mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > And now for something completely different

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-04-27, 16:30   #111
sweety439
 
sweety439's Avatar
 
"99(4^34019)99 palind"
Nov 2016
(P^81993)SZ base 36

22×5×173 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelly View Post
factordb seems to agree that it's prime, but the forward facing certificate doesn't appear to be available. not entirely sure what's going on there, as it says it's proven prime, but doesn't have an ECPP cert attached or anything.

i'll still attach the factordb entry to a t5k post but i'm still slightly unsure.

and yeah, i don't blame marcel for no longer posting all top 20s. seems to get updated a lot haha.
I know that you mean this number, a cofactor of the Mersenne number M106391, but why this number does not appear in the top ECPP proving page?
sweety439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 16:39   #112
paulunderwood
 
paulunderwood's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Database er0rr

101628 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety439 View Post
I know that you mean this number, a cofactor of the Mersenne number M106391, but why this number does not appear in the top ECPP proving page?
Are you thick joking? I just posted that Gelly should submit to it to UTM. Until he does so it will not appear on the aforementioned top20 and at the top of the top20 Mersenne co-factors. Things don't magically happen -- some action is required!
paulunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 23:13   #113
Gelly
 
Gelly's Avatar
 
May 2020

47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulunderwood View Post
I'd say go ahead and report it to The Prime Pages at UTM and be assured in the knowledge that factorDB successfully verified the certificate.

ps. Do you fancy proving the co-factor of M78737?
Listed at UTM. I don't feel super-comfortable not having a certificate that's accessible to people anymore, but it appears that is happening to most of my primo certificates at this point. May have to look into some method of hosting them myself.

And yes, I may give a try to that next cofactor. Still settling into the new apartment, but 23k is going to be more than three times as fast to prove, so it won't be too much longer after popping it in to get results.

Don't consider this a reservation for the time being, though!
Gelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 19:44   #114
paulunderwood
 
paulunderwood's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Database er0rr

2·5·421 Posts
Default

Nearly finished:

M86137 cofactor prp25896

Dropping:

M86371 cofactor prp25984
M87691 cofactor prp26371
E(11848)/(5*1582043) prp40792

Reserving:

R86453

Last fiddled with by paulunderwood on 2022-05-22 at 19:58
paulunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 23:00   #115
sweety439
 
sweety439's Avatar
 
"99(4^34019)99 palind"
Nov 2016
(P^81993)SZ base 36

22×5×173 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulunderwood View Post
Nearly finished:

M86137 cofactor prp25896

Dropping:

M86371 cofactor prp25984
M87691 cofactor prp26371
E(11848)/(5*1582043) prp40792

Reserving:

R86453
= = Are you sure that Primo can handle this large prime? Recently, the limit of Primo just extended from 40000 digits to 50000 digits, to make you can use Primo to prove R49081

Suggest you to prove (18^25667-1)/17 = R25667(18), this prime is also a generalized repunit, and is much smaller than R49081, this prime is interesting (much more interesting than R86453, you think R86453 is interesting is only because we use the number 10 as the base (radix) of our positional numeral system) is because this prime is the smallest generalized repunit prime in base 18 apart from 19 = R2(18), see https://oeis.org/A128164

Last fiddled with by sweety439 on 2022-05-22 at 23:02
sweety439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 23:31   #116
paulunderwood
 
paulunderwood's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Database er0rr

2·5·421 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety439 View Post
= = Are you sure that Primo can handle this large prime? Recently, the limit of Primo just extended from 40000 digits to 50000 digits, to make you can use Primo to prove R49081

Suggest you to prove (18^25667-1)/17 = R25667(18), this prime is also a generalized repunit, and is much smaller than R49081, this prime is interesting (much more interesting than R86453, you think R86453 is interesting is only because we use the number 10 as the base (radix) of our positional numeral system) is because this prime is the smallest generalized repunit prime in base 18 apart from 19 = R2(18), see https://oeis.org/A128164
Primo won't handle anything above ~50k digits. But FastECPP (+GWNUM) might and do it some 8 times faster than an extrapolated Primo could do it.
paulunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 10:33   #117
ryanp
 
ryanp's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Boulder, CO

2×199 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelly View Post
Listed at UTM. I don't feel super-comfortable not having a certificate that's accessible to people anymore, but it appears that is happening to most of my primo certificates at this point. May have to look into some method of hosting them myself.

And yes, I may give a try to that next cofactor. Still settling into the new apartment, but 23k is going to be more than three times as fast to prove, so it won't be too much longer after popping it in to get results.

Don't consider this a reservation for the time being, though!
I only noticed this thread recently. I was just working on M78737 cofactor and just uploaded the cert. Hopefully no one else burned cycles on this...
ryanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 11:44   #118
kruoli
 
kruoli's Avatar
 
"Oliver"
Sep 2017
Porta Westfalica, DE

41016 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanp View Post
I only noticed this thread recently. I was just working on M78737 cofactor and just uploaded the cert. Hopefully no one else burned cycles on this...
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanp View Post
I decided to fire up certification of M78737 with Primo, using 64 processes. Hopefully no one else is already running this!

The machine it's running on is a 3Ghz, 36-core/72-thread system. Anyone have a rough sense of how long this should take?

(Addendum: it would be great if Primo was open-source... I'd love to understand more about these "stk4321" processes it spawns. If I could farm these out to a cluster and then feed the results back in, presumably this could go a lot faster).
kruoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 11:58   #119
paulunderwood
 
paulunderwood's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Database er0rr

2·5·421 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruoli View Post
Huh?
Somewhere in the messaging bowels, Ryan did mention he had forgotten about his Primo run of the M78737 cofactor and that Primo had crashed. Better late than never!

Last fiddled with by paulunderwood on 2022-05-23 at 11:59
paulunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 12:04   #120
ryanp
 
ryanp's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Boulder, CO

2×199 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruoli View Post
Huh?
Yes, I had reserved this one a while back, then promptly forgot about it (beyond what I could do with Primo on a single machine).
ryanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 12:31   #121
paulunderwood
 
paulunderwood's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Database er0rr

2·5·421 Posts
Default

@ryanp and @Andreas. Please make a The Prime Pages database entry for your numbers.

https://primes.utm.edu/top20/page.php?id=49
https://primes.utm.edu/top20/page.php?id=27

via

https://primes.utm.edu/bios/

Last fiddled with by paulunderwood on 2022-05-23 at 12:35
paulunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
15*2^n-1, n>1M Reservation Thread Kosmaj Riesel Prime Search 707 2021-11-20 19:13
Where on Earth can I download FastECPP? How fast is it compared with Primo? Stargate38 Miscellaneous Math 5 2021-11-16 17:33
5*2^n-1 Reservation Thread VBCurtis Riesel Prime Search 679 2021-10-09 17:33
Octoproth Reservation Thread Greenbank Octoproth Search 2 2007-12-26 09:58
Dodecaproth Reservation Thread Greenbank Octoproth Search 30 2006-02-09 00:33

All times are UTC. The time now is 23:29.


Fri Jul 1 23:29:45 UTC 2022 up 78 days, 21:31, 0 users, load averages: 0.96, 1.13, 1.14

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔