mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > enzocreti

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-02-26, 14:35   #1
enzocreti
 
Mar 2018

17·31 Posts
Default Two variable functions

223*34^x+5879*y-(y-2)*17^2+10=f(x,y)
23*34^x+5879*y-(y-2)*17^2+10=g(x,y)




I search integers k>0 such that


either


f(x,y)=k



or



g(x,y)=k


have integer solutions x and y greater than 0.




Is it possible to find such k up to 10^6?

Last fiddled with by enzocreti on 2020-02-26 at 14:46
enzocreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-27, 04:52   #2
CRGreathouse
 
CRGreathouse's Avatar
 
Aug 2006

10111001100102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzocreti View Post
Is it possible to find such k up to 10^6?
It is! I find 678 such members. You could, too, with my code below and a copy of PARI/GP. The parameters are pretty extensible in case you'd like to modify things.

Code:
liste(lim,mul,base=34,step=5590,offset=588)=my(v=List(),X=mul*base); lim\=1; while(X<lim,forstep(n=X+offset+step,lim,step, listput(v,n)); X*=base); Set(v)
list(lim)=setunion(liste(lim,23),liste(lim,223))
v=list(1e6)
Up to a billion I find 1370532 or 0.1%. Asymptotically I think the density is about 1.5% (42/2795) but it will take a while to get there.
CRGreathouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-27, 06:13   #3
enzocreti
 
Mar 2018

17·31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGreathouse View Post
It is! I find 678 such members. You could, too, with my code below and a copy of PARI/GP. The parameters are pretty extensible in case you'd like to modify things.

Code:
liste(lim,mul,base=34,step=5590,offset=588)=my(v=List(),X=mul*base); lim\=1; while(X<lim,forstep(n=X+offset+step,lim,step, listput(v,n)); X*=base); Set(v)
list(lim)=setunion(liste(lim,23),liste(lim,223))
v=list(1e6)
Up to a billion I find 1370532 or 0.1%. Asymptotically I think the density is about 1.5% (42/2795) but it will take a while to get there.


Among the solutions there are k=69660, 92020 and 541456 which are the exponents of pg primes multiple of 86.
Is it a chance?
enzocreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-27, 07:17   #4
CRGreathouse
 
CRGreathouse's Avatar
 
Aug 2006

2·2,969 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzocreti View Post
Among the solutions there are k=69660, 92020 and 541456 which are the exponents of pg primes multiple of 86.
Is it a chance?
Probably! You cover a lot of residue classes, and your method isn't clear. Had you specified a method *before* I found the list it would have been more compelling.
CRGreathouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-27, 08:15   #5
enzocreti
 
Mar 2018

17×31 Posts
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGreathouse View Post
Probably! You cover a lot of residue classes, and your method isn't clear. Had you specified a method *before* I found the list it would have been more compelling.



All the k's (for k multiple of 43) that are solutions if I am not wrong are congruent to (7^3+1) mod 559.
Why?

Last fiddled with by enzocreti on 2020-02-27 at 09:00
enzocreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-27, 10:01   #6
enzocreti
 
Mar 2018

17·31 Posts
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGreathouse View Post
Probably! You cover a lot of residue classes, and your method isn't clear. Had you specified a method *before* I found the list it would have been more compelling.



92020, 69660 and 541456 are moreover congruent to 10^m mod 41...


I don't know if there are other k's solutions that are congruent to 10^m mod 41
enzocreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 02:21   #7
CRGreathouse
 
CRGreathouse's Avatar
 
Aug 2006

2×2,969 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzocreti View Post
92020, 69660 and 541456 are moreover congruent to 10^m mod 41...


I don't know if there are other k's solutions that are congruent to 10^m mod 41
I mean, znorder(Mod(10,41)) = 5. It's not a rare property.
CRGreathouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 08:50   #8
enzocreti
 
Mar 2018

17×31 Posts
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGreathouse View Post
I mean, znorder(Mod(10,41)) = 5. It's not a rare property.


yes I don't understand why the k solutions multiple of 43 are all congruent to 344 mod 559
enzocreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
List of variable-n primes found Oddball Twin Prime Search 122 2020-09-08 16:34
is this a demonstrable formula?: (Extension of the independent variable) Godzilla Miscellaneous Math 14 2019-05-11 06:09
Let y^2=xz-x^2+1, and if value of x is known, can y and z be directly calculated? Given all variable MARTHA Number Theory Discussion Group 11 2018-03-02 15:55
Exponentiation w/ independent variable Unregistered Homework Help 4 2010-08-04 06:38
Variable FFT sizes Mini-Geek Software 7 2008-01-14 17:33

All times are UTC. The time now is 23:01.

Fri Nov 27 23:01:34 UTC 2020 up 78 days, 20:12, 3 users, load averages: 1.95, 1.83, 1.52

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.