mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > jwaltos

Old 2020-10-22, 10:20   #1
jwaltos

Apr 2012

33×13 Posts
Default Tamagawa and QCD.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/0801.4733.pdf

The above link is to a paper that describes a theoretical formalism that has applications within "reality." Examples can be found utilizing software like FORM, algorithms like PSLQ..and so on. I came upon this paper by trying to track down Andre Neron's thesis...if anyone knows where I can find it online that would be appreciated. My prior posts were expunged since they lingered here long enough and the same will happen to this and the following posts. In the interim, I'm exploring a tangent from galactic modelling/processes to .." why QCD confinement at low energy is a mathematical problem of great relevance.." where the term "mathematical" is loaded to say the least and it brings to mind my favourite Chretien quote:

"I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven.”
― Jean Chrétien

Last fiddled with by jwaltos on 2020-10-22 at 10:33
jwaltos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 11:15   #2
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

3·19·67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaltos View Post
<snip>
I came upon this paper by trying to track down Andre Neron's thesis...if anyone knows where I can find it online that would be appreciated.
<snip>
According to the Mathematics Genealogy Project, André Néron got his Ph.D. in 1952, and the title of his thesis is Problèmes arithmétique et géométriques rattachés à la notion de rang d\'une courbe algébrique dans un corps.

A PDF of a 1952 paper of that title by that author may be found here.
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 21:00   #3
jwaltos

Apr 2012

33×13 Posts

Thanks! I have a bottle of Armagnac (slightly depleted) that had been given to me as a motivator. Having acquired a taste for this particular spirit while in France, a few sips help me slog through some of the tougher papers like Neron's.

Last fiddled with by jwaltos on 2020-10-22 at 21:06
jwaltos is offline   Reply With Quote