216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
The officer told of a woman who asked about it, to which he responded by asking her if she would point the gun at the intruder and say "Hold it!" or something like that. The woman had said she would.

To which the officer had replied, "You'd be dead."
A friend of a friend told me that they kept their 7 shot shotgun loaded with (in order) 2 rounds of snake or bird shot, 3 rounds 00 Buck, 2 slugs. The first two can be fired in a room of the house and not harm people in the adjacent rooms. Also, likely to stop or prevent harm by a bad person, while not generally doing irreparable harm to a family member accidentally shot. The 00 Buck will stop a person. (The 2 rounds of snake shot can be quickly racked out if needed). The slugs are disabling vehicles if needed.
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 22:58   #706
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

10000111101112 Posts

NRA declares bankruptcy, plans to incorporate in Texas
Quote:
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The National Rifle Association announced Friday it has filed for bankruptcy and will seek to incorporate the nation’s most politically influential gun-rights group in Texas instead of New York.

The announcement made on the NRA's website comes months after New York's attorney general sued the organization over claims that top executives illegally diverted tens of millions of dollars for lavish personal trips, no-show contracts for associates and other questionable expenditures.
<snip>
The NRA said it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in a Dallas federal court.
<snip>
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 00:35   #707
tServo

"Marv"
May 2009
near the Tannhäuser Gate

613 Posts

CBS had interviews on tonite's news with the 2 capital police officers who looked like they were in deep trouble during the riots. One was the guy who was dragged out onto the outside steps and was being pummeled by the crowd and the other one was caught in a door and being crushed by the mob pushing on it.

What I don't understand is why the other officers didn't use lethal force to save them. Don't they carry guns? I'm fairly sure I have seen them with hand guns. If there ever was a justifiable cause this sure looked like one.
Maybe the subsequent paperwork was just too onerous to make it worthwhile.
tServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 05:55   #708
masser

Jul 2003
wear a mask

1,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tServo View Post
What I don't understand is why the other officers didn't use lethal force to save them. Don't they carry guns? I'm fairly sure I have seen them with hand guns. If there ever was a justifiable cause this sure looked like one.
https://twitter.com/McCormackJohn/st...03191169757186
masser is offline   Reply With Quote