mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Aliquot Sequences

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-04, 08:07   #1
10metreh
 
10metreh's Avatar
 
Nov 2008

2·33·43 Posts
Smile GMP-ECM top 10

For those of you who aren't reading the "Top 10 GMP-ECM for the year" thread in the GMP-ECM forum, you currently have a good chance of getting in the top 10 for 2010 for a few days. There are only two factors on the list, so any ECM factor will do. I don't expect Paul Zimmermann will like really tiny factors, but I guess anything above p30 will probably be accepted. And aliquot sequences are good places for finding p30s, so if you find one, be sure to send it to zimmerma at loria dot fr.
10metreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 08:53   #2
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(3,3^1118781+1)/3

903010 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactorEyes View Post
That's why I only do ECM in early January.
Don't expect even p40-p45-s to survive for a week.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 15:51   #3
yoyo
 
yoyo's Avatar
 
Oct 2006
Berlin, Germany

5·113 Posts
Default

Ok, Ok,
I'm working to enlarge the list and reported a P48.

yoyo
yoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 20:59   #4
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

3·5·211 Posts
Default

I'm not able to bring up the link (the list) from above, to look at the list(s), but should I be watching my aliquot sequences for large factors(>30)? If so, what info should be provided to the address given in the last message?
EdH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 21:29   #5
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted
 
Mini-Geek's Avatar
 
"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17×251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
I'm not able to bring up the link (the list) from above, to look at the list(s), but should I be watching my aliquot sequences for large factors(>30)?
You really don't need to, but if you want to get 5 minutes (depending on how long it takes someone to submit a couple larger factors) of not-quite-fame go ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
If so, what info should be provided to the address given in the last message?
Judging by http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:mRik2x2cEv4J:www.loria.fr/~zimmerma/records/ecmnet.html+http://www.loria.fr/~zimmerma/records/ecmnet.html&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a (a Google cache of the page), I'd say the factor, the number it's from, the B1 used, the sigma used, the date of discovery, your name, and optionally a web site.
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 21:33   #6
yoyo
 
yoyo's Avatar
 
Oct 2006
Berlin, Germany

5×113 Posts
Default

Just send the gmp-ecm log where the factor was found.
yoyo
yoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 23:26   #7
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

3·5·211 Posts
Default

Thanks!

Now for my next display of ignorance:

How do I know if a prp factor in my aliqueit.log is from gmp-ecm?

Would this tiny example be from gmp-ecm or possibly something else?

Code:
[Dec 15 2009, 16:47:54] c94: running 214 ecm curves at B1=5e4...
Using B1=50000, B2=12746592, polynomial x^2, sigma=1290104490
Step 1 took 703ms
Step 2 took 489ms
********** Factor found in step 2: 99908276981014568003081
[Dec 15 2009, 16:49:15] *** prp23 = 99908276981014568003081
The following came next:
Code:
[Dec 15 2009, 16:49:15] Cofactor 13381851645687802199424767164095485029664345359039872851227063260140449 (71 digits)
[Dec 15 2009, 16:49:15] *** prp71 = 13381851645687802199424767164095485029664345359039872851227063260140449
Is the first one from gmp-ecm and the second one from some other program run by aliqueit?

Thanks for any help...
EdH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 23:30   #8
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
Thanks!

Now for my next display of ignorance:

How do I know if a prp factor in my aliqueit.log is from gmp-ecm?

Would this tiny example be from gmp-ecm or possibly something else?

Code:
[Dec 15 2009, 16:47:54] c94: running 214 ecm curves at B1=5e4...
Using B1=50000, B2=12746592, polynomial x^2, sigma=1290104490
Step 1 took 703ms
Step 2 took 489ms
********** Factor found in step 2: 99908276981014568003081
[Dec 15 2009, 16:49:15] *** prp23 = 99908276981014568003081
The following came next:
Code:
[Dec 15 2009, 16:49:15] Cofactor 13381851645687802199424767164095485029664345359039872851227063260140449 (71 digits)
[Dec 15 2009, 16:49:15] *** prp71 = 13381851645687802199424767164095485029664345359039872851227063260140449
Is the first one from gmp-ecm and the second one from some other program run by aliqueit?

Thanks for any help...
The first is from GMP-ECM; the second is a cofactor left over after Aliqueit divided out all factors. In this case the cofactor was prime, so the line was finished. If it was composite, Aliqueit would have continued on factoring it.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 23:34   #9
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

316510 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
The first is from GMP-ECM; the second is a cofactor left over after Aliqueit divided out all factors. In this case the cofactor was prime, so the line was finished. If it was composite, Aliqueit would have continued on factoring it.
Thanks! I'll have a look through my logs to see if anything is worthy of entry...
EdH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 02:32   #10
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(3,3^1118781+1)/3

2×3×5×7×43 Posts
Default

Hint: You can search for the word 'Neat' in aliquiet.log.

(Also, you can adjust the 'Neat' reporting thresholds in aliquiet.ini; I've set them to 40 long ago, but now upped to 45. "I don't need sugar, I am sweet enough." ©)
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 02:52   #11
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

3·5·211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
Hint: You can search for the word 'Neat' in aliquiet.log.

(Also, you can adjust the 'Neat' reporting thresholds in aliquiet.ini; I've set them to 40 long ago, but now upped to 45. "I don't need sugar, I am sweet enough." ©)
Now, you tell me!

I just got done writing/running a program to check the aliqueit.log files on a couple linux machines and was getting ready to port it over to my WinXP. At least I saw this before doing the porting.

My neat setting for ecm is already at 45, which explains why I didn't see any messages; the largest prp I found on the linux machines was 41.

Thanks!
EdH is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


All times are UTC. The time now is 15:17.

Sat Jun 6 15:17:34 UTC 2020 up 73 days, 12:50, 1 user, load averages: 2.02, 1.87, 1.77

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.