mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Lone Mersenne Hunters

Old 2003-02-08, 03:32   #1
trif

Aug 2002

2×101 Posts
Default Henk's graphs of factoring progress

It looks like this hasn't been updated since January 1st. I like looking at these graphs, so I'm missing them. :(
trif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-02-08, 09:00   #2
tha

Dec 2002

787 Posts
Default Re: Henk's graphs of factoring progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by trif
It looks like this hasn't been updated since January 1st. I like looking at these graphs, so I'm missing them. :(
Ah, well, now that we are in the process of moving it all over here let me tell you something more. The graphs are made with a program written in Delphi (or Kylix, both are Borland Pascal compilers).
The program can also be used to generate more detailed graphs of smaller regions of the database.

The program is currently still available at
http://home.planet.nl/~tha/overview.zip
a somewhat similar program is available at
http://home.planet.nl/~tha/changes_overview.zip
Both include the Delphi source code, so you can see what it does and change it, if desired.

Put the programs each in a seperate directory. Run the decomp program of George with the following options:
decomp -n LowerBoundExponent UpperBoundExponent
of course you need to have downloaded and unzipped nofactor.zip from the statuspage of the Mersenne website. These files are updated weekly by George, usually on Sunday.
Then run the overview program and the graph appears. It can take some time to generate the program, certainly with large ranges.

The second program can compare two files, and makes a graph of the differences. This tells you in which ranges there has been activity in the period in between the two files.
To run it rename the 'nofactor' file to 'nofactor_old', download a new nofactor.zip from the status page, generate a new nofactor file and then run the changes_overview program. It displays all activity of the server and Lone Mersenne Hunters that checked in results.

YotN,

Henk
tha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-02-18, 12:42   #3
tha

Dec 2002

78710 Posts
Default Re: Henk's graphs of factoring progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by trif
This is the latest image uploaded 2003 02 16. It can be found at
http://home.planet.nl/~tha/mersenne/index.html

http://home.planet.nl/~tha/mersenne/...ew20030216.gif

YotN,

Henk
tha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-02-18, 15:34   #4
Xyzzy

"Mike"
Aug 2002

23×3×52×13 Posts

Awesome!