mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Miscellaneous Math

View Poll Results: Is this proof correct ?
The proof seems to be correct. 0 0%
The proof seems to be wrong (kindly point out the crucial flaw). 0 0%
Mathematical proofs are not shown to be correct by polls 8 88.89%
"This is not even wrong", read Wolfgang Pauli 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2022-10-19, 22:48   #1
Tatenda

Oct 2022

1310 Posts
Default Is _that_ a proof of the strong (binary) Goldbach conjecture

This is a follow up post to:

https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=28154

concerning my proposed proof of the binary Goldbach conjecture for even integers congruent to 2 mod 4. I think I might have found a proof of the full conjecture. Kindly see:
https://figshare.com/articles/prepri...cture/21342042

Your constructive comments are most welcome.

Sincerely,

Tatenda.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf On the binary Goldbach conjecture..pdf (181.2 KB, 40 views)
Old 2022-10-20, 08:59   #2
Tatenda

Oct 2022

13 Posts

Revised (more rigorous) version.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf On the binary Goldbach conjecture..pdf (198.9 KB, 45 views)
Old 2022-10-20, 09:36   #3
Tatenda

Oct 2022

13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatenda View Post
This is a follow up post to:

https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=28154

concerning my proposed proof of the binary Goldbach conjecture for even integers congruent to 2 mod 4. I think I might have found a proof of the full conjecture. Kindly see:
https://figshare.com/articles/prepri...cture/21342042

Your constructive comments are most welcome.

Sincerely,

Tatenda.
To those that added the third option on the poll: I didn't create the poll as a way of validating my proof. Rather, the poll is meant to be a quick way to see how many people think the proof is actually correct.
Old 2022-10-20, 12:37   #4
Primon Tatenda #2

2·3·7·11·13 Posts

Quote:
Nice approach, but I'm not qualified enough to say anything conclusive about it. Best wishes.

Old 2022-10-20, 14:24   #5
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

141048 Posts

Quote:
So you found that your original "proof" was wrong within about 10 hours after you posted it.

I hope you're not expecting anyone to take this seriously.
Old 2022-10-20, 14:51   #6
Tatenda

Oct 2022

158 Posts

I nevee said the first proof was wrong. I just found a way to improve the result and I uploaded it. Clearly, your tone is that of a mere hater, and no one should ever waste time trying to convince haters.
Old 2022-10-20, 14:58   #7
Tatenda

Oct 2022

13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
So you found that your original "proof" was wrong within about 10 hours after you posted it.

I hope you're not expecting anyone to take this seriously.
I never said the first proof was wrong! I always work hard to improve/generalize my results as much as possible, and this is exactly what i did! Clearly, your tone is that of a hater, and i shouldn't waste my time trying to convince mere haters.

If my post is not interesting to you, simply skip it rather than corrupting it with your hate-filled comments. To maintain the sanity of this thread, I won't reply anymore to your nonsense.

Last fiddled with by Tatenda on 2022-10-20 at 15:12 Reason: Typo correction.
Old 2022-10-20, 16:22   #8
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

1004910 Posts

Quote:
I never said the first proof was wrong! I always work hard to improve/generalize my results as much as possible, and this is exactly what i did! Clearly, your tone is that of a hater, and i shouldn't waste my time trying to convince mere haters.

If my post is not interesting to you, simply skip it rather than corrupting it with your hate-filled comments. To maintain the sanity of this thread, I won't reply anymore to your nonsense.
MOD WARNING: you are hate-mongering, not the person who raised a valid question. Stop accusing other people with inflammatory remarks or you could face a temporary educational ban.

Your behaviour is even more nonsensical given the fact that you wrote not just one, but two messages arguing with a forum moderator (color: red)
____

Oh, it gets better! - You also created a sock puppet to praise your own work?! Outstanding! -->
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primon View Post
Nice approach, but I'm not qualified enough to say anything conclusive about it. Best wishes.
For that, let's start with a ban for 2 weeks.
Closed Thread