mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > sweety439

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-07-20, 08:17   #1
sweety439
 
"99(4^34019)99 palind"
Nov 2016
(P^81993)SZ base 36

72×73 Posts
Default Hell number formulas

A hell number formula is defined as a formula containing only small numbers and the only variable n is the exponent, and the formula only produce nonprime numbers for all small positive integers n, but not for all n (i.e. it does not have covering congruence, algebraic factorization, or combine of them)

e.g.

Code:
n*2^n+1 (for n > 1)
n*2^n+1 for prime n
5^n+8 (for n > 1)
(18^n-1)/17 (for n > 2)
4*72^n-1 (72 = 2^3*3^2 is the smallest Achilles number)
4*30^n-1 (for n > 3) (30 = 2*3*5 is the product of the first 3 primes)
8*48^n-1 (for n > 1) (48 = 2^4*3)
3*432^n-1 (432 = 2^4*3^3)
8*432^n-1 (432 = 2^4*3^3)
36*48^n+1
2^n-n-2 (for n > 3)
(2^n-6)*2^n+1 (for n > 3)
(2^n-7)*2^n+1
12^n+1 (for n > 1) (this is special case, with Fermat number behavior, only power-of-2 n can give primes)
Smarandache numbers in base 4
Non-examples:

Code:
4*9^n-1 (with algebraic factorization)
4*24^n-1 (with combine of coveted congruence and algebraic factorization)
(2^n-5)*2^n+1 (with covering congruence)
(2^n-2)*2^n+1 (with algebraic factorization)

Last fiddled with by sweety439 on 2022-07-20 at 18:59
sweety439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 17:12   #2
MattcAnderson
 
MattcAnderson's Avatar
 
"Matthew Anderson"
Dec 2010
Oregon, USA

3·17·23 Posts
Smile

Interesting observation Sweety439.

Have a nice day.
Matt
MattcAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 17:24   #3
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502
 
Uncwilly's Avatar
 
"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101ร—103 Posts

247358 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety439 View Post
A hell number formulas is defined
by who? You or the broader community. If the latter, please provide a link.
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-01, 23:01   #4
sweety439
 
"99(4^34019)99 palind"
Nov 2016
(P^81993)SZ base 36

DF916 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
by who? You or the broader community. If the latter, please provide a link.
by me.
sweety439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-01, 23:03   #5
science_man_88
 
science_man_88's Avatar
 
"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

37·227 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety439 View Post
by me.
Then it should read "Let a hell number be defined as..."
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-06, 03:45   #6
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

101100001101102 Posts
Default

You realize that many of these forms have primes, don't you?
gd_barnes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-06, 06:19   #7
sweety439
 
"99(4^34019)99 palind"
Nov 2016
(P^81993)SZ base 36

1101111110012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
You realize that many of these forms have primes, don't you?
But none of them have small primes, e.g. the most famous 4*72^n-1 (4 is the smallest composite number and 72 is the smallest Achilles number), it has no prime with n >= 1 until n = 1119849
sweety439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-06, 07:22   #8
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

2×5,659 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety439 View Post
But none of them have small primes, e.g. the most famous 4*72^n-1 (4 is the smallest composite number and 72 is the smallest Achilles number), it has no prime with n >= 1 until n = 1119849
Define small. Some of these have primes for n<10000. I'd call those small compared to what we typically search.

There are an infinite number of forms like this with no "small" primes. What is the point that you are trying to make?

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2022-08-06 at 07:24
gd_barnes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-06, 08:34   #9
sweety439
 
"99(4^34019)99 palind"
Nov 2016
(P^81993)SZ base 36

67718 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Define small. Some of these have primes for n<10000. I'd call those small compared to what we typically search.

There are an infinite number of forms like this with no "small" primes. What is the point that you are trying to make?
Forms that only contain 5-smooth (at least 7-smooth) numbers

For the case n*2^n+1 with n>1, since it only contains the number 2, the first prime is at n=141 is unusual large, the same for 5^n+8 with n>1 whose first prime is n=95 (it corresponds to the largest minimal prime in base 5, i.e. 5^95+8, or 1(0^93)13 in base 5, see below) since it only contains 5 and 8

Also, I have a project of minimal elements for the prime strings > b written in base b, for bases 2<=b<=36, bases 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 18, 20, 24 are completely solved, bases 11, 22, 30 are also completely solved if strong probable primes > 10^25000 are allowed, for the data of minimal primes > b and the unsolved families, see https://github.com/xayahrainie4793/quasi-mepn-data, the unsolved family 9{5} (i.e. 95, 955, 9555, 95555, โ€ฆ) in base 13 contain no primes with length < 116000, but cannot be proven to only contain composites by covering congruence, algebraic factorization, or combine of them

Last fiddled with by sweety439 on 2022-08-06 at 08:36
sweety439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-06, 10:01   #10
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"๐’‰บ๐’ŒŒ๐’‡ท๐’†ท๐’€ญ"
May 2003
Down not across

11,483 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety439 View Post
Forms that only contain 5-smooth (at least 7-smooth) numbers

For the case n*2^n+1 with n>1, since it only contains the number 2, the first prime is at n=141 is unusual large, the same for 5^n+8 with n>1 whose first prime is n=95 (it corresponds to the largest minimal prime in base 5, i.e. 5^95+8, or 1(0^93)13 in base 5, see below) since it only contains 5 and 8

Also, I have a project of minimal elements for the prime strings > b written in base b, for bases 2<=b<=36, bases 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 18, 20, 24 are completely solved, bases 11, 22, 30 are also completely solved if strong probable primes > 10^25000 are allowed, for the data of minimal primes > b and the unsolved families, see https://github.com/xayahrainie4793/quasi-mepn-data, the unsolved family 9{5} (i.e. 95, 955, 9555, 95555, โ€ฆ) in base 13 contain no primes with length < 116000, but cannot be proven to only contain composites by covering congruence, algebraic factorization, or combine of them
My offer to prove some of those primes still stands.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blood and needles. ("This is gonna hurt like hell.") Dr Sardonicus Lounge 8 2020-12-30 19:21
Searching many formulas to one limit vasyannyasha Homework Help 4 2019-06-25 16:37
Big Blue Swallows Red Hell masser Cloud Computing 3 2018-10-30 15:09
Chance of finding new prime number formulas? columbus Information & Answers 49 2013-03-07 22:36
Formulas for calculating GHz-days credit James Heinrich PrimeNet 93 2012-05-09 20:36

All times are UTC. The time now is 13:27.


Sun Sep 25 13:27:35 UTC 2022 up 38 days, 10:56, 0 users, load averages: 1.88, 1.34, 1.22

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

โ‰  ยฑ โˆ“ รท ร— ยท โˆ’ โˆš โ€ฐ โŠ— โŠ• โŠ– โŠ˜ โŠ™ โ‰ค โ‰ฅ โ‰ฆ โ‰ง โ‰จ โ‰ฉ โ‰บ โ‰ป โ‰ผ โ‰ฝ โŠ โŠ โŠ‘ โŠ’ ยฒ ยณ ยฐ
โˆ  โˆŸ ยฐ โ‰… ~ โ€– โŸ‚ โซ›
โ‰ก โ‰œ โ‰ˆ โˆ โˆž โ‰ช โ‰ซ โŒŠโŒ‹ โŒˆโŒ‰ โˆ˜ โˆ โˆ โˆ‘ โˆง โˆจ โˆฉ โˆช โจ€ โŠ• โŠ— ๐–• ๐–– ๐–— โŠฒ โŠณ
โˆ… โˆ– โˆ โ†ฆ โ†ฃ โˆฉ โˆช โŠ† โŠ‚ โŠ„ โŠŠ โŠ‡ โŠƒ โŠ… โŠ‹ โŠ– โˆˆ โˆ‰ โˆ‹ โˆŒ โ„• โ„ค โ„š โ„ โ„‚ โ„ต โ„ถ โ„ท โ„ธ ๐“Ÿ
ยฌ โˆจ โˆง โŠ• โ†’ โ† โ‡’ โ‡ โ‡” โˆ€ โˆƒ โˆ„ โˆด โˆต โŠค โŠฅ โŠข โŠจ โซค โŠฃ โ€ฆ โ‹ฏ โ‹ฎ โ‹ฐ โ‹ฑ
โˆซ โˆฌ โˆญ โˆฎ โˆฏ โˆฐ โˆ‡ โˆ† ฮด โˆ‚ โ„ฑ โ„’ โ„“
๐›ข๐›ผ ๐›ฃ๐›ฝ ๐›ค๐›พ ๐›ฅ๐›ฟ ๐›ฆ๐œ€๐œ– ๐›ง๐œ ๐›จ๐œ‚ ๐›ฉ๐œƒ๐œ— ๐›ช๐œ„ ๐›ซ๐œ… ๐›ฌ๐œ† ๐›ญ๐œ‡ ๐›ฎ๐œˆ ๐›ฏ๐œ‰ ๐›ฐ๐œŠ ๐›ฑ๐œ‹ ๐›ฒ๐œŒ ๐›ด๐œŽ๐œ ๐›ต๐œ ๐›ถ๐œ ๐›ท๐œ™๐œ‘ ๐›ธ๐œ’ ๐›น๐œ“ ๐›บ๐œ”