mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > And now for something completely different

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2019-05-20, 23:10   #1
Kebbaj
 
Kebbaj's Avatar
 
"Kebbaj Reda"
May 2018
Casablanca, Morocco

5×11 Posts
Default Primes Arithmetic Progression >1000 Digits

I would like to make a page of reporting prime numbers in
Aritmetic Progression > 1000 digits, here is an example:

0 : 2699# *(4163780-0*1996857)+2729 Prime
1 : 2699# *(4163780-1*1996857)+2729 Prime
2 : 2699# *(4163780-2*1996857)+2729 Prime
3 : 2699# *(4163780-3*1996857)+2729 Prime

4163780*2699#+2729 AP |term 4| difference 1996857*2699#

Kebbaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-20, 23:44   #2
paulunderwood
 
paulunderwood's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Database er0rr

32×7×53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebbaj View Post
I would like to make a page of reporting prime numbers in
Aritmetic Progression > 1000 digits, here is an example:

0 : 2699# *(4163780-0*1996857)+2729 Prime
1 : 2699# *(4163780-1*1996857)+2729 Prime
2 : 2699# *(4163780-2*1996857)+2729 Prime
3 : 2699# *(4163780-3*1996857)+2729 Prime

4163780*2699#+2729 AP |term 4| difference 1996857*2699#

Ken Davis and I have found 5 AP9s over 1000 digits. When searching for them we did not log AP4s. I found:

AP5 1,020,833,527
AP6 7,270,362
AP7 63,368
AP8 336
AP9 5
(Not disjoint.)

Here is the top5000 top5 APs over the years:
Attached Files
File Type: txt top5000_ap.txt (612.0 KB, 42 views)

Last fiddled with by paulunderwood on 2019-05-20 at 23:52
paulunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-21, 23:40   #3
Kebbaj
 
Kebbaj's Avatar
 
"Kebbaj Reda"
May 2018
Casablanca, Morocco

5×11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulunderwood View Post
Ken Davis and I have found 5 AP9s over 1000 digits. When searching for them we did not log AP4s. I found:

AP5 1,020,833,527
AP6 7,270,362
AP7 63,368
AP8 336
AP9 5
(Not disjoint.)

Here is the top5000 top5 APs over the years:
Thank you Mr indrewood, your answer is complete and closes the question.
Your work is fabulous with Ken Davis. In particular, you have shelled the 2371 #.
I have a small question if you can inform me: I saw that you are working with newpgen for the sieve.
Newpgen can do k * b # + 1 because this form does not need primo for certification.

but I would like to make the sieve of k * b # + n. Like my exemple 4163780 * 2699 # + 2729.
Are you familiar with a program that can sive it?
Thank you.
Kebbaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-22, 02:44   #4
paulunderwood
 
paulunderwood's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Database er0rr

32·7·53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebbaj View Post
Thank you Mr indrewood, your answer is complete and closes the question.
Your work is fabulous with Ken Davis. In particular, you have shelled the 2371 #.
I have a small question if you can inform me: I saw that you are working with newpgen for the sieve.
Newpgen can do k * b # + 1 because this form does not need primo for certification.

but I would like to make the sieve of k * b # + n. Like my exemple 4163780 * 2699 # + 2729.
Are you familiar with a program that can sive it?
Thank you.
Maybe someone else knows of one. Mark a.k.a, rogue?

Last fiddled with by paulunderwood on 2019-05-22 at 02:47
paulunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-23, 00:34   #5
Kebbaj
 
Kebbaj's Avatar
 
"Kebbaj Reda"
May 2018
Casablanca, Morocco

5510 Posts
Default

I took only the primorial form k*p#+1 on top5000AP.txt tanks paul,

the attached files.

one litle error:
Code p46 in the year 2000 :
d=36364*5000# d=187314*5000# d=457410*5000#
5000# should be 4999#.
Attached Files
File Type: txt top 5000 primorial AP.txt (54.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: 7z top 5000 primorial AP graph.7z (59 Bytes, 33 views)
Kebbaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-23, 02:10   #6
paulunderwood
 
paulunderwood's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Database er0rr

32×7×53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebbaj View Post
5000# should be 4999#.
Effectively, they are the same.
paulunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-23, 17:22   #7
Puzzle-Peter
 
Puzzle-Peter's Avatar
 
Jun 2009

3·223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebbaj View Post
but I would like to make the sieve of k * b # + n. Like my exemple 4163780 * 2699 # + 2729.
Are you familiar with a program that can sive it?
Thank you.

The gmp version of polysieve should be rather easy to adapt. It is not originally written for this kind of task, but with the correct input it will be doing this. The major modification will be calculating the primorial as it is not doing primorials at the moment. But that shouldn't be too hard.
Puzzle-Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 09:06   #8
Kebbaj
 
Kebbaj's Avatar
 
"Kebbaj Reda"
May 2018
Casablanca, Morocco

5·11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzle-Peter View Post
The gmp version of polysieve should be rather easy to adapt. It is not originally written for this kind of task, but with the correct input it will be doing this. The major modification will be calculating the primorial as it is not doing primorials at the moment. But that shouldn't be too hard.
Thank you.
I downloaded polysieve. But I look for documentation. I dont find it.
Kebbaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-26, 18:25   #9
Puzzle-Peter
 
Puzzle-Peter's Avatar
 
Jun 2009

66910 Posts
Default

I'm afraid there is no documentation apart from what you find in the code.


Just to make sure:
What is the running variable in your example?
Puzzle-Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-02, 22:34   #10
Kebbaj
 
Kebbaj's Avatar
 
"Kebbaj Reda"
May 2018
Casablanca, Morocco

1101112 Posts
Smile Congrats to Serge Batalov for a record.

Congrats to Serge Batalov for a record :
Chaîne Cunningham 2ème type (8p - 7)

2072453060816*7699#+1 (3316 digits).
Serge you are the best!!

Reda kebbaj.
Kebbaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
primes : 270*(1000^1-1)/999+1 enzocreti enzocreti 6 2019-05-09 12:52
Bertrand's Theorem for Arithmetic Progression literka Math 0 2013-06-01 12:42
sieving primes in arithmetic progressions maxal Software 18 2010-10-04 17:11
nth prime number in an arithmetic progression Unregistered Information & Answers 1 2010-04-04 22:06
Arithmetic and Polynomial Progression of Primes? drake2 Math 13 2006-10-10 00:43

All times are UTC. The time now is 12:24.

Thu Aug 13 12:24:45 UTC 2020 up 9 hrs, 1 user, load averages: 1.61, 1.61, 1.62

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.