mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
Here you go: http://www.sendspace.com/file/i5i0ba
I'm not sure if they differ from the ones rogue included. I built them from Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, not from anything related to cygwin, so I'd guess they'll work for you.
Judging from the MSVC files left over in the "source" directory from Mark's build, and that Mark's said before that he uses MSVC for the "official" Windows binaries, I'd guess that yours is probably very similar to his. I think he's got a full (and slightly older) version of MSVC, but nonetheless there shouldn't be too many differences.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 12:47   #222
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

5,717 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Judging from the MSVC files left over in the "source" directory from Mark's build, and that Mark's said before that he uses MSVC for the "official" Windows binaries, I'd guess that yours is probably very similar to his. I think he's got a full (and slightly older) version of MSVC, but nonetheless there shouldn't be too many differences.
FYI, I use Visual Studio 2008. As PRPNet uses nothing from MFC, using Visual Studio Express should produce the same binary that VS2008 would produce.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 19:20   #223
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

571710 Posts
Default PRPNet 2.4.1 is released

You can d/l it from here.

This includes Windows Release builds instead of Debug builds, so the executables are smaller than they were in the past. There are two changes. The first in the client addresses issues with running genefer. The second is in the server and addresses the HTML not being displayed in the browser.
Old 2009-10-16, 00:20   #224
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17·251 Posts

I'd like to suggest adding an option (for the server) to send a copy of all PRP/prime notifications to the "from" address or not. (or just disable it entirely and suggest using the destid option if you want it) I've been commenting out the line (Mail.cpp line 168) that does it since I'd prefer it didn't, but I figured it might be a useful option for others.
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 12:56   #225
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

10110010101012 Posts
Default PRPNet 2.4.3 is released

2.4.3 is an official release of PRPNet. I have fixed a number of bugs from the other 2.4.x releases, which I had provided to a few interested individuals, such as Max and Mini-Geek. Thanks to them this version seems to have squashed the bugs added in 2.4.0 and fixed a few others that had been around a lot longer. I have not implemented any of the suggested enhancements yet as I felt that it was more important to make a stable version available first.

Here is a consolidated list of changes from 2.4.0:
  • all: Fixed a buffering issue with large messages. This would normally affect prpadmin and prpserver, but could affect prpclient as well.
  • all: Print error when unable to write to log.
  • server: Fixed a bug that causes the server to crash when it tries to add second tests for a candidate.
  • server: Fixed a bug that causes the server to crash when configured for a Generalized Fermat Search.
  • server: Add an extra carriage return so HTML is correctly generated for browsers.
  • client: Fix issues with identifying versions of genefer that the client can run.
  • client: Output server version after getting work from the server.
  • client: Fix issues with genefX64 that do not occur with genefer or genefer80.
  • client: Fixed issue with validating helper programs.
  • client: Fixed an issue where debuglevel=1 wouldn't log socket messages.
  • client: Fixed a logging issue with the client to address potential segfaults.
  • client: Fixed issue when loading workunits for GFN projects.
  • client: Fixed issue with GFN testing that prevented client from choosing the correct executable for PRP tests.

Enjoy,
Mark
Old 2009-10-28, 15:17   #226
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17·251 Posts

Only problem so far is a trivial one: it calls itself 2.4.2, not 2.4.3. (in all 3: server, client, and admin)
I haven't been running it long enough to really say it's stable or anything, though.
I have, however, successfully added and removed a candidate through prpadmin without a problem. (it crashed on this once before with a different file, so I'm not 100% sure it was repeatable and is now fixed)
Edit: My client crash-on-close bug is also fixed.

Last fiddled with by Mini-Geek on 2009-10-28 at 15:52
Old 2009-10-28, 15:52   #227
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

10110010101012 Posts

Quote:
Only problem so far is a trivial one: it calls itself 2.4.2, not 2.4.3. (in all 3: server, client, and admin).
Oops. I just updated the zip file and exes with the correct version number.
Old 2009-10-28, 16:31   #228
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17·251 Posts

The client is crashing on close for me again, even when nothing, that I can think of anyway, changed from earlier. I've sent more details and debug info to rogue. Weird. At least there've been no major problems so far...

Last fiddled with by Mini-Geek on 2009-10-28 at 16:33
Old 2009-10-28, 17:19   #229
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

5,717 Posts

Quote:
The client is crashing on close for me again, even when nothing, that I can think of anyway, changed from earlier. I've sent more details and debug info to rogue. Weird. At least there've been no major problems so far...
This is fixed. I just patched the files on-line. It only occurs when stopping the client AND when you have multiple servers configured. One of these alone is not an issue. The client saves all of its workunits before this occurs, so no work will be lost.
Old 2009-10-28, 17:40   #230
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

102538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
This is fixed. I just patched the files on-line. It only occurs when stopping the client AND when you have multiple servers configured. One of these alone is not an issue. The client saves all of its workunits before this occurs, so no work will be lost.
Ah, that explains it. I also remember now that I enabled alternate servers before it started crashing. It's working now.
Thanks!
Old 2009-11-03, 02:28   #231
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

10110010101012 Posts
Default PRPNet 2.4.4 is released

I found a major bug in 2.4.3 that occurs when the server allows for more than 15 or so workunits at a time and the client grabs that many. This causes the client to crash when returning them.

Here is a consolidated list of changes from 2.4.3:
  • all: Fix a crash that occurs when large messages (> 1000 bytes) are received.
  • server: Prevent server from double-checking primes.
  • server: Output a message if unable to open of the .removed files and keep candidate in the main file until the .removed file can be opened. This addresses a potential crash in which the server presumes that the .removed file could be opened.

Enjoy,
Mark