mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Miscellaneous Math

View Poll Results: Is this proof correct ?
The proof seems to be correct. 0 0%
The proof seems to be wrong (kindly point out the crucial flaw). 0 0%
Mathematical proofs are not shown to be correct by polls 8 88.89%
"This is not even wrong", read Wolfgang Pauli 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-10-19, 22:48   #1
Tatenda
 
Oct 2022

1310 Posts
Default Is _that_ a proof of the strong (binary) Goldbach conjecture

This is a follow up post to:

https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=28154

concerning my proposed proof of the binary Goldbach conjecture for even integers congruent to 2 mod 4. I think I might have found a proof of the full conjecture. Kindly see:
https://figshare.com/articles/prepri...cture/21342042

Your constructive comments are most welcome.

Sincerely,

Tatenda.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf On the binary Goldbach conjecture..pdf (181.2 KB, 40 views)
Tatenda is offline  
Old 2022-10-20, 08:59   #2
Tatenda
 
Oct 2022

13 Posts
Default

Revised (more rigorous) version.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf On the binary Goldbach conjecture..pdf (198.9 KB, 45 views)
Tatenda is offline  
Old 2022-10-20, 09:36   #3
Tatenda
 
Oct 2022

13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatenda View Post
This is a follow up post to:

https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=28154

concerning my proposed proof of the binary Goldbach conjecture for even integers congruent to 2 mod 4. I think I might have found a proof of the full conjecture. Kindly see:
https://figshare.com/articles/prepri...cture/21342042

Your constructive comments are most welcome.

Sincerely,

Tatenda.
To those that added the third option on the poll: I didn't create the poll as a way of validating my proof. Rather, the poll is meant to be a quick way to see how many people think the proof is actually correct.
Tatenda is offline  
Old 2022-10-20, 12:37   #4
Primon Tatenda #2
 

2·3·7·11·13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatenda View Post
Revised (more rigorous) version.
Nice approach, but I'm not qualified enough to say anything conclusive about it. Best wishes.
 
Old 2022-10-20, 14:24   #5
Dr Sardonicus
 
Dr Sardonicus's Avatar
 
Feb 2017
Nowhere

141048 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatenda View Post
Revised (more rigorous) version.
So you found that your original "proof" was wrong within about 10 hours after you posted it.

I hope you're not expecting anyone to take this seriously.
Dr Sardonicus is offline  
Old 2022-10-20, 14:51   #6
Tatenda
 
Oct 2022

158 Posts
Default

I nevee said the first proof was wrong. I just found a way to improve the result and I uploaded it. Clearly, your tone is that of a mere hater, and no one should ever waste time trying to convince haters.
Tatenda is offline  
Old 2022-10-20, 14:58   #7
Tatenda
 
Oct 2022

13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
So you found that your original "proof" was wrong within about 10 hours after you posted it.

I hope you're not expecting anyone to take this seriously.
I never said the first proof was wrong! I always work hard to improve/generalize my results as much as possible, and this is exactly what i did! Clearly, your tone is that of a hater, and i shouldn't waste my time trying to convince mere haters.

If my post is not interesting to you, simply skip it rather than corrupting it with your hate-filled comments. To maintain the sanity of this thread, I won't reply anymore to your nonsense.

Last fiddled with by Tatenda on 2022-10-20 at 15:12 Reason: Typo correction.
Tatenda is offline  
Old 2022-10-20, 16:22   #8
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

1004910 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatenda View Post
I never said the first proof was wrong! I always work hard to improve/generalize my results as much as possible, and this is exactly what i did! Clearly, your tone is that of a hater, and i shouldn't waste my time trying to convince mere haters.

If my post is not interesting to you, simply skip it rather than corrupting it with your hate-filled comments. To maintain the sanity of this thread, I won't reply anymore to your nonsense.
MOD WARNING: you are hate-mongering, not the person who raised a valid question. Stop accusing other people with inflammatory remarks or you could face a temporary educational ban.

Your behaviour is even more nonsensical given the fact that you wrote not just one, but two messages arguing with a forum moderator (color: red)
____

Oh, it gets better! - You also created a sock puppet to praise your own work?! Outstanding! -->
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primon View Post
Nice approach, but I'm not qualified enough to say anything conclusive about it. Best wishes.
For that, let's start with a ban for 2 weeks.
Batalov is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6-line proof of the binary Goldbach conjecture for even integers congruent to 2 mod 4. Tatenda Miscellaneous Math 2 2022-10-16 21:12
Idiotic Proof of the Twin primes Conjecture and Goldbach's conjecture Hugo1177 Miscellaneous Math 1 2021-01-13 22:15
"PROOF" OF GOLDBACH'S CONJECTURE Awojobi Miscellaneous Math 221 2019-10-02 08:33
I Think I Have A Proof of the strong Goldbach conjecture MathDoggy Miscellaneous Math 9 2019-04-13 16:13
Proof of Goldbach Conjecture vector Miscellaneous Math 5 2007-12-01 14:43

All times are UTC. The time now is 15:59.


Sat Jan 28 16:00:00 UTC 2023 up 163 days, 13:28, 0 users, load averages: 0.95, 1.04, 1.22

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔