mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet

Old 2022-03-25, 23:42   #1
alpertron

Aug 2002
Buenos Aires, Argentina

32·163 Posts
Default Assign credit to proper computer when using manual submission form

I'm running P-1 in a computer labeled i5_11400, but Prime95 does not communicate directly with Prime95. I use the manual submission form to send the contents of the file results.json.txt

Each line of this file that is not a timestamp, includes the computer name:

Code:
... "user":"alpertron", "computer":"i5_11400"}
But in Account/Team Info > My Account > CPUs these results appear as Manual Testing, not in the row i5_11400.

I think that the Manual Testing row in that report should include only the results where the user does not provide any name for the computer.
alpertron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-26, 04:50   #2
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

2×47×109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpertron View Post
I think that the Manual Testing row in that report should include only the results where the user does not provide any name for the computer.
+1 Same here.
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-26, 12:48   #3
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

11011110010112 Posts

Same for manually reported GPU results. Even though all reports possible have systemname-gpuid in them. (Gpuowl, mfaktc, mfakto. Some old software doesn't include system info in its report format; CLLucas, CUDALucas, CUDAPm1 for example.) asr2-radeonvii0 is a system-device example. These are included for traceability back to the system and folder they're from. The PrimeNet server lumps all manually reported GPU results into one "manual" bin. Even though that's ~90% of total throughput, from many devices, many software instances, here.

Where's the +100 emoji?
kriesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-07, 22:45   #4
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

3·5·349 Posts
Default Somewhat related and saving a thread

I have 1 offsite computer for the summer; until September. It has no internet access and I'd like to report results occasionally...and I'd also like them attributed to that PC.

If I copy and submit manually that does not happen as we all know.

So how about copying the prime.spl file to a home PC but before letting it be processed change that PCs name to the remote name....and back after it's submitted.

My theory is they will show up under the desired PC name but a different CPUID. But can I not simply merge them at some time.
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-09, 14:29   #5
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

3×5×349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
I have 1 offsite computer for the summer; until September. It has no internet access and I'd like to report results occasionally...and I'd also like them attributed to that PC.

If I copy and submit manually that does not happen as we all know.

So how about copying the prime.spl file to a home PC but before letting it be processed change that PCs name to the remote name....and back after it's submitted.

My theory is they will show up under the desired PC name but a different CPUID. But can I not simply merge them at some time.
A flaw in my logic.

I turned off "Use primenet to report..." so I don't get the "Will try again in 70 minutes" over and over.
And now it does not create a .spl file.
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote