mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Twin Prime Search

Old 2022-07-14, 19:27   #243
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2×13×263 Posts

I don't know what you mean by "manually submit"? Did the client actually perform those tests?
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-14, 23:02   #244
whengryphonsfly

Jul 2022

2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
I don't know what you mean by "manually submit"? Did the client actually perform those tests?
No, and that's the issue. The server thinks the client is doing those 12 tests, but the client threw an error and rejected them without properly abandoning them. So, those 12 tests are stuck in limbo. I manually ran LLR, so I know what the results are, but I don't know how to get those results to the server.

I think I read somewhere that the server will automatically cancel tests that take 48 hours, and if that's the case it won't matter. But I may be misremembering that, and if so then manual intervention will be required. Hence, my question: is there some way I can bypass prpclient on my end and report the results? Or do we just wait?
whengryphonsfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-15, 00:57   #245
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2×13×263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whengryphonsfly View Post
No, and that's the issue. The server thinks the client is doing those 12 tests, but the client threw an error and rejected them without properly abandoning them. So, those 12 tests are stuck in limbo. I manually ran LLR, so I know what the results are, but I don't know how to get those results to the server.

I think I read somewhere that the server will automatically cancel tests that take 48 hours, and if that's the case it won't matter. But I may be misremembering that, and if so then manual intervention will be required. Hence, my question: is there some way I can bypass prpclient on my end and report the results? Or do we just wait?
There is no way to manually report test results. The server will eventually expire the test (there is a Pending Tests page accessible via a browser) that will tell you when it will expire. Once expired it will be sent out again.

Last fiddled with by rogue on 2022-07-15 at 00:58
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote