mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-07-06, 15:52   #155
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

32×7×83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linament View Post
Recently, I mentioned that user harlee had reserved many exponents in my range, 8.8M. A few days later these were all released. Now a another user, Cong Shengzhuo, has reserved many of the exponents in the 8.8M range. This is becoming annoying.
PM'd
I'll let you know if I get a response.
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-06, 16:18   #156
congsz
 
congsz's Avatar
 
"Cong Shengzhuo"
Sep 2021
Nanjing, China

458 Posts
Default New here, what should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linament View Post
Recently, I mentioned that user harlee had reserved many exponents in my range, 8.8M. A few days later these were all released. Now a another user, Cong Shengzhuo, has reserved many of the exponents in the 8.8M range. This is becoming annoying.
Hello, and I am new here. I reserved about 300 exponents around 8.8M using "Pminus1" several hours ago, and had already noticed that you (user "linament") are also in this range.
I have just read about the first post, and will unreserve all exponents I have assigned around 8.8M immediately.
I am very interested in doing P-1 for small exponents, so I am hoping to join this project. What should I do if I want to join this?
(I am using Prime v30.8b15, and able to allocate 10GB of memory)

Last fiddled with by congsz on 2022-07-06 at 16:29
congsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-06, 16:34   #157
linament
 
Nov 2013

37 Posts
Default

Thanks. To assist with this project, look at the ranges that already have people assigned in the first post of this thread. Then, choose an unassigned range, such as 8.9 which stands for 8900000 to 8999999, and post that request in this thread. If it is available, petrw1 will update the list in the first post showing your commitment.
linament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-06, 16:37   #158
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

32·7·83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by congsz View Post
Hello, and I am new here. I reserved about 300 exponents around 8.8M using "Pminus1" several hours ago, and had already noticed that you (user "linament") are also in this range.
I have just read about the first post, and will unreserve all exponents I have assigned around 8.8M immediately.
I am very interested in doing P-1 for small exponents, so I am hoping to join this project. What should I do if I want to join this?
(I am using Prime v30.8b15, and able to allocate 10GB of memory)
Thanks and welcome.

You have the right version, adequate memory and PMINUS1 is the correct work type.
You just need to refer to the table in post #1 and choose a range of exponents that isn't already listed.
See posts #60 and #61 for other relevant information and suggestions.
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-06, 16:43   #159
congsz
 
congsz's Avatar
 
"Cong Shengzhuo"
Sep 2021
Nanjing, China

458 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linament View Post
Thanks. To assist with this project, look at the ranges that already have people assigned in the first post of this thread. Then, choose an unassigned range, such as 8.9 which stands for 8900000 to 8999999, and post that request in this thread. If it is available, petrw1 will update the list in the first post showing your commitment.
Thanks for your explanation. I will assign 8.9M if that range is available, and I wish petrw1 can update the list in the first post.
congsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-06, 16:45   #160
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

32×7×83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by congsz View Post
Thanks for your explanation. I will assign 8.9M if that range is available, and I wish petrw1 can update the list in the first post.
Done.
Thanks
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 08:44   #161
congsz
 
congsz's Avatar
 
"Cong Shengzhuo"
Sep 2021
Nanjing, China

3710 Posts
Default Will there be any specific "end" of this project?

In the "<2k" project, the ultimate goal was to let every 100K range has <2k exponents unfactored, so we could check how many ranges were remaining at any time. We can explicitly see the progress there.
But this project doesn't seem to have any specific "milestones". I cannot feel the progress, nor do I know when exactly shall we state that "this project is completed".
So I'm wondering whether this project has an explicit "criterion of completion".

Personally, I have done ~90 of the ~1600 exponents in 8.9M whose bounds should be improved, and have found 8 new factors already.
congsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 16:37   #162
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

32·7·83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by congsz View Post
In the "<2k" project, the ultimate goal was to let every 100K range has <2k exponents unfactored, so we could check how many ranges were remaining at any time. We can explicitly see the progress there.
But this project doesn't seem to have any specific "milestones". I cannot feel the progress, nor do I know when exactly shall we state that "this project is completed".
So I'm wondering whether this project has an explicit "criterion of completion".
Good question. This is a new project so it's a little cloudy.
Initial comments from George suggest v30.8 is effective for exponents at least up to 20M but posters have shown improvements much higher.

My initial thought was to complete cleanup below 20M as step 1 then determine whether to continue and how much further.

It's going to take a few more years to get to 20M.
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 18:24   #163
Prime95
P90 years forever!
 
Prime95's Avatar
 
Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

23·3·5·67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by congsz View Post
So I'm wondering whether this project has an explicit "criterion of completion".
I was thinking after completing P-1 to 20M we might embark on ECM. Along the lines of t35 up to exponent 1M, t30 up to 5M, t25 up to 10M (these are just example t-numbers and exponents). Of course, if the crowd wants something else, that's cool too.
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 01:32   #164
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

540710 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime95 View Post
I was thinking after completing P-1 to 20M we might embark on ECM.
We should probably stick in a few P+1 in there as well (wink wink nudge nudge)
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-18, 16:36   #165
congsz
 
congsz's Avatar
 
"Cong Shengzhuo"
Sep 2021
Nanjing, China

3710 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
It's going to take a few more years to get to 20M.
Oh, my previous thoughts were way too optimistic. (sigh) I had thought that it would only take less than a year (i.e. earlier than July 2023) before the complete cleanup of <20M.
For my own preference, I will keep my focus on P-1'ing small exponents as the project moves on.

P.S. I only started P-1'ing this year, and I've just found my first-ever composite P-1 factor, M8904631. So excited!
congsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to optimize the sieving stage of QS? Ilya Gazman Factoring 6 2020-08-26 22:03
Placeholder: When is it legal to torrent BBC tv stuff? kladner Lounge 3 2018-10-01 20:32
Future project direction and server needs synopsis gd_barnes No Prime Left Behind 6 2008-02-29 01:09
Unreserving exponents(these exponents haven't been done) jasong Marin's Mersenne-aries 7 2006-12-22 21:59
A distributed-computing project to optimize GIMPS FFT? Genetic algorithms GP2 Software 10 2003-12-09 20:41

All times are UTC. The time now is 09:28.


Thu Oct 6 09:28:08 UTC 2022 up 49 days, 6:56, 0 users, load averages: 1.04, 1.15, 1.42

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔