mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Riesel Prime Search

Old 2017-01-02, 04:58   #1
carpetpool

"Sam"
Nov 2016

4308 Posts
Post Why is Prothsearch Gone?

Has anyone noticed that the domain name www.prothsearch.net is for auction. I can't seem to find a post on this forum that covers this? In fact, the references to http://primes.utm.edu/glossary/page....t=RieselNumber are outdated. If someone knows why the domain name is for sale, post it here please. Thanks.
carpetpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-02, 14:03   #2
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

10110010101012 Posts

It is my understanding the Wilfrid Keller has ownership of the site. Although I did have access and did the regular updates for the Proth side of things, I will not keep the site going because of PrimeGrid.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 06:52   #3
MattcAnderson

"Matthew Anderson"
Dec 2010
Oregon, USA

24D16 Posts

Hi Mersenneforum.org

This link may be useful -

http://www.fermatsearch.org/

Luigi Morelli is part of FermatSearch and is a member here at mersenneforum.

Regards,

Matt
MattcAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 09:42   #4
IBethune

Nov 2010

52 Posts

Hi all,

To cut a long story short, prothsearch.net is now occupied by domain squatters who have put up some pages that look like the old site but contain links to some "eCommerce" site in order to trick you into clicking on their links. We have complained, but I guess it's not likely that will be resolved.

Wilfrid Keller has registered the domain www.prothsearch.com and is proceeding to upload much of the data from the old site, along with some updates and re-organisation. So please start using the new site, and remove the old one from your bookmarks!

- Iain
IBethune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 11:07   #5
pepi37

Dec 2011
After milion nines:)

124910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBethune View Post
Hi all,

To cut a long story short, prothsearch.net is now occupied by domain squatters who have put up some pages that look like the old site but contain links to some "eCommerce" site in order to trick you into clicking on their links. We have complained, but I guess it's not likely that will be resolved.

Wilfrid Keller has registered the domain www.prothsearch.com and is proceeding to upload much of the data from the old site, along with some updates and re-organisation. So please start using the new site, and remove the old one from your bookmarks!

- Iain
Thanks for a link :)
pepi37 is offline   Reply With Quote