mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-13, 03:45   #1
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

100111101110102 Posts
Default Misc. reserves/statuses/primes for k>2000 & k=1003

Use this thread for reservations, statuses, testing, and primes on Riesel primes for k>2000 and k=1003. Any n-ranges are welcome.

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2009-05-02 at 09:07 Reason: add k=1003
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 05:05   #2
MyDogBuster
 
MyDogBuster's Avatar
 
May 2008
Wilmington, DE

22·32·79 Posts
Default

I have a question not related to the above. Where would I reserve some work to do say in the 2000 < k < 4000 range? I see a lot of k's in that range (in Karsten's pages) not reserved by anyone at the moment.

Last fiddled with by MyDogBuster on 2009-01-13 at 05:05
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 05:24   #3
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

1017010 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDogBuster View Post
I have a question not related to the above. Where would I reserve some work to do say in the 2000 < k < 4000 range? I see a lot of k's in that range (in Karsten's pages) not reserved by anyone at the moment.
I must say that this is definitely like minds thinking alike. Several days ago after looking at the top-5000 site at how many primes there are already for k=1000-2000, I checked k=2000-4000 and there are very few. That gave me a grand and glorious idea: Start sieving k=2000-4000 for n=10K-600K! n<10K is already done.

Anyway, to answer your question, you could reserve them here or at Riesel Prime Search (RPS). Preferably here. :-) Just post that you're going to reserve a k or range of k's. Karsten picks up reservations from both projects. RPS would have as much sieving done in that range as we would; that is little to none. If you post a reservation for that area here, I'll create a new thread for work done or reservations k>2000 and move your post there.

Would you like to run some individual k's or a range of k's in that area? If so, let me know and we'll team up on some sieving.

So...what does everyone think of my grand idea? That's an area where well over 90% would be new primes!


Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2009-01-13 at 05:30
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 05:34   #4
MyDogBuster
 
MyDogBuster's Avatar
 
May 2008
Wilmington, DE

22·32·79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Would you like to run some individual k's or a range of k's in that area? If so, let me know and we'll team up on some sieving.

So...what does everyone think of my grand idea? That's an area where well over 90% would be new primes!
I'm just testing the waters here. I thought of doing k=3991, 3993, 3995, 3997 and 3999 from n=10K to n=1MM. You know me, I start at the backend and work forward. If you want to discuss this, PM or email me.
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 06:08   #5
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

100111101110102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDogBuster View Post
I'm just testing the waters here. I thought of doing k=3991, 3993, 3995, 3997 and 3999 from n=10K to n=1MM. You know me, I start at the backend and work forward. If you want to discuss this, PM or email me.

And I suppose you'll want to search them backwards from n=1M to n=10K too. lol

Go right ahead if you want. One thing to keep in mind: Higher k's take longer to test. You'll have less testing time at the same depth doing more k's in the k=300-400 range.

I wouldn't be too interested in helping with k's so far 'out of the way' like that but could be talked into it. :-) Regardless, if you decide to reserve them, go ahead and post your intention here and I'll create a separate thread for all reservations or work k>2000.

Technically if an individual sieves their own work, they can report it however they like; no project or Primesearch (or RPS?). Many people run their own k's at RPS with no team intervention and report them as RPS. Of course you know what we'd prefer but it's still your choice.


Gary
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 06:10   #6
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

141518 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
I must say that this is definitely like minds thinking alike. Several days ago after looking at the top-5000 site at how many primes there are already for k=1000-2000, I checked k=2000-4000 and there are very few. That gave me a grand and glorious idea: Start sieving k=2000-4000 for n=10K-600K! n<10K is already done.

Anyway, to answer your question, you could reserve them here or at Riesel Prime Search (RPS). Preferably here. :-) Just post that you're going to reserve a k or range of k's. Karsten picks up reservations from both projects. RPS would have as much sieving done in that range as we would; that is little to none. If you post a reservation for that area here, I'll create a new thread for work done or reservations k>2000 and move your post there.

Would you like to run some individual k's or a range of k's in that area? If so, let me know and we'll team up on some sieving.

So...what does everyone think of my grand idea? That's an area where well over 90% would be new primes!


Gary
I like that idea, too. Though, I think we should wait at least until we're somewhat closer to the end of all our k=1005-2000 work; we're already very, very busy right now with loads and loads of work to be done, and adding yet another very large k-range at this time would spread us too thinly, IMO.

However, yes, we should definitely look into tackling that range once we're farther along on k=1005-2000; even though it's not quite as messy as 1005-2000, 2000-4000 still could use some of that cleaning up that is NPLB's specialty.

Max
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 06:13   #7
MyDogBuster
 
MyDogBuster's Avatar
 
May 2008
Wilmington, DE

B1C16 Posts
Default

Quote:
you decide to reserve them, go ahead and post your intention here and I'll create a separate thread for all reservations or work k>2000.
Yes, I want to reserve them and NPLB will stiill get credit on anything I may find. I'm just going to utilize a few cores for this so don't think I'm jumping ship. Just need something to call my own.
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 06:54   #8
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

1017010 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDogBuster View Post
Yes, I want to reserve them and NPLB will stiill get credit on anything I may find. I'm just going to utilize a few cores for this so don't think I'm jumping ship. Just need something to call my own.

Great! I'll set up a new thread for stuff like this. Many people like to do stuff on their own.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 07:17   #9
MyDogBuster
 
MyDogBuster's Avatar
 
May 2008
Wilmington, DE

22·32·79 Posts
Default

Reserving k=3991, 3993, 3995, 3997 and 3999
n=10K thru n=1000K

Last fiddled with by MyDogBuster on 2009-01-13 at 07:18
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 10:12   #10
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

54268 Posts
Default

perhaps you can reserve such k's here: http://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=89 too.

i've created that thread for the RieselDatabase to do so: for a project, non-project specific or just for fun!

check there and make suggestions for new threads to invoke there.

Karsten
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:45   #11
Flatlander
I quite division it
 
Flatlander's Avatar
 
"Chris"
Feb 2005
England

31×67 Posts
Default

In a moment of madness, I sieved 93 ks between 3001 and 3199, n from 400k to 500k. If I actually start testing them I'll let you know. lol

Last fiddled with by Flatlander on 2009-01-13 at 14:46
Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bases 251-500 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 2121 2020-07-28 09:15
Bases 33-100 reservations/statuses/primes Siemelink Conjectures 'R Us 1665 2020-07-21 18:11
Report top-5000 primes for k=1003-3000 gd_barnes No Prime Left Behind 688 2020-04-24 07:31
misc. k<300 statuses and primes gd_barnes No Prime Left Behind 37 2009-09-14 15:09
Sieving drive for k=1003-2000 n=500K-1M gd_barnes No Prime Left Behind 160 2009-05-10 00:50

All times are UTC. The time now is 23:31.

Mon Aug 3 23:31:34 UTC 2020 up 17 days, 19:18, 0 users, load averages: 1.36, 1.44, 1.40

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.